First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco/Chevy Traverse
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Hey guys! Here we go! My Raptor came in and dealer is stating it does not qualify for Price Protection even though it certainly does as it is within the 2023 model here. Same old story. Can I call Ford and if so a number or how do I go about getting what is rightful mine? Thank you. Uggghhhh.
For the price protection, you need to have a signed DORA that your dealership submitted on your behalf. Did you get an email and position with Ford.com? A lot of dealerships were taking customer orders and just submitting them as stock when they got an allocation.

*Edit

It's not the same price protection other vehicles get. It's a rebate that gets cut to the dealer after the vehicle is confirmed sold to the original customer.

*Edit 2
Your dealership works with an individual with the title of "Sales Performance Zone Manager". He/she will work directly for Ford. They need to send him the DORA to confirm rebate eligibility. If they can't give you his name, then I would suspect something fishy is going on. The check is cut to the dealership, meaning they can tell you no PP and sell it to you at MSRP and pocket the entire rebate and you will never know.
Sponsored

Last edited:

RAR13

Raptor
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco/Chevy Traverse
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The dealership and salesman have been super nice and said they submitted my paperwork to the Ford Rep to see what can be done.

If I am able to get the Price Protection would it be automatic at the time I take delivery or would I have to pay in full and wait X amount of time for the dealer to get the check from Ford and than give to me ?

Thank you all!
Depends on the dealership. They will pay for the vehicle based on the scheduling date, which is annotated on the bottom of the window sticker. If they honor the rebate upfront, it means they might lose money up front as the cost might be below the invoice. Some dealerships are willing to accept this, others are not. Mine will not. They will mail me a check as soon as they get it.

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The key point isn't being addressed here. Do you have a signed order agreement with your dealer and at what price? If this agreement is not for a MY '23 vehicle, you probably don't have a leg to stand on.

Don't bother with FMC, it's 100% between you and your dealer. They are legally obligated to adhere to a contract between you and them, obviously signed in writting is way better than verbal... They are not legally obligated to pass rebates from FMC on to you (which is essentially what in MY price protection is).

Unfortunately, the vehicle isn't even close to being "yours", despite how it may seem or feel.

If you've got your ducks in a row with a written contract, with price and signed and they won't budge, I'd escalate to the GM and if they still won't budge, get an attorney. A good one will draft a very forceful letter for a reasonable cost.

Best of luck.

JTM

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Built on the 22nd the tracker says and tomorrow will be two weeks and no shipment or update. It was actually blended on the 16th.

Sponsored

APEX REX

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Braptor and 21 2D Base 2.7 SAS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Braptor just got to the dealer! My sales rep just advised me that it just came in. Expected delivery was supposed to be late December, but Christmas came early.
Awesome and congrats!! I hope mine hits the dealership soon.

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Braptor just got to the dealer! My sales rep just advised me that it just came in. Expected delivery was supposed to be late December, but Christmas came early.
Congrats, lucky dog! Pic!

Breptar

Raptor
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Ordered 10/24/22, Blend date 11/16/23, Delivered to dealership 12/11/23.

Now to have it transported from MI to FL. Super stoked!

Ford Bronco ⏳ Bronco Raptor now being scheduled for production & VIN assigned yes
Ford Bronco ⏳ Bronco Raptor now being scheduled for production & VIN assigned yes
:)

Congrats, I’m on my way to sign for mine now. Transport scheduled for tomorrow and arriving to me on Saturday. Hopefully no hiccups. Black has to be the best color on these braptors, but I am biased lol.

Sponsored

350vudu

Raptor
First Name
350vudu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2019 Ducati V4S Corse
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Congrats, I’m on my way to sign for mine now. Transport scheduled for tomorrow and arriving to me on Saturday. Hopefully no hiccups. Black has to be the best color on these braptors, but I am biased lol.
Black is without a doubt the best. I’m biased as well. ;)

Ford Bronco ⏳ Bronco Raptor now being scheduled for production & VIN assigned DSC_0147

Ford Bronco ⏳ Bronco Raptor now being scheduled for production & VIN assigned IMG_0596

Ford Bronco ⏳ Bronco Raptor now being scheduled for production & VIN assigned IMG_0570
Ford Bronco ⏳ Bronco Raptor now being scheduled for production & VIN assigned IMG_0562

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The braptor is officially on her way home. Signed everything this morning and transport was ready to roll.
Congrats bud. What a rollercoaster eh?

Did you get to drive at least a bit?

Breptar

Raptor
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Congrats bud. What a rollercoaster eh?

Did you get to drive at least a bit?

I didn’t. I gave it a walk around before signing to make sure it was okay and just turned it on. The transport company was ready since yesterday afternoon and was waiting on me. I told the dealer not to wash it, it was gloomy and not worth it. Once it gets to LA, I’ll have my mobile detailer come wash it.

APEX REX

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Braptor and 21 2D Base 2.7 SAS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The braptor is officially on her way home. Signed everything this morning and transport was ready to roll.

Ford Bronco ⏳ Bronco Raptor now being scheduled for production & VIN assigned IMG_3406
That's awesome and pisses me off at the same time. I went with Bring a Trailer for shipping as I used them before and they were great compared to my prior auto shipping experiences. I opted for enclosed for my Braptor and they called yesterday and said they can't find any enclosed shippers cause it's too big and has to go open transport only.
Sponsored