Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

At 5k and every 5k after that. Oil life monitor is at 70% or higher when I do.
Sponsored

Nacho23

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I did mine at 1200, replaced with oem filter, plug, and Mobil 1 ( I didn’t notice any contamination). I don’t plan on going over 5k between changes for two reasons- one I still believe in changing it every 3k (guess I’m getting old). Secondly, when I was getting ready to drive off the lot with it, the service manager cornered me and emphasized not going over 5k between changes and to ignore the oil life gauge.

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I always do the first oil change around 1000 miles, then I go by the oil life monitor. The monitor does take time into account as I’ve seen the percentage drop over 2 weeks with driving.

Brian514

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do we all agree that changing the oil on the Bronco sucks? It’s so hard getting the oil filter off, such a design flaw!

Black Wildtrak Bandit

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
After 1000 miles (break-in), then 3000 miles (get the rest of the crap out), then every 10,000 miles with full synthetic.

Sponsored

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Wow so if I don't use the car for a whole year I still need to get an oil change . Also thanks for not being mean. I appreciate it .
I have had cars that were garage queens that I only took for the occasional drive on the weekend, and I always did at least 2 oil changes per year, regardless of mileage.

I keep with the theme of every 5k or 6 months (so minimum of 2x per year), whichever comes first. Oil does break down over time, not just from usage.. so to me it is good insurance of maintaining overall engine health.

My Bronco first oil change was at 2k, second at around 5k - and then spaced every 5k after that.

jrm5723

Big Bend
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Do we all agree that changing the oil on the Bronco sucks? It’s so hard getting the oil filter off, such a design flaw!
I was just going to ask if the Bronco oil change has any surprises, my Ranger had a few. My Bronco is supposably being shipped by convoy, Blend date was 8-8-23.

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘16 Corvette Z51
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I was just going to ask if the Bronco oil change has any surprises, my Ranger had a few. My Bronco is supposably being shipped by convoy, Blend date was 8-8-23.
The oil filter on the Ranger is annoying, but I just zip tie the front splash guard and it helps a ton.

buschris

Heritage
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
There is Zero need to change the oil at 500, 1000 etc. If anything, change the oil filter.

bravely

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
3490 s leonard rd, new palestine in 46163
Vehicle(s)
1973 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I bought my bronco wildtrak in August 2022. Just had my first oiled change at 2,900 miles . I'm curious though , when did y'all get your first oil change. I could swore my old junker cars used to run double that miles before I got an oild change so what's up with needing an oil change before it hit 3k miles. I rarely use the bronco hence I had it for a year and haven't driven it for than 3k. Note this is my first "new" vehicle since graduating college and always driven old as heck cars 🤧 so don't be mean 😩
I drive 3,000 miles a year. Oil change every spring.

Sponsored

Alfa

Wildtrak
First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

7850. Oil life was at 25%. Was trying to do it before 5k, but life kept getting in the way of me taking it in.

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

There is Zero need to change the oil at 500, 1000 etc. If anything, change the oil filter.
I changed it at 1050 miles..... mostly for peace of mind.
Mine was overfilled at the factory, about a quart (see post #11), so that was more motivation to do it early.
For a supplies cost of $34, it was worthwhile.

NativeTexan

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did my first oil change at 2900 miles. Will do next changes every 5-6k going forward.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

5K for first , every 5k after that.
Mainly because it is easy to track .... look for 5's and 0's on the odometer.

I figure if I get busy and accidently run 6200 miles, it averages out when I still change it at the next 5 or 0 mile reading (thus having only 3800 miles on that oil at next change out).

Last edited:

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do the first at 1000 miles. It is not a gimmick/money grab. You will find metal shards/scraps in that first oil change and you want that out of the engine as soon as possible.
This is when you know a vehicle forum has lost its soul--the rise in oil change threads. ;)

Really, if you find metal shards/scraps and changed it at 100 miles, it is game over. Send your oil to Blackstone and have them check it out. I did mine at 5K and a friend--who can't defend himself against me using that f-word about him--changed his around 1K and Blackstone said both were fine and typical for factory fill. Our sediment and metal numbers were different; some of his higher, some lower.
Sponsored