Sponsored

Recommended mileage for first oil change?

Rjacks258

Wildtrak
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2019 Ford F250, 2009 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I would trust Ford's recommendations over the fools that want to change the oil every few thousand miles, like was needed for cars 50 years ago, but not for the new ones.
That’s the point I was making. No matter the interval. I honestly have only read 10k, just doing searches. Haven’t looked at our digital manual yet.
Sponsored

los7883

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just got mine last week, plan on changing over to fully synthetic at 1,000 miles and then changing once a year after that. Have all my vehicles on that schedule and never had any issues!!! (knock on wood)

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Whatever you're comfortable with and can afford.

Ford says you can go the full interval, so if you're comfortable with that do it. If you're not comfortable with leaving mild abrasives in your oil that long (I'm not), or just want to feel like you're playing an active role in protecting your engine, do it sooner. Either way, your engine will be totally fine.

Broncoco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What octane fuel should we use? 🤣🤣🤣. Please don't reply. I'm joking.

OuterJersey

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota,VW, Lexus, Triumph, Honda MC
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What’s this word “prolly” you young whipper snappers keep using

a whole 5? If that makes you an expert…..there are also prolly more models with Turbos than what you have backordered. So only 5? Lol
Chest thumping madman you are. Go on with your early oil changes. Surprised Ford, or anyone for that matter, hasn’t scooped you up for all that knowledge. If I had to guess, and I’m prolly wrong, you gotta be at least 55-60? Lol.
What’s this word “prolly” you young whipper snappers keep using? Is there a Ford warning that says “ Bro you should prolly change your oil now, you be driving like a mad man” that I’m missing?”
I guess I probably missed it. 🤣

Sponsored

M7 23

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
First at 1k, then no more and every 5k after that. If heavy use, will knock an interval down to 3k. Motorcraft filter, and motorcraft blend as recommended in OM.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ll be at 3800 when I do it next week. I trust the oil filter is doing its job with any particulates. 4-5k from then on.

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My personal private mechanic (who I’m lucky to have), who runs a small, family owned auto repair business, recommended, “ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY run full synthetic oil in an engine with a turbo.”

UM_Ftown

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 5.9, 01 XJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I changed mine at 1k miles then it’s oil monitor after that. Some of you must work for oil companies. No reason to change it less than 5k miles unless you think you got contamination in the oil or it’s been over a year.

Sponsored

LLFOSTER

Wildtrak
First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm in the 2,500 mile first oil change, then 5,000 mile, then 5,000 mile intervals after that.

My question is will Ford honor the Warranty if I do the oil changes myself, or do they need to be performed by a Dealership? This Bronco is the first vehicle I have bought that was new enough to actually have a powertrain warranty.

One more upgrade

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe Mogush
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Tesla Plaid X 22 Escalade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What mileage is recommended for first oil change?
I did my first at 2k, then every 5k moving forward. I have followed the same procedure for every twin turbo vehicle I have owned. The engines produce more heat, and I also love my Bronco the same as my Porsche and want to take care of it!

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My Bronco TOLD me when it wanted an oil change the last time I did it. I was planning to stick with 7500 miles, but it was somewhere before 5000 when it started nagging me about it, so I got it changed.

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm in the 2,500 mile first oil change, then 5,000 mile, then 5,000 mile intervals after that.

My question is will Ford honor the Warranty if I do the oil changes myself, or do they need to be performed by a Dealership? This Bronco is the first vehicle I have bought that was new enough to actually have a powertrain warranty.
Just be sure to buy the correct oil/filter and be able to show a receipt. I just go to the Ford dealer and buy factory suggested products then enter the info into the FordPass app in the service history page. You can even take a pic of your receipt and attach it to that record. FordPass makes it easy to keep track of service.

I did 1st at 1500miles then the dealer did 2nd at 4400. Will do every 5k from now on.

Poppavein

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes, the THE MAGNUSON-MOSS WARRANTY ACT allows you to do your own oil change and still maintain your warranty, as long as you have proof.

I'll be doing my oil changes every 5k with Mobil 1. I'm bad at taking records so this is easy to remember. I'll probably do it at 1k, just to feel comfortable.

You might consider doing an oil analysis at each change. This would give you a warning if there is any abnormal wear. And an oil analysis could help determine the best oil change interval by how well the oil is holding up.
Recommended: https://www.blackstone-labs.com/
Sponsored