First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Fastback AND A 2014 Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you are in an emissions state have them test it to see if will pass but it’s no guarantee damage exists
Sponsored

Tv_fixer

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 4Runner TRD, '21 Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The question you might be thinking about is which fluid did they actually drain out??? The transmission fluid?
I did this once... I was in a hurry... doubled the oil, drained the transmission. Didnt check the oil because I knew how much to put in.... Cut our honeymoon really short... felt like a real dumbass.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Why do people keep taking vehicles to dealers for routine services when most times they end up screwing up something so simple?
Some free oil changes were offered as part of my wife's Kia Soul purchase. She got the first of the oil changes prior to our 3000 mile vacation. Fortunately I checked before leaving - because the dealer overfilled by nearly 2 quarts. WTH?! I'd have thought the dealership of all places, would know the correct amount.

Ended up carefully unscrewing the drain plug, whilst still holding it against the pan, and slowly draining out the extra oil. What a pain the evening before our trip. After that incident, I started doing my own oil changes, using quality full synthetic from discount stores.

Sponsored

Samsquantch

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Same here…

It’s like touching a hot stove, do it once and it’ll never happen again 🤣
I did this in my wife's brand new F150, and then we drove all the way to lake havasu from san bernardino before I realized it. Holy cow that was a huge cleanup. Never ever ever happening again 😆

OP
OP
robsafari

robsafari

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
UPDATE:

They paid for the tow 30 minutes away and said oil filter needed to be tightened. Also said the tech just never cleaned up after himself. Conveniently he is now on vacation and I'd say he needs it apparently. Boss will be waiting for him when he gets back is what he told me 😬

Engine compartment was detailed and overall it is a best case scenario considering the circumstances. I will probably not go back but I was trying to use my ford pass rewards points. Better save them for something else. Still have intermittent windshield wiper fluid spray which was a manufacturer issue but of course it's worked both times they tested. I removed the cowling and checked the line a week after I bought it but must be further down.

Thanks for the support,
Bobby bronc

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Is oil pressure taken before or after the filter? Hopefully after and if your oil light never came on, you might be ok.

One thing to note is that oil leaks are a funny thing... A small oil leak can go everywhere.. you'd swear you lost quarts when it was just a little.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hopefully no harm done. Does this appear to be the level? If so, you might have lost maybe 1/4 quart. That doesn't seem like a lot but I can attest that small amount could look like a disaster.

Btw, that oil filter is a pain in the ass to get to. I have long arms and I have trouble reaching it if the tire is not removed. I can see it being a problem for many people.
The 2.3 oil filter is very easy for me to get to. I just reach in from the wheel well with the tire on. I can see depending on tire size and lift it would probably have to be turned in or removed, but it takes less than 5 minutes to remove and replace. And with the drip rail, not one drop of oil is spilt.

RimrockPaul

Base
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
If it were me I would've already drained the oil out of it if I had any indication they overfilled it like you do and taken more pictures and video. Then placed a not so nice call to the dealer when they open. Do not drive it.
I think they didn't drain..just added oil.
Sponsored