Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I think the lack of memory seats makes power less attractive anyway
I agree as I much rather have a manual seat if memory isn't available. Heck even with memory seats in my GT500 it still wants to do it's own thing sometimes. lol

Afro

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Manual seats are the best options for the 2Dr especially for entering/exiting the 2nd row. As much as I like memory and power adjust features, there's a logical reason why the 2Dr won't ever get power seats. Power seats are purposefully slow so you can fine tune your seat comfort. Slow is smooth, and smooth is fast safe? But the double-edge sword is they are too slow to dump and travel forward for entering/exiting the 2nd row.

Imagine dumping your power seats in inclement weather so your kids can jump in the back, it would feel like an eternity before the seat would reach full forward, then you would have to wait just as long to return to your seating position; especially for those of you who sit full rear. I believe the mustang has this "issue" as well if you carry more than 2 people but who really sits in the back of a mustang?

The other issue is what happens if you get into an accident and you need to exit the vehicle quickly? Power seats are a huge risk especially when seconds matter. Manual seats will always be faster.

4Dr doesnt have these risk because of the extra doors.

OP
OP
peterh

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I don't get it... You should only need to do this once.

Are you letting someone else drive your Bronco?

Why?
No, I just found it easier to get that perfect setting on my old Dakota - those seats were not only comfortable, they could be adjusted six ways to sunday. And I am not technically a boomer, but close!

Sponsored

ex_nyer

Badlands
First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Land Cruiser, Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
happened to see a two door Defender this weekend and the seats were powered. I realize the price point is different (this one was loaded and 87,000) but i don't really understand why Ford didn't offer this on the 2 door.

This is the $87k one, Defender 90x ... I understand that it is a different animal than the Bronco but it's nice. Really nice, but don't get me wrong, it would not be anywhere near as much fun as driving a Bronco.

Ford Bronco 2 door seats - power 1623858060273

CJay

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Ranger FX4 (MANUAL) & '74 VW Thing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just say no...
Ford Bronco 2 door seats - power PTnA_Seat

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If the 2dr has the manual seats like the 4dr (I think they do) you may be fine. I have the manual seats in my '20 Ranger, and they can be raised and lowered (and of course back, and forward) quite a bit.

Brianstrange

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 EB , 67 Stang, 77 GMC Motorhome, A6 3.0T, W211
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Manual seats and cable driven HVAC please!
Sponsored