Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just do whatever you're comfortable with. Full synthetics are incredibly resilient compared to oils of yesteryear. If you're old-school like me, 10,000 miles feels insane, especially in a turbocharged engine where the oil is being subjected to crazy heat cycles. If you grew up with synthetic oils, 8-10k miles is the norm. This thread reflects both mindsets, and neither opinion is necessarily wrong. Whatever interval keeps you from stressing out is the correct one (be it about money or fear of blowing your motor). Just don't exceed the Ford interval.

Personally I'm going to change my oil at around 1000 miles following break-in, then roughly follow Ford's schedule from there (or a few thousand miles sooner because that makes me feel better).
Sponsored

bikearch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The first change i did at the end of the breakin period as in this time the parts are seating there can be itsy bitsy elements in the oil due to break in. After that it has been every 5k. I use a full synthetic motul. Also long as you do not exceed what the MFG recommends you are good. ALso i personally believe full synthetic is the way to go because the motor was design for tolerances based on the properties a full synthetic has...this is just my thoughts and more inlikey I am wrong

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The first change i did at the end of the breakin period as in this time the parts are seating there can be itsy bitsy elements in the oil due to break in. After that it has been every 5k. I use a full synthetic motul. Also long as you do not exceed what the MFG recommends you are good. ALso i personally believe full synthetic is the way to go because the motor was design for tolerances based on the properties a full synthetic has...this is just my thoughts and more inlikey I am wrong
You would be hard pressed to find any metal in your oil in 2022. This was the case years ago. Old habits are hard to break. Parts are machined to much much tighter tolerances now.

bravely

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
3490 s leonard rd, new palestine in 46163
Vehicle(s)
1973 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm planning to do my first oil change at 1000. I've always changed the oil in every vehicle I've ever owned every 3000 miles (even those with full synthetic), so I'll probably continue that tradition with the Bronco.
I did as you in the old days. Motors are built much much better than then. Never hurts to change too frequently, but overkill in my opinion.
Sponsored