Sponsored

I just got a 24 Bronco 2.7l. Where the heck is the auto transmission dipstick fluid check

kr_1315

Black Diamond
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Tundra, Explorer, IS500, '23 Bronco 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I personally would do a drain and fill every 30k if I had an automatic. I've done my 2017 Superduty and wife's Explorer, and our past 2013 Expedition. I wouldn't trust maintenance free. Sure if your leasing or don't keep them past 100,000 miles...
I agree. I installed a PPE pan with a drain plug primarily for ease of servicing. I installed the pan at 1000 miles, and did a drain and fill at 13000. I measured the drained amount and replaced with the same. Double check with dipstick. Easy.
Sponsored

contented

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2 Competition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My BMW M2 competition doesn’t have a dipstick for either the engine or transmission.

lamokadave

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
No trans dipstick is a blessing if the same joker who designed the engine oil dipstick would have been in charge of the trans oil as well. As sharp as Ford design is in some areas, their under hood and engine compartment folks could use someone to organize and build some user friendliness into the under hood area.
Agree with you. Have a new Bronco and wanted to check oil level at my first gas stop. At 5'9" I simply could not see the ds tube from the fender. I ended up climbing on the bumper and even then it wasn't easy to reinsert.

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have 90k on my Bronco - I will probably have the fluid changed at 100k miles.
I just changed mine at 36,000 miles along with the transfer case, front and rear diff.

sabasigh

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

One of my favorite lines in The Office was when Ryan said "I can't change the oil on a car, but I could run GM." The problem is that this is so true of corporate America these days - I'd be very surprised if anyone running the big 3 even know how to check their tire pressure. They just know how to maximize profit, and if removing a dipstick will save $1 a vehicle and that results in an extra few hundred grand a year, then that's what they'll order. ;)
Irrespective of any feelings for Michael Moore, this was definitely one of my favorite segments on his short lived TV show "TV Nation."

Segment was called "CEO Challenge" and Ford CEO @ the time, Alex Trotman, came and did an oil change on an Explorer.

Sponsored

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Irrespective of any feelings for Michael Moore, this was definitely one of my favorite segments on his short lived TV show "TV Nation."

Segment was called "CEO Challenge" and Ford CEO @ the time, Alex Trotman, came and did an oil change on an Explorer.

That's pretty cool. I wonder how many current CEOs could do that?

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Does flat towing cause anything in transmission to turn?

We have 3x as many miles from flat towing than our Bronco shows. Flat towing miles do not show on the dash board odometer.
If everything is working as it should nothing in the transmission turns. The output shaft of the transfer case does, the rear (and in some cases front) differential, axle shafts and wheel bearings do. So if you really watch things service interval for transfer case and differential lube would be more frequent. Or you could be like me and pretend you don't know this.