Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
the plastic cannister with a replaceable element is actually pretty nice to use. usually it is simply a socket and ratchet or a crescent wrench needed for removal. a new filter element and o ring come with the replacement filter. it is also easy to inspect the elements for metal. no more cutting open the filter can.

i have owned a couple of porsches and my current fiat 124 with this filter system. these things don't get stuck like metal ones, which sometimes deform while trying to remove.
No doubt they will work for a number of years without issue.

The oil filter housing was working perfectly in my '51 before removing the filtration system entirely to go non-filtered to extend the engine life. But that was a solid metal system with zero plastic parts and it survived 71 years.

I suppose since these cars will brick themselves well before they hit 30 years old, it doesn't matter much.

PS: the filter should have to be deformed to remove, the canister is designed to be a removable component of the oil filter.
Sponsored

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, Fiat 124 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No doubt they will work for a number of years without issue.

The oil filter housing was working perfectly in my '51 before removing the filtration system entirely to go non-filtered to extend the engine life. But that was a solid metal system with zero plastic parts and it survived 71 years.

I suppose since these cars will brick themselves well before they hit 30 years old, it doesn't matter much.

PS: the filter should have to be deformed to remove, the canister is designed to be a removable component of the oil filter.
the cartridges should last as long as anything else if not longer. all the water cooled porsches have been using the same systems for 25 years now and i have never heard of a failure. with the hex fitting on the end it is simple to remove and replace. the O ring seals well and you will only need to hand tighten it due to the deep seal engagement. i wonder what the oil change intervals will be?

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
i wonder what the oil change intervals will be?
NORMAL SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE

Intelligent Oil-Life Monitor™

Your vehicle has an Intelligent Oil-Life Monitor that determines when you should change the engine oil based on how you use your vehicle. By using several important factors in its calculations, the monitor helps reduce the cost of owning your vehicle and reduces environmental waste at the same time.

This means you do not have to remember to change the oil on a mileage-based schedule. Your vehicle lets you know when an oil change is due by displaying a message in the information display. The following table provides examples of vehicle use and its impact on oil change intervals. It is a guideline only. Actual oil change intervals depend on several factors and generally decrease with severity of use.

When to Expect the OIL CHANGE REQUIRED Message

Interval Vehicle Use and Example

7,500–10,000 mi Normal : Normal commuting with highway driving; Flat to moderately hilly roads; No extended idling

5,000–7,500 mi Severe : Mountainous or off-road conditions; Extended idling; Extended hot/cold operation

3,000–5,000 mi Extreme : Extreme hot or cold operation Extended engine idling

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Slightly off topic, but I was hoping they were going to put an engine cover... Guess not. Won't effect the performance, but would have looked Cleaner.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

don’t worry. It is the easiest filter to remove. If you want to worry then worry about the plastic drain plug and what happens when you remove it.

here’s the video for the 2.7 on the f150

Interesting in that picture they have a cover that hides a bunch of that junk, Wonder why they didn't do it for the Bronco?

I know under that cover there's just a bunch of hoses but it actually looks like there's an engine in there.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
when manufactures started using engine covers about 15 years ago, everyone was like why because they were not use to it. And now after 15 years, if you don't see one then you ask why did they not use an engine cover.

BTW ... there is a engine cover on the f150. I know some raptor guys remove them as the cover traps heat right above the engine.

Interesting in that picture they have a cover that hides a bunch of that junk, Wonder why they didn't do it for the Bronco?

I know under that cover there's just a bunch of hoses but it actually looks like there's an engine in there.
Sponsored