ksdon

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Intersting video and interesting choices available. When 2 different administrations identified China as the origination and launch pad for covid, I have once again tried to avoid that country as the source for any product I can.
I will prefer Brazil or most other countries before China.....when it is possible.

OP
OP
Raptor911

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
NO. Not sure if anyone one would sell that small o-ring.

I will update this thread if I locate a seller.

Were you able to find a source for the small o-ring or is it included with the FL2087? Thanks.

vicorjh

Wildtrak
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrack
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Got it. Thanks.

I did order several of the FL2087. Will make some measurements from the alternatives 2062 (which I guess comes with the smaller o-ring) and will look around for a good source. A bit of a guess as to what they are made of at this point.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Raptor911

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
You prob could re-use that small o-ring. I have never removed an oil filter where I found the o-ring to be damaged in any way.

Also, if FL2087 does not come with an small o-ring then what the heck does the GT-350 use?

Got it. Thanks.

I did order several of the FL2087. Will make some measurements from the alternatives 2062 (which I guess comes with the smaller o-ring) and will look around for a good source. A bit of a guess as to what they are made of at this point.

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Measure it and go to an O-Ring chart. They are all standard sizes and all are available in different materials.

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Long ago, there was a U-Tube video….article(?) on various oil filters…all cut apart and analyzed. After that video/document I started using Wix Filters.

For my working career, I have dealt with a lot of heavy industrial equipment, and have noticed a lot of Wix filters. I believe they sell to mostly industrial customers, not consumers or the automotive market.

I want an industrial oil filter in my engine’s oil circuit, not some cheap, “high performance”, BS claims, trick HP oil filter

Made in Brazil…. No Wix air filter available yet…..though the U-Tube air filter test showed Wix to be a front runner.

Disagree and opinions????? Do it!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Raptor911

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I run WIX in all of my vehicles also.

The 2.7 and 3.0 runs a WIX WL-10050 filter

Long ago, there was a U-Tube video….article(?) on various oil filters…all cut apart and analyzed. After that video/document I started using Wix Filters.

For my working career, I have dealt with a lot of heavy industrial equipment, and have noticed a lot of Wix filters. I believe they sell to mostly industrial customers, not consumers or the automotive market.

I want an industrial oil filter in my engine’s oil circuit, not some cheap, “high performance”, BS claims oil filter

Made in Brazil…. No Wix air filter available yet…..though the U-Tube air filter test showed Wix to be a front runner.

Disagree and opinions?????

Last edited:

Sponsored

ksdon

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Is the NAPA Gold FIL 100050 the same Wix filter?

BigRed13

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Super Duty
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So…Walmart for the win!? Made in USA, quality filter, good price. Why not then.

vicorjh

Wildtrak
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrack
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

For reference, the Oil filter housing stem-to-oil reservoir drain port seal (callout 4 below) can be obtained via:

https://www.oemfordpartsdirect.com/oem-parts/ford-filter-element-o-ring-ft4z6840c?c=bT0xJmw9MSZuPVJlY29tbWVuZGVkIFByb2R1Y3RzJms9MQ==

Ford Bronco Video: A close examination of every oil filter for the 2.7 & 3.0 1681468955661

I have not actually found the actual o-ring specifications but I did measure the o-ring that is included with the 2062 Motocraft filter at ~7mm ID x ~3.5mm CS. May also be specified as 14mm OD x 3.5 CS. The material is unknown but FKM (Fluorocarbon Elastomer) or similar might be fine.

That o-ring only need to be replaced if they are old or damaged. They usually come with the Motorcraft kit, or if using a filter that does not include it, o-rings can be obtained either via the Ford link above or through some other non-OEM source. Ebay, et al at lower cost,

Ford Bronco Video: A close examination of every oil filter for the 2.7 & 3.0 1681469288410

As the o-rings seem to be included with the standard Motorcraft 2062, you'd only need to source something similar if you are using the FL-2087 alternative (which appears to be of much higher quality) as the stem o-ring is not included and the old / used o-ring needs replacing.

I've ordered some of the 2087s and also some o-rings to try out.

Also note, some commentators elsewhere suspect the 2087 may be an Amsoil rebrand.

Other thing I was wondering about is the green color. Is that the material color itself or is it some sort of coating? We've seen some photos where the green is flaking off after use.

Last edited:

Bronc69

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, 2022 X3 (wife's), 2015 GTI (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This comparison is really about construction and where they're made.

There's a lot missing from this comparison and they're the most important aspects of filtration.
I was a product manager for a filtration company and helped develop new products for the mobile hydraulics industry (think Genie IC Lift).

The main issue with the comparison is that they do not actually test the filters for performance.
I would love to see DHC (dirt holding capacity) and the number of microns the filters are rated for (if they have a rating) and how well do they actually filter in a test condition.

If a filter media is paper, there is no way to make a statement as to how small it will filter to (micron rating). It will labeled "Nominal."
If a filter media is synthetic, then you're able to make a statement that the filter will be a specific micron rating and it will be labeled "Absolute." You can control the media and how small the openings are. We would use 3 micron absolute for servo valve applications (machine tool) where the spools of the servo valve would cost $20K each and if a larger piece of dirt got through running 5,000 or 6,000 psi it would ruin the spool and have to be replaced. Filtration was extremely important.

Synthetic media has a depth to its dirt holding as well, whereas paper is just on the surface. After a long period of use, the paper element might end up filtering "better" than the synthetic due to a cake that will build up from larger dirt particles. This would be at the expense of an increase in pressure and possibly push the filter into bypass if the pressure gets too high.

Below is the test that I'd like to see:

HotLap

Outer Banks
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor and 2019 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I never knew that the GT350 uses the same filter cartridge as the 2.7 & 3.0.
Quite the story there, the voodoo flat plane crank engine (due to design) has much more vibration than a cross plane crank and the 2016's and early 2017's had the traditional metal oil filters. A few vibrated loose so Ford changed over to the plastic canister type mid-2017 production cycle (I had a late year 2017 GT 350 that came with the updated plastice canister filter set up). For the earlier Voodoo engines, Ford sent customers a wrench to ensure the metal oil filter was tightened properly. That was one bad ass engine, sound of the FP crank at 8K + RPMS was pure heaven...

Apologies OP, went way off the rails there!
Sponsored