Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BD 4DR 7MT Soft
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just took delivery yesterday and had some observations on the manual that I hadn't seen before on the forum. I drove a manual Tacoma for 11 years, but that was 10 years ago. That was only 5 speed + reverse so no collar to unlock reverse. It might just be hazy recollection but I remember the stick on the Tacoma feeling a little more crisp, but maybe I just knew it better on day 4,000 than the Bronco after day 1. Clutch feel on the Bronco is much, much better. Much smoother engagement.

There is no analog tachometer, it's a vertical bar in the middle of the dash display. Took a little getting used to. But looking at the tachometer is something you only do for a few days until you get a feel for the car.

As I drove home from the dealership missing shifts I thought it'd be nice to know which gear I was in. Today driving around I was in less information overload my rowing muscle memory is coming back. I noticed that the dash does in fact tell you what gear you're in (top left corner of tachometer):
Ford Bronco Neat thing: Manual Gear Indicator + other 7MT thoughts 1628174710752
Ford Bronco Neat thing: Manual Gear Indicator + other 7MT thoughts 1628174745059
Sponsored

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cool, thanks for pointing that out.

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yea funky tach but I agree with you once you get a hang of your vehicle you don't need it much. I don't look at the tach much on my Fusion when I'm shifting unless I have the music blasting. Showing the gear is a nice touch. Is there any indicator light to tell you when to shift (for optimal fuel economy)?

Rambler

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜04 Silverado, ā€˜97 Wrangler, ā€˜65 Norton
Your Bronco Model
Base
Congratulations on your Bronco! I think Iā€™m gonna miss the analog tachometer, the most important gauge imo.

Sponsored

TommyBronco

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh I see you are getting 18 mpg for the 4-door. That sounds good to me!

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does the 0 near the seatbelt indicator tell you how many seatbelts are unbuckled? Is it for all seats? Does it tell you which seats specifically are unbuckled or just a number?

OP
OP
Gangstead

Gangstead

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BD 4DR 7MT Soft
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Does the 0 near the seatbelt indicator tell you how many seatbelts are unbuckled? Is it for all seats? Does it tell you which seats specifically are unbuckled or just a number?
I just went and checked. It tells you the total. number of seat belts that are buckled (I was unbuckled in the original shot). That icon doesn't indicate which ones. But a big warning message that covers most of the display comes up telling you which belt is unbuckled. It must have weight sensors so it doesn't tell you to buckle an empty seat.

OP
OP
Gangstead

Gangstead

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BD 4DR 7MT Soft
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Oh I see you are getting 18 mpg for the 4-door. That sounds good to me!
Not very scientific but that's after 70 miles of highway driving back from the dealer, about 30 with the top and windows down. It was as high as 18.5 until I started taking my friend on a slow ride around the neighborhood.

Sponsored

MacMarauder

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Give me an analog speedometer and tachometer over fancy electric screen any day. Also I want my tach on the leftā€¦
I actually prefer analog tach and digital speedometer like my old CBR. Digital speedometer is better IMO because its a quicker glance down to check your speed. Ford going with the opposite is a bit of a head scratcher.

TommyBronco

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I actually prefer analog tach and digital speedometer like my old CBR. Digital speedometer is better IMO because its a quicker glance down to check your speed. Ford going with the opposite is a bit of a head scratcher.
Maybe one of the aftermarket guys will have a way to convert the speedometer into a tachometerā€¦

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

They should make the speedo digital and have the analog be a tach in all 7MT versions / or just program another dash UI to be a digital ā€œanalog tachā€

Nice catch on the gear indicator - didnā€™t notice that on my test drive.

Reactions: RG7

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You need to update your AVI to show a Manual...... :geek: Congrats!!
Sponsored