Sponsored

How to check transmission oil level (no dipstick)? Mileage to change engine and transmission oil?

Mpali

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Anyone can tell me how I can check the trans fluid level. Is there a dipstick that I cannot find? Also, how many miles for trans filter and oil change?
Sponsored

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You should go to a Ford dealer and ask the “service manager” or read the “owners manual”.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OR we could use our energy to be helpful.

There isn't one. It is checked with a fill/check plug in the side of the trans - similar to how a manual trans would be filled/checked. It supposedly has "lifetime" trans fluid in it.

Typically if there are trans issues or suspected fluid issues, take it to the dealer to see if it needs a flush-n-fill.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mpali

Mpali

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
OR we could use our energy to be helpful.

There isn't one. It is checked with a fill/check plug in the side of the trans - similar to how a manual trans would be filled/checked. It supposedly has "lifetime" trans fluid in it.

Typically if there are trans issues or suspected fluid issues, take it to the dealer to see if it needs a flush-n-fill.
Thanks for your reply

Sponsored

mini4mw

Badlands
First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've read some jeeps that have the same thing but they are completely sealed and then blowup bc the trans fluid is jello. Need to find/check the definition of lifetime. It could be 10yrs. Either way I'd still change it at some point, perhaps every 50k.

iamcris

Badlands
First Name
Cristian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Additional info. #reserved.
Breather/vent cap? How about if so does it have anything to do with the fjord water level? Good question for an engineer or someone that's been on top of the auto trans. We are talking auto trans right?

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah I hate that they don't give us any means to check the fluid status or level. I mean how you supposed to know if some water got in your transmission or something.

My mother-in-law has a Mercedes, and they seal the dipstick tube to the transmission. You basically have to break off the seal and purchase a special Mercedes tool (aka a dipstick) to check its level.

..... And don't believe there's a lifetime fluid crap. It's all marketing. What they really saying is lifetime for the warranty period!

Denny Swift

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
718 Spyder, 992 GTS, Citroen 2CV, Husky FE350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If it's not leaking, there really is no need to check it. There is no place for the oil to go. But if you want to....

Screen Shot 2022-11-18 at 9.17.38 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-11-18 at 9.24.02 AM.png

SuperFord

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

You shouldn't need to check your transmission fluid unless it is leaking or the transmission is acting up.

As Denny Swift said above, the factory transmission fluid interval is 150,000 miles (not "lifetime").

Having said that Ford stops warrantying the transmission at 60,000 miles so you may want to opt to start servicing it then.

Sponsored

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If I had an auto, I would change fluid and filter at 30k, fluid only at 60k, then fluid/filter at 90k and keep that routine up.

Yo won't be draining all the fluid but you will be adding clean fluid to what is stuck in the lines, torque converter.

That's what I'm doing with our Explorer and Super Duty...

internationlriders

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If it's not leaking, there really is no need to check it. There is no place for the oil to go. But if you want to....
Thanks for posting this, I'm wondering how this will be affected by towing a lot. We pull our 3200lb travel trailer a lot so I'll definitely be keeping an eye on the transmission and diff fluids.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This post is a little old, but for future reference if anyone else looks for this information… I’m not sure why everyone said there is no dipstick, because the 10R60 does have one on the left side of the transmission. It’s not just a plug, it has a small dipstick for checking the level.

Ford Bronco How to check transmission oil level (no dipstick)? Mileage to change engine and transmission oil? F8B65512-2CC5-40C7-ABCB-75A945F783D0

Bosco24

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks old school doesnt apply any more
Sponsored