Sponsored

Best oil brand to use for the 2.7 liter?

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Something to consider. Our 2.7s have a wet belt. Make sure whatever you use is compliant in that regard.

I've just been bringing mine to Ford for now for the "paper trail" initially.
Sponsored

CarGuy

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I just made the switch to Pennzoil Ultra Platinum.

Callelk

Heritage
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escalade ESV, Cherokee 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Castrol R40 bean oil, has kept my BSA 441 MX going for 60 years...doubles as an aftershave if I run out of Hoppe's #9.

Sponsored

GoHack

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Full Synthetic oil is your best bet when it comes to having turbo chargers, which all the Ford Bronco engines have, due to the temperatures they run at, and RPM's they spin at.

As for what is the best oil to use, everyone is going to have their own opinion there. Certainly, at the very least, use Ford's Motorcraft Full Synthetic, at a minimum. Pennzoil Ultra Platinum is supposed to be good. I use Amsoil myself.

Finally, as for oil filters, use the standard OEM Motorcrafts at the very least, but from there you have Wix, which includes NAPA Gold and Platinum, which is made by them, which is one of the best brands out there. Mobil 1's are said to be good as well. Just stay away from Fram. Some swear by them, but all you need to do is see the filter element inside, which is glued together w/cardboard ends, and which are known to disintegrate. I use the NAPA Platinum myself.

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My favorite is any brand that meets the required oil spec WSS-M2C961-A1.
Also, I want to add that you should consider only motor oil that is API (American Petroleum Institute) certified.

I never gave this a second thought until I worked for a company that sold API certified products. An API certification is about Quality Control. An API audit of your QC lab for a certain product, puckers the butts of the higher up managers involved. The audits are incredibly thorough, checking documentation of testing procedures and test equipment certification documentation. Better have your shit together, or you’ll lose your certification…

If you’re buying an API certified (stamped) product, you can rest assured that it meets the certifications listed.

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Olive
Sponsored