Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 VB WT, 22&23 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

This is on the Ford Bronco Raptor Owners page on Facebook. The guy works for Ford. If your on FB you can check out the entire post.

8D28DE17-3379-4E53-83FE-49BEFE159BF3.jpeg
Those 37s weigh more than you would expect.
Sponsored

najay

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
boss 302, focus st, gen1 lightning, f250 7.3l 4wd
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

So the schedule slips have me wondering what they are finding inspecting the ones that have been produced, and therefore is it just they haven’t produced enough or is there something quality-wise holding the ok up?
I believe on one of the B-Raptor reveal review videos they showed the hood catching the cowl and the rear window catching the swing door. Maybe it is related?

T Copp

Raptor
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Mercedes GLB
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I believe on one of the B-Raptor reveal review videos they showed the hood catching the cowl and the rear window catching the swing door. Maybe it is related?
Perfect.

najay

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
boss 302, focus st, gen1 lightning, f250 7.3l 4wd
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I remember seeing it a couple of weeks ago, but can't find it now. TBH, It may have been a regular bronco review that highlighted the issues, but it would still be issue (maybe worse with the custom hood and modified tailgate).

Crazycactus

Raptor
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 F250, 1993 Bronco XLT, 2013 F-150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I just noticed that my Raptor window sticker has 4 and 5 stars for frontal crash ratings, and 3 stars for rollover. I have not seen any frontal crash ratings on the regular Broncos. My 2 door Badlands Sasquatch only has the 3 stars for rollover, and no other crash rating.
I doubt that they are being held for crash ratings. My Raptor was built 8/5 and sitting with the rest of them.

Sponsored

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, Hummer H3, Harley Sportster
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thought they’re not releasing because they’re waiting for OKTB?

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Thought they’re not releasing because they’re waiting for OKTB?
No one really knows.

Someone talked to someone who knows someone from Ford and we are waiting for OKTB which will come soon.

Some other person who theoretically is known to work for Ford posts on facebook about hood and swing gate problems.

Real official information is not communicated as usual.

T Copp

Raptor
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Mercedes GLB
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

No one really knows.

Someone talked to someone who knows someone from Ford and we are waiting for OKTB which will come soon.

Some other person who theoretically is known to work for Ford posts on facebook about hood and swing gate problems.

Real official information is not communicated as usual.
Yeah, my source was the official Bronco instagram page basically saying they're waiting for the OKTB.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Yeah, my source was the official Bronco instagram page basically saying they're waiting for the OKTB.
I forgot about yours. So there. Hopefully soon is sooner than later.

bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
My source was a regional manager and said the same thing.

Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, @flip did say the swing gate exoskeleton is surprisingly flimsy but you’d think they would have caught that in development. Maybe this is more like threads are getting stripped / not aligning or paint is getting damaged during assembly?

(Something isn’t happening right in production…)

I guess we know two areas to inspect closely when they finally get delivered.
I finally got a set of the rear gate hinges along with the "reinforcement". I plan to put this on my BL when it comes in but I'm only going to be running 35s. The gate shell , according to my parts catalogue, is the same for all broncos which I thought was odd considering the "reinforcement", IMO is useless. The hinges are about twice as heavy as standard but if the sheet metal isn't beefed up around the straps, is going to be where a failure occurs. I don't know if that's the problem or not but was concerned when I noticed everything was beefed up but where the strap bolts to the door.

Bdockins

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I finally got a set of the rear gate hinges along with the "reinforcement". I plan to put this on my BL when it comes in but I'm only going to be running 35s. The gate shell , according to my parts catalogue, is the same for all broncos which I thought was odd considering the "reinforcement", IMO is useless. The hinges are about twice as heavy as standard but if the sheet metal isn't beefed up around the straps, is going to be where a failure occurs. I don't know if that's the problem or not but was concerned when I noticed everything was beefed up but where the strap bolts to the door.
Cool.

Part numbers?