First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
That doesn't sound good. And if they mean they are going to agree with other dealers on pricing it is illegal. Not that there is much you can do about it from a practical standpoint.
It's unfortunate that I'm starting to be done with Ford all together. Ford Motor Company already said they won't step in. I'm a pretty logical/reasonable person so If I'm about to write off Ford for life it says a lot.
Sponsored

CO-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
CO-Bronco
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 - 4dr - Cyber Orange - Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure I would consider losing a months worth of Bronco allocation a slap on the wrist.
Not only is this a punishing for the Dealer, but also for reservation holders with that dealer isn't it? Or is the loss of allocation only for Dealer Stock (once that eventually happens)?

bronco2drga

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not only is this a punishing for the Dealer, but also for reservation holders with that dealer isn't it? Or is the loss of allocation only for Dealer Stock (once that eventually happens)?
If they just keep stealing reservation holder orders then it would accomplish nothing if they didn't stop all allocations. Just a thought.

CO-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
CO-Bronco
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 - 4dr - Cyber Orange - Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If they just keep stealing reservation holder orders then it would accomplish nothing if they didn't stop all allocations. Just a thought.
Agreed. And that's unfortunately the issue.

The people must likely to catch dealers playing dirty are those who have invested interest (ie. reservation holders who drive by the lot and check the dealers Facebook/website once a day and notice Broncos with MIC tops go for sale to the general public).

Yet those individuals that catch onto these shinanigans will be the absolute last to report it as it will just delay their Broncos even longer.

Loose-loose for reservation holders.

bronco2drga

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Agreed. And that's unfortunately the issue.

The people must likely to catch dealers playing dirty are those who have invested interest (ie. reservation holders who drive by the lot and check the dealers Facebook/website once a day and notice Broncos with MIC tops go for sale to the general public).

Yet those individuals that catch onto these shinanigans will be the absolute last to report it as it will just delay their Broncos even longer.

Loose-loose for reservation holders.
PR disaster coming to you soon! - Ford Motor Company.

At least I can laugh about it. I think I'm in the acceptance phase.

Sponsored

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have no problem with a dealer charging ADM on an order that is refused by a legitimate reservation holder…what else would they do with it? People are lined up to buy it and the market value right now is higher than the sticker. Dealers banking on having some not picked up that they can tack ADM on, allowed for the great deals out there…so no problemo here. I’m picking mine up and prices is locked in.
Nor do I, but Ray Skillman Ford has three (3) Broncos for sale with ADM, which seems a bit unusual considering it is the dealership's first delivery of its allotment. My dealer told me that refused orders from legitimate customer orders counted against the 80% quota. Maybe he was incorrect, but he had three customers drop out after he got his allocation number and he seemed stressed about it. Just 2 drop outs in his low allocation number put him over the 20% range.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So they tried this approach with the Mach E, but it was then looked at by some attorney's as something that could be construed as "money laundering" if they transferred money from Ford to the dealership. The way it is setup now with the Bronco is that we at the dealership level receive your deposit and Ford never has possession.

Above my pay grade, but people smarter than me shot that possibility down.
How is that? Ford took the Reservationist's credit card info. Until the reservation is converted to an order at a Dealership, Ford keeps the $100 and you as the Reservationist have to contact FoMoCo to get a refund if you cancel your reservation. Once you order, you have to contact the Dealership to get a refund. So presumably there is no difference between laundering $100, or $1,000. If there are laws regarding the amount of dollars that constitutes a laundering threshold, it probably would vary state by state. One would assume Michigan statute would apply. But based on the information below, it is clear Ford has possession of the $100 reservation funds until the Dealership receives and order from the customer.

Per FoMoCo's Bronco website

"Can I cancel my reservation?

Yes. You can cancel your reservation at any time and receive a full refund. * You can do this in your account at ford.com. If for some reason you can’t process the cancellation online, you can contact a Ford Customer Experience Representative at 800-392-3673 (Ford U.S.). After canceling, allow seven to 10 business days for the reservation deposit to be credited to your original form of payment. Once you progress from a reservation to an order with a dealer, however, cancellation requests would be at that dealer’s discretion."

Again, just proof automotive cyberlaunches don't work for the traditional legacy manufacturers with the dealership franchise product distribution business model. Ford and all such manufacturers need to give it up.

Last edited:

bronco2drga

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
How is that? Ford took the Reservationist's credit card info. Until the reservation is converted to an order at a Dealership, Ford keeps the $100 and you as the Reservationist have to contact FoMoCo to get a refund if you cancel your reservation. Once you order, you have to contact the Dealership to get a refund. So presumably there is no difference between laundering $100, or $1,000. If there are laws regarding the amount of dollars that constitutes a laundering threshold, it probably would vary state by state. One would assume Michigan statute would apply. But based on the information below, it is clear Ford has possession of the $100 reservation funds until the Dealership receives and order from the customer.

Yes. You can cancel your reservation at any time and receive a full refund. * You can do this in your account at ford.com. If for some reason you can’t process the cancellation online, you can contact a Ford Customer Experience Representative at 800-392-3673 (Ford U.S.). After canceling, allow seven to 10 business days for the reservation deposit to be credited to your original form of payment. Once you progress from a reservation to an order with a dealer, however, cancellation requests would be at that dealer’s discretion."

Again, just proof automotive cyberlaunches don't work for the traditional legacy manufacturers with the dealership franchise product distribution business model. Ford and all such manufacturers need to give it up.
The dealership that took listed when you reserved your bronco initially has your $100.00 I spent time this morning going back over my credit card statement and the dealership got the money, not ford motor company.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It is funny that so many people will complain about ADM, but also expect to reap the benefits if a smoking hot used car market.

This knife cuts both ways.

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

We have the desposit in our account when it is made, not Ford. On the Mach E, Ford held the money. You can get a refund by calling the dealership as well or it comes out automatically if you cancel you reservation online.

Sponsored

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
We have the desposit in our account when it is made, not Ford. On the Mach E, Ford held the money. You can get a refund by calling the dealership as well or it comes out automatically if you cancel you reservation online.
Sounds like the dealerships didn't like Ford holding the money, so they got a lawyer to make up some BS. :ROFLMAO:

azbittel

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mach E - Premium - AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’d wager that a majority of these are converted orders without commitment and that the dealers don’t care about the slap on the wrist. They were not built with intention to be dealer stock.

This is why it was always my opinion that Ford should have required $1000 non-refundable deposit upon order by the March 15 deadline.
I disagree. A $1000 non-refundable deposit for a vehicle I've never seen in person? Fuck that.

OP
OP
redone17

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I disagree. A $1000 non-refundable deposit for a vehicle I've never seen in person? Fuck that.
You want the vehicle, or you don’t. It would avoid a ton of “half-in/half-out” reservation holders and less early orders going to dealer stock.
But, held by the dealer. Not Ford.
If you’re wishy-washy - then wait until dealer stock and don’t reserve. Easy as that

azbittel

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mach E - Premium - AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You want the vehicle, or you don’t. It would avoid a ton of “half-in/half-out” reservation holders and less early orders going to dealer stock.
But, held by the dealer. Not Ford.
If you’re wishy-washy - then wait until dealer stock and don’t reserve. Easy as that
Im all in, but I want the ability to refuse delivery no questions asked if something about it isnt right. Jacked up paint, mic in bad shape, or a host of other things. If the deposit was not refundable, I would feel obligated to buy something I dont feel good about. Who wants to start off a new 55k purchase with a bad taste in your mouth like that?

OP
OP
redone17

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Im all in, but I want the ability to refuse delivery no questions asked if something about it isnt right. Jacked up paint, mic in bad shape, or a host of other things. If the deposit was not refundable, I would feel obligated to buy something I dont feel good about. Who wants to start off a new 55k purchase with a bad taste in your mouth like that?
Right, I see your point. Presumably you can use the deposit for replacement if something delivers unsatisfactorily.
Sponsored