Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend - SAS / Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My apologies if this has been addressed in other threads, did a search but couldn't find the answer. I purchased the ESP warranty through Granger recently for my Bronco. Should I have a ford dealership do all of the oil changes, so there is a record of it, or can I get away with oil changes on my own? I'd rather do my own if possible, but not sure what Ford may ask for documentation-wise if I take it in for a repair and they ask about oil changes. Thanks!
Sponsored

emulous74

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 ZR2 Bison D , '23 Bronco 2DR, MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Legally, you just have to be able to prove that you did the oil changes, save all receipts for the filter and oil and any tools you used, and take a date stamped picture and you should be fine.

Brockdog12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer ST-Line
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Me getting older now, I bought a service plan and plan on using it, Ford is doing all of mine, but my son is almost at an age where I'd trust him to do them, only on the wife and his sisters cars. :D

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have an ESP and have been doing my own maintenance. The FordPass app lets you log DIY maintenance receipts. I also use CarFax online & app to track both of my new cars that are under warranty in the same place as a backup.

OP
OP

Oorko

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend - SAS / Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thats great info, I wasn't aware I could track it with the ford pass app. To be safe I'll also log it extensively with pictures and receipts to make sure I'm covered. Thanks!

Sponsored

ar1

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Another option is to split the difference and let ford do the 10k interval and do DIY the 5k interval for those of you who are also inclined to change the oil more frequently than 10k. That way you can still be perfectly maintenance schedule compliant.

MistaGavin

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 F-150 & '68 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Another option is to split the difference and let ford do the 10k interval and do DIY the 5k interval for those of you who are also inclined to change the oil more frequently than 10k. That way you can still be perfectly maintenance schedule compliant.
This is pretty much what I’m planning on doing. At 8k I’ve changed it twice already but need to take it in for a couple warranty issues and get another oil change before 10k.

blumtn

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'83 Toyota 4x4, '93 FJ80, '01 F250 4x4, '86 FXRS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is pretty much what I’m planning on doing. At 8k I’ve changed it twice already but need to take it in for a couple warranty issues and get another oil change before 10k.
Except I really don't want them changing my oil. I had Ford change the oil in my F250 once and I had a hell of a time getting the filter off, practically destroyed it in the process.

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The FordPass App lets you log any service or maintenance within the App, like oil changes. There is even a feature to let you save photographs of the receipts for oil and filters, etc.
Sponsored