Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR OBX Cactus Gray Lux
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

About to view Broncos and take photos at colonial Ford CT at 1500 15 May EST. Requests?
Sponsored

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Photo of the door jam with the transmission code please.

If the vehicle is running (on) and you have access to the display screen, please pull up the owners manual to the transmission page indicating what the transmission codes represent.

Example (Page 394 of the 2020 Ford Explorer) of the information sought:
Ford Bronco Photo requests? 1621100617869

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If possible more detailed pics of the topside of the roll bars and the way the hard top panels mount to them. Also wouldnt mind pics of the rear interior of the soft top. With a focus on complexity. Only other thoughts would be under the dash and down the sides of the engines.

If can no worries enjoy seeing them, it will be a long long time before I do.

OP
OP
MathRanger

MathRanger

Outer Banks
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So......
Went to the event yesterday. My picture taking skills are clearly lame with my iphone.
  • Broncos weren't on and didn't seem possible to get them started without a major hassle. In retrospect I should have just insisted. Thus, no images from the owners manual.
  • Engine is absolutely crammed into the bay, would be very difficult without a specific camera to get pictures down the sides.
  • Neither one had a hard top, both were soft top.
  • Bronco guy repeatedly confirmed that these were 'pre-production models,' and that there would be a number of things that might be different in the production models.
  • I did see that in fact the 4 cylinder engine was built in Cleveland, and the 6 cylinder in Lima.
  • SO.... Here are pictures of:
    • The door jamb panel sticker: shows a transmission code of "Q"
    • Pictures of the soft top attachment 'complexity' is a good word for it.
    • Also notice that although this Bronco had a soft top, it was equipped with the power and wiper fluid lines which in the picture you can see are attached to their stowage spots.
  • Edit - I'm 6'4" and 230 lbs. I felt like I had the legroom and definitely the headroom that I needed. In fact I felt I had the same legroom as my current ML430, and more headroom.
    Ford Bronco Photo requests? IMG_0604

Ford Bronco Photo requests? IMG_0580

Ford Bronco Photo requests? IMG_0587

Ford Bronco Photo requests? IMG_0608

Ford Bronco Photo requests? IMG_0609

Ford Bronco Photo requests? IMG_0613

Ford Bronco Photo requests? IMG_0615

Ford Bronco Photo requests? IMG_0617

Ford Bronco Photo requests? IMG_0629

Last edited:

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
About to view Broncos and take photos at colonial Ford CT at 1500 15 May EST. Requests?
I know it is over, but did you get any exterior shots of the entire vehicle(s)? I wanna see those soft tops in action.

Sponsored
OP
OP
MathRanger

MathRanger

Outer Banks
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I know it is over, but did you get any exterior shots of the entire vehicle(s)? I wanna see those soft tops in action.
Sorry I didn't

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So......
Went to the event yesterday. My picture taking skills are clearly lame with my iphone.
  • Broncos weren't on and didn't seem possible to get them started without a major hassle. In retrospect I should have just insisted. Thus, no images from the owners manual.
  • Engine is absolutely crammed into the bay, would be very difficult without a specific camera to get pictures down the sides.
  • Bronco guy repeatedly confirmed that these were 'pre-production models,' and that there would be a number of things that might be different in the production models.
  • I did see that in fact the 4 cylinder engine was built in Cleveland, and the 6 cylinder in Lima.
    • Also notice that although this Bronco had a soft top, it was equipped with the power and wiper fluid lines which in the picture you can see are attached to their stowage spots.
  • Edit - I'm 6'4" and 230 lbs. I felt like I had the legroom and definitely the headroom that I needed. In fact I felt I had the same legroom as my current ML430, and more headroom.
    IMG_0604.jpg

IMG_0580.jpg

IMG_0587.jpg

IMG_0608.jpg

IMG_0609.jpg

IMG_0613.jpg

IMG_0615.jpg

IMG_0617.jpg

IMG_0629.jpg
So do we suppose those removable plastic panels below the soft top mechanism are accessible on the hard tops for a 'stash'....of tools etc.

Last edited:

wbrainbow

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 C-10, 2022 Black Diamond, 2007 Harley Davidso
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So......

The equipment label picture has a transmission code Q. According to a web search:
The Ford transmission Q means it is A4-speed automatic, 4R75E Electronically Controlled 4-speed Wide-ratio Automatic Overdrive.
What???? Something strange here.

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The equipment label picture has a transmission code Q. According to a web search:
The Ford transmission Q means it is A4-speed automatic, 4R75E Electronically Controlled 4-speed Wide-ratio Automatic Overdrive.
What???? Something strange here.
I believe the Q denotes a manual transmission. This was discussed in another thread.