Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Wow. It's hard for me to believe Bestop wouldn't meet the quality requirements for Ford after seeing the droopy rear on the top that Ford is using on the 4 doors! Their soft tops for the JL are top notchin my opinion.

But, I do know from personal experience with the 2018 JL Wrangler that Bestop is painfully slow producing new products. If you didn't get a Wrangler with the soft top or dual top option you didn't get a soft top until at least a year after the vehicle was released!
It's not difficult at all to imagine there being a product quality discrepancy between the two companies.

One of them (Ford) has to produce a top which fulfills all NHTSA federal regulations, works flawlessly for millions of operations across all weather scenarios and for a period in excess of the maximum warranty period they offer on the entire vehicle (typically 8 years).

Bestop has to make an "For Offroad Use Only" top which complies with the bare minimum of regulation (ie: they are exempt). By definition, the roof is only warrantied for the first time you put it on the vehicle and void once you remove it. And only for the purchaser of the roof.

https://www.bestop.com/help/warrant...MI45iz3P-18gIVxh6tBh3hDwtuEAAYASAAEgJEu_D_BwE

The level of support and guarantee on these products is so astronomically different that it's not difficult, at all, to see how Bestop making their typical and (very nice) products, wouldn't fulfill an OEM's obligations for parts supply.

stuckinohio

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Badlands, MT High 2 Dr, V6 Outer Banks, Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good points for sure which I didn't take into consideration. I just can't get over the saggy rear windows on the 4 door soft top Bronco.

Sponsored

Rough Rider

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Best Guess: The 2 dr top is too complicated to install in a production manner. The design needed to be changed to be able to meet the production level standards. once they change the part and get it to a place where they can install it on the line, then they will offer it.

NaturalFlorida

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 4Runner SR-5 / 7" lift / 5.29 Gears / Lockers
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You will be able to order 2D Softie for ‘22. MIC will become a paid option matching Jeep prices. :)
No Sir
Sponsored