First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good point. Wonder what the priorities were when designing this for off road ?talking ground clearance, weight, suspension. Did they not want half of their stock items to have capacity for tough trails ?
Sponsored

goatman2

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gandgautorepair.com
Vehicle(s)
F450, Jeep XJ, Porsche 911, 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good point. Wonder what the priorities were when designing this for off road ?talking ground clearance, weight, suspension. Did they not want half of their stock items to have capacity for tough trails ?

I think we agree that most Bronco owners won't do much hard stuff. The Bronco is perfect for a daily driver and for exploring dirt roads and fishing and camping spots and trailheads.
for those who will wheel it regularly on 4x4 trails, a Sasquatch Bronco with a bit more lift and 35" tires and lockers is pretty darn capable. A 2dr Badlands Sasquatch will kick a bunch of Wrangler ass with an experienced driver. More thought into ground clearance would have made it better, no doubt, but the IFS is also a compromise in one area but a huge benefit in another.

I'm ready for some IFS, two lockers, and some rough roads and minor trails. Heck, I might even be talked into running the Rubicon again. It's been awhile since I've run the 'Con or Swamp Lake trail, done both many many times. I've been sticking to day trips where I go back to the motorhome to sleep. 😁