First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Does anyone know where sensor is located that turns off fog lights unless inclement weather? I already used Forscan to change so fogs can be on with high beams but I want them to stay on in normal daylight with headlights on too. Seems like engineers decided you can’t run fogs in daylight. I’d be willing to put black tape over sensor if I can figure out where it is - and if that would mess up anything else.
Sponsored

DebbieEF

Black Diamond
First Name
Debbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang and F250 SD truck
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Following . . .

OrangecrushBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Does anyone know where sensor is located that turns off fog lights unless inclement weather? I already used Forscan to change so fogs can be on with high beams but I want them to stay on in normal daylight with headlights on too. Seems like engineers decided you can’t run fogs in daylight. I’d be willing to put black tape over sensor if I can figure out where it is - and if that would mess up anything else.
😕 the OBX has a button by the headlight switch. They will turn off with headlights off but with headlights on and the fog light button pressed in they will be on even in the daylight. Also you don't want brights on in the fog, it actually reduces sight.

OP
OP

Hhzimm

Black Diamond
First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Wow, THANKS!! You helped me at a couple of important levels. While testing your recommendation in my Black Diamond, I discovered the Bronco resets headlight switch to 'Auto lights' each time you start the car and that only turns lights on in inclement weather, so they come on in the garage but then probably go off in daylight. I didn't realize that. Thought I was driving in daylight with headlights on which is a major safety feature here in Southwest Florida with bright sun and combination of old people and young maniacs on the roads -- so the more lights the better to be seen -- which is why I was trying to get the fog lights to stay on during daylight. They do stay on if I switch them on after starting the car even in daylight as you said. for same reason I don't want to use DRL. I'll have to do some more research to see if there is a way to have headlights and fog lights come on when starting the car instead of defaulting to Auto lights and manually turning lights on for each trip. Wonder if Forscan can fix it? Thanks again for helpful response. hz

OrangecrushBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Wow, THANKS!! You helped me at a couple of important levels. While testing your recommendation in my Black Diamond, I discovered the Bronco resets headlight switch to 'Auto lights' each time you start the car and that only turns lights on in inclement weather, so they come on in the garage but then probably go off in daylight. I didn't realize that. Thought I was driving in daylight with headlights on which is a major safety feature here in Southwest Florida with bright sun and combination of old people and young maniacs on the roads -- so the more lights the better to be seen -- which is why I was trying to get the fog lights to stay on during daylight. They do stay on if I switch them on after starting the car even in daylight as you said. for same reason I don't want to use DRL. I'll have to do some more research to see if there is a way to have headlights and fog lights come on when starting the car instead of defaulting to Auto lights and manually turning lights on for each trip. Wonder if Forscan can fix it? Thanks again for helpful response. hz
No promises but worth a try: I've noticed turning the truck on does not save my previous settings such as heated seats, stering wheel heat, defroster,rear defroster ect ect BUT when I use remote start these items resume as I previously had them. Sadly this does not work on the dumb ass auto start/stop which I have to turn off each time I restart the vehicle. It may resume the light settings. Actually as I'm typing this I think it does because I'm pretty sure it has turned my fogs on that don't stay on w/o the headlights. In any effect if not the forscan may work I know it can override the auto start/stop and the double honk. Hope this helps.

Sponsored

OrangecrushBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No promises but worth a try: I've noticed turning the truck on does not save my previous settings such as heated seats, stering wheel heat, defroster,rear defroster ect ect BUT when I use remote start these items resume as I previously had them. Sadly this does not work on the dumb ass auto start/stop which I have to turn off each time I restart the vehicle. It may resume the light settings. Actually as I'm typing this I think it does because I'm pretty sure it has turned my fogs on that don't stay on w/o the headlights. In any effect if not the forscan may work I know it can override the auto start/stop and the double honk. Hope this helps.
PS I haven't driven alot of Florida but I have driven in Orlando and Daytona Beach and you are not kidding about Florida drivers. Lol if you're not accelerating a second and a half BEFORE a light turns green they're already honking to get moving.

Bkbk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta
Your Bronco Model
Base
I enabled fog lights on with DRLs in forscan and there is no symbol showing they are on like when on with the headlights. In this setup the fogs and DRLs are off unless the car is in gear so I didn't even know I did it right until I pulled up behind a shiny truck at a stoplight and could see all 4 lights reflecting. I'm not sure there is a benefit of running low beams vs DRL during the day so this could be the solution you're looking for. I did all these changes in the plain english side of forscan but the addresses are below.

BdyCM
726-38-02
00xxxxxxxx--DRL With Fog: 00=Enable 01=Disable
BdyCM
726-39-01
01xxxxxxxx--Fog Light Usage: 00=Fog Cornering 01=Fog DRL 02=Fog DRL Cornering 03=Fog Only
BdyCM726-42-01xxxx0202xx--Fog Lamp Ckt Usage(LFRF - Left Front/Right Front): 00=Not Used 01=Fog Cornering 02=Fog DRL 03=Fog DRL Cornering 04=Fog Only 05=Power Supply

Otherwise there is the option to disable auto-headlights, that might let you keep manual control of low beams without resetting every time you restart, but I haven't messed with this setting.

BdyCM726-74-01xx01xxxxxx--HeadlampPosAtIgnOn_Cfg: 00=Auto 01=Last Known

OP
OP

Hhzimm

Black Diamond
First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Awesome! That looks really promising if it will remember settings at restart.

Also wanted to tell you something I learned with website talking about using Forscan to turn off Auto stop/start. It said that change to Forscan tricks the car into thinking the front wheels are turned to one side which could screw up some other computer safety features. Recommendation was to buy $100 connector adapter that remembers settings next time you start the car and can also operate in OEM mode if you prefer with click of the button. Bought that and it works great. Let me know if you need more specifics but should be easy to find on internet.

OBTW, this may be duplicate of prior note but when I got back to the computer first part of my response was still sitting here so sending again in case it didn't come through. hz

OP
OP

Hhzimm

Black Diamond
First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
OK so I tried the headlamp change so it would go to ‘last known’ instead of ‘auto’ headlamp setting on restart rather than back to default auto which turns lights on automatically on restart but only in inclemate conditions. Which also turns off auto headlights in daylight. Result worked partway — so on restart lights stayed on same as when shut down BUT they also stayed on after engine shut down even stayed on when delay timer was set to zero. Could not figure out why. Reset module to default to auto so I only need to worry about manually changing headlights to On at restart rather than remembering to turn headlights off manually every time I park the Bronco. Quite a disappointment but fun test so thanks for link to that setting. Hope this helps others.
Sponsored