Sponsored

Newly delivered with a 2.7 and the oil on the dipstick is 1/4 inch above the "top-full" circle

The Bronc

Badlands
First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Xterra; 04 Element; 06 Sentra; 10 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know this has been discussed ad nauseam. Apparently the owner's manual says 6 quarts of oil, but my oil level is 1/4 above the "top-full" circle. I wonder if it was filled with 6 or 7 quarts at the factory.

I would assume that a newly built 5/5 Bronco would have the correct dipstick. Is this the norm? When I change the oil and refill, do I refill to where the oil level is now at the time of delivery or shoot for the "top-full" circle of the dipstick?
Sponsored

TX-Dennis

Wildtrak
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
They all (or at least most) seem to come over filled from the factory. I wouldn't sweat it. It's not enough to cause an issue. Just let it go until your first oil change.

Mine is the same, and I'm just letting it ride until I change the oil(coming fairly soon now).

OP
OP
The Bronc

The Bronc

Badlands
First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Xterra; 04 Element; 06 Sentra; 10 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Will you measure what comes out and replace with the same, add 6 quarts and let it be wherever it measures on the stick, or fill to the “full” line?

Fmuguira

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ditto, mine showed up and same place on dipstick. Gonna run it a 1000 miles and dump oil along with installing Ronin plug.

Put 6 qts in and mark dipstick location as my”new” full mark. Got To remember factory fill is 7 1/2qts so probably a half qt in oil pump, lines, etc and other qt was a cushion, cya.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What you're seeing is normal and apparently the official stance of Ford.

For some unknown reason (lack of transparency) Ford has a specked out 7.5 q at the factory but only 6 qt for oil changes.

The 7.5 puts you above the max, the 6 puts you on the max. Ford has claimed either one is "ok" (which goes against decades of oil capacity arguments, But whatever)

It would be expected to have .5 lost in the system (so it's really 7 vs 6), but to have 7.5????

For me, I left the factory fill as is for the first 5K but scratched a line when that put it on the dipstick after sitting overnight.

Personally, I think when I did my 1st oil change I went with 6.5

Sponsored

Fmuguira

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just changed mine for first time. 950 miles on it.

measured what came out and just slightly over 6 qts. I let it drain for 29-25 minutes. Put 6 back in, started for 5 minutes and let sit for 30 minutes after shutting off. It’s on the upper hash/full area!!

Perfect and mines getting 6qts every change with plenty of time to drain old oil.

BTW, glad I changed early; looked in all the filter pleats on oil filter and nearly all of them had 1-3 specs of metal (silver) in them. Not enough to worry about as filter did its job but glad I got it out of there. Probably change again in 3000-3500 and 5000 max thereafter.
Sponsored