Sponsored

Borrowed 2DR Outer Banks MIC for 24 hours. Any questions?

OP
OP
one800higgins

one800higgins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Freyer

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Base CG 2dr manual & '22 Miata Club
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm not sure I'm a fan of those roof rails...may have to rethink that on my 2dr.

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dealer let me borrow this thing for 24 hours! Anything you guys want to know / see?

63DD7DD8-E804-4F58-88B4-60E27BB3986D.jpeg

Only been poking around for the last 15 minutes and already even more excited for my 4DR Badlands to eventually be built. I’m not allowed to take the door / roof off, sadly. Apparently someone who borrowed it before me damaged one of the doors doing so, so they nixed that pretty quick.
What’s the rear ac like?

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have big dogs. Literally the first thing I did when I got home was see how difficult it would be to remove seats. I will probably try that in the morning. Looks like it’s just 4 bolts.

That said, I was pleasantly surprised at how flat the back folds down to. If this is how much room the 2DR has, my dogs will be ecstatic in the 4DR.

77990FD2-DF7E-406C-8DF6-85F79DE2E4D6.jpeg
That picture answered my question. Thanks!!!

OP
OP
one800higgins

one800higgins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not sure I'm a fan of those roof rails...may have to rethink that on my 2dr.
They are more plastic looking than I expected. That said, they match the MIC roof. I was planning to order them for my 4-door from the dealer (since the build tool doesn't let you order them on a 4-door badlands), but now I'm second guessing.

Sponsored
OP
OP
one800higgins

one800higgins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah, me too. If when I get pushed to a '22 will probably drop them...

Freyer

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Base CG 2dr manual & '22 Miata Club
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Higgins -

How do the rails attached at the rear...are they somehow separate of the roof that they stay if the entire roof is removed?

I think aftermarket would come up with a more pleasing appearance.

Reactions: sjp
OP
OP
one800higgins

one800higgins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What’s the rear ac like?
Completely non-existent on this 2DR. I wonder if the 4DR will have some extra vents somewhere.

Higgins -

How do the rails attached at the rear...are they somehow separate of the roof that they stay if the entire roof is removed?

I think aftermarket would come up with a more pleasing appearance.
Definitely requires the hard top.

Ford Bronco Borrowed 2DR Outer Banks MIC for 24 hours.  Any questions? IMG_6228 copy

Ford Bronco Borrowed 2DR Outer Banks MIC for 24 hours.  Any questions? IMG_6229 copy
Ford Bronco Borrowed 2DR Outer Banks MIC for 24 hours.  Any questions? IMG_6230 copy

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks for this - nice to see a 2-door so I can, you know, "stay pumped."

I've been rethinking the roof rails too, so I appreciate your photos and notes on that. In 40 years of owning 6 vehicles - most with a roof rack - I've never actually used one. Plus, I'm thinking how much easier it will be to get the hard top panels off without the rack up there, and if I add a soft top later (full or half), how I won't have to deal with removing and storing the rack. I would basically be buying it for aesthetics - it makes the 2-door look even taller. Is it worth it? I don't know. May put that money toward tires or a paint job instead.

Sponsored

old goat

Big Bend
First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
could you picture the roast leather interior and dash please !! and what size 2.3 or 2.7 ?

OP
OP
one800higgins

one800higgins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for this - nice to see a 2-door so I can, you know, "stay pumped."

I've been rethinking the roof rails too, so I appreciate your photos and notes on that. In 40 years of owning 6 vehicles - most with a roof rack - I've never actually used one. Plus, I'm thinking how much easier it will be to get the hard top panels off without the rack up there, and if I add a soft top later (full or half), how I won't have to deal with removing and storing the rack. I would basically be buying it for aesthetics - it makes the 2-door look even taller. Is it worth it? I don't know. May put that money toward tires or a paint job instead.
I don't think they look right on the 2DR, but that's just me. I like them more on the 4DR.

I've always loved having a roof rack, but I'm coming from hatchbacks and such. It really depends what you're hauling though. I prefer hitch racks for bikes (and even have a hitch on my GTI so I can haul bikes and tow a motorcycle trailer), but like snowboards or kayaks clearly gotta go on top. If you're into those things.

How about with the seats in the upright position?
Less likely. The cross beam and especially the seatbelt removes a good bit of space from the rear storage. You're getting like 50" at best at an angle.

Ford Bronco Borrowed 2DR Outer Banks MIC for 24 hours.  Any questions? IMG_6231 copy

could you picture the roast leather interior and dash please !! and what size 2.3 or 2.7 ?
This one is a 2.3.

Ford Bronco Borrowed 2DR Outer Banks MIC for 24 hours.  Any questions? IMG_6232 copy

Ford Bronco Borrowed 2DR Outer Banks MIC for 24 hours.  Any questions? IMG_6233 copy
Ford Bronco Borrowed 2DR Outer Banks MIC for 24 hours.  Any questions? IMG_6236 copy
Ford Bronco Borrowed 2DR Outer Banks MIC for 24 hours.  Any questions? IMG_6237 copy

old goat

Big Bend
First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I don't think they look right on the 2DR, but that's just me. I like them more on the 4DR.

I've always loved having a roof rack, but I'm coming from hatchbacks and such. It really depends what you're hauling though. I prefer hitch racks for bikes (and even have a hitch on my GTI so I can haul bikes and tow a motorcycle trailer), but like snowboards or kayaks clearly gotta go on top. If you're into those things.

Less likely. The cross beam and especially the seatbelt removes a good bit of space from the rear storage. You're getting like 50" at best at an angle.

IMG_6231 copy.jpg

This one is a 2.3.

IMG_6232 copy.jpg

IMG_6233 copy.jpg
IMG_6236 copy.jpg
IMG_6237 copy.jpg
perfect THANK YOU!!!!
WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE 2.3 ???

OP
OP
one800higgins

one800higgins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The 2.3 feels perfectly capable for this vehicle. If I wasn’t planning on towing stuff, I probably would stick with it. It feels very similar to the Wrangler 4 cylinder turbos if you’ve driven one of those before.
Sponsored