Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Cyber Orange 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have scheduled my 2022 2.7 cyber 2 door black diamond to have the windshield recall addressed.

While on the phone, the rep said I should have the oil changed since I’ve had the vehicle for 6 months, even though it only has 1200 miles.

I plan to get an oil change to err on the cautious side, but I just wonder.... is it really necessary???

Opinions/facts appreciated.

Thanks all,
BamBam
Sponsored

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
First thousand or so miles is a good time to change the oil, After that 3-5K or more depending on who you talk to, and if you use synthetic or not.

Cobrafang

Wildtrak
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Any time you go to an oil change outfit the give you a mileage and a date for when you should get a change. Given this is your first one, the person might be thinking you have drive it more than you have. It won’t hurt either way I feel. Lot of dealers are just trying to make money. If it were me I would wait until 5k miles but not more than 1 year time which ever comes first.

M4Madness

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm planning to do my first oil change at 1000. I've always changed the oil in every vehicle I've ever owned every 3000 miles (even those with full synthetic), so I'll probably continue that tradition with the Bronco.

Shazamalingo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

For a decade I've changed the oil when the computer says to change the oil. I've never had an issue after many many many miles on any car with this approach. FWIW - the Bronco manual clearly states to change the oil at 10k miles or when the car says to change the oil, whatever comes first.

Last edited:

Sponsored

TenSeven

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For my new cars, I change the oil at 500-1000, 2500, 5000, then every 5000 thereafter.

I know that is probably excessive but it has worked. I've never had an oil-related issue (so far, fingers, toes and eyes crossed) with new engines.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My first oil change at under 2k. After that every 3k-5k. I use Fords recommended oil.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There is condensation and cold start “blow by” that can accumulate when a vehicle is run infrequently or for short intervals. There are probably several factors to consider, but there is little downside to following the manufacturers specifications for time and/or mileage for service IMO.

OP
OP

BamBamBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Cyber Orange 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks everybody.

Sponsored

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did it early on. I forget when. Maybe 1200 miles. After that I follow the FordPass app. It tells me when.

Mikey D

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mikedelninno.com
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I wouldn't worry at 1,200 miles. Especially if you aren't jumping on the gas during the first 1,000. At this stage, it's probably broken in. When in doubt, simply pull the dip stick and look at the oil shade. If it's still clear, your oil is near 100%. When it starts to get darker, then it's beginning to suspend dirt and it's getting ready to change. I don't like the shade to get really dirty, since it's degraded and not doing its job.

AMTRV

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands 4dr, 22 6.7L Tremor, 1940 Ford Cpe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wouldn't worry at 1,200 miles. Especially if you aren't jumping on the gas during the first 1,000. At this stage, it's probably broken in. When in doubt, simply pull the dip stick and look at the oil shade. If it's still clear, your oil is near 100%. When it starts to get darker, then it's beginning to suspend dirt and it's getting ready to change. I don't like the shade to get really dirty, since it's degraded and not doing its job.
That’s an extremely subjective way to know if your oil need changing Mikey……but so is going by miles I guess
😉

Mikey D

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mikedelninno.com
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That’s an extremely subjective way to know if your oil need changing😉
Maybe. I spent 15 years working with Valvoline, so I trust my subjectivity. Having said that, you're correct. Better set a range of mileage, time and the in-dash AI meter. Save the look test for final check.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

My Bronco told me to get an oil change on its first birthday. I had just rolled 5k. Anything less is a waste of dinosaurs.
Sponsored