First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So I bought my bronco wildtrak in August 2022. Just had my first oiled change at 2,900 miles . I'm curious though , when did y'all get your first oil change. I could swore my old junker cars used to run double that miles before I got an oild change so what's up with needing an oil change before it hit 3k miles. I rarely use the bronco hence I had it for a year and haven't driven it for than 3k. Note this is my first "new" vehicle since graduating college and always driven old as heck cars šŸ¤§ so don't be mean šŸ˜©
Sponsored

OP
OP
Osky305

Osky305

Wildtrak
First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Oil must be changed at least once per year regardless of mileage. August 2022 was over a year ago, so. . .
Wow so if I don't use the car for a whole year I still need to get an oil change . Also thanks for not being mean. I appreciate it .

Shazamalingo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Wow so if I don't use the car for a whole year I still need to get an oil change . Also thanks for not being mean. I appreciate it .
Changing oil once a year is a good idea. Water can collect in it, etcā€¦ even if you donā€™t use the car.

MK0412

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord and Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I plan on doing oil at 1k. Should be there after this long weekend. I know itā€™s not needed or required but would make me feel better. Every 5k after that. Not my daily driver so miles come slowly.

Sponsored

TCC

Wildtrak
First Name
TC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX -> WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
^^^ Good advice. I did my first oil change on my WT at 1100 miles. Iā€™ll change it every 4-5K from here on out. Turbo engines are hard on oil So changing it more frequently is cheap insurance.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My first oil change was about 2500 miles. Then every 5K after that.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
changed at 2200 miles, almost exactly one year of ownership at the time.

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I just did my first change at 1050 miles. Oil life was at 85%.
It prob wasn't necessary, but I like to do an early oil change just after break-in. It's more of a habit since I've rebuilt a few engines on 60's-70's cars.... there's usually more wear during those early miles.
My Bronc was overfilled at the factory, the level was over the 2nd dot on the dip stick. I drained out 7 qts, and put in 6 qts which took it to the top of the cross hatched area on the dip stick.... just right.

Original fill was at the 1-1/4" mark, where the arrow is. It should be just under 3/4"(below the 2nd dot)

Ford Bronco Your first oil change mileage? 1693787782186

Last edited:

Sponsored

Hunger&SharkTooth

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
~5000 miles

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ā€˜16 Corvette Z51
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I do the first oil change at 1,000 miles with full synthetic that meets Ford spec. Replace drain plug with Ronin one.

Then it is oil change once a year or 7500k, which ever comes first. A modern synthetic with a quality filter can last 10k no problems.

Iā€™m weird. I also do the diffs and transfer case at the first 1,000 miles. After that I do those fluids every couple of years, or 20-40k miles, which ever comes first. But if you do a water crossing, you really should change out the fluid.

Brake fluid every 2 years for me.

Coolant, a basic drain and fill every 2 years. Not a full flush, just basic radiator lower hose drain.

Transmission 40-60k.

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do the first at 1000 miles. It is not a gimmick/money grab. You will find metal shards/scraps in that first oil change and you want that out of the engine as soon as possible. That is why you do the 1k oil change even though it is not mentioned in any owners manual. After that I go to the owners manual maintenance schedule. Typically this is 5-7k miles or 7-12 month. I always do full synthetic. Sometimes the dealer will do standard. I have had to tell them a few times before dropping the Bronco off. It is recommended to be consistent with the type of oil you use.

Combustion_King

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i did my first one around 5k, did mobil 1, i think it said 40% or so on the oil life read out. Ill probably do 5-6k depending when i have time and the weather.
Sponsored