Threads
Reaction score
Website
hpbuilt.shop
Vehicle(s)
Gen2 Raptor Midtravel / TowRunner F250
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
In preparation for tomorrows crawl session, we wanted to address a few crucial areas of the bronco and give them some needed attention.

đź“šalertđź“š

Phase 1
-underbody protection
-steering weak points
-Manual sway bar disconnect

Unless you check the right boxes, all ford gives us to protect our vulnerable oil pan, transmission, and transfer case, is a janky plastic splash guard! To do bronco things I need something that will protect against rocks, roots, and those random “what the f**k was that!?” moments.

After much forum debate and back and forth, I decided on replacing both the inner and outer tie rod with RPGs HD 30mm thick billet aluminum(stock inner is roughly 15mm). These use the same high performance heim pivots as my mid travel raptor. Since I’m using the rpg perch collars, my shocks compressed and extended length remain 100% factory and don’t require the extra misalignment angle(range of motion) of a factory style ball joint. If you’re already jumping to the comments section to fire off a Christmas story “your gonna shoot your rack out” quip, sorry to burst your bubble… My man Tyler Mason of bronc buster designed this really nifty rack reinforcement, dubbed the “bronc bushing”. This bushing has been specially designed to ensure the rack can handle the extra forces of a lifted rock crawling bronco that has eliminated the weak inner tie rod. Whats even better than his product was the instant service I received from him when I had an install question. How often can you communicate directly with the designer of a product when you need help!?

Last on the list (for now!) was the sway bar disconnect. Unless you have a badlands or a first edition, you have a static sway bar that limits travel and crawl ability. You all have seen the demonstrations of how the front tires droop to the rock surface, gaining traction instantly. For tomorrow’s trail crawl I wanted to deneuter my wildtrack’s travel numbers and be able to takle the same lines as my badlands/fe bruthers with ease. Concerned with how it would lean in the city, I simply disconnected the lca sway link and moved the sway bar out of the way.

Will report back tomorrow!
#hammerbuilt
Ford Bronco đź’Ł BOMB PROOFING THE BRONCOđź’Ł B8B67A36-A261-4C11-AFC3-5262275EB9A2
Ford Bronco đź’Ł BOMB PROOFING THE BRONCOđź’Ł 70D29864-B352-42C9-BF85-71FC0C7B6DF2

Sponsored

OP
OP
DoYouBronco

DoYouBronco

Wildtrak
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website