Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Join Noah for a review video of our 2021 Bronco

Great to see the Bronco tooling through Sedona - such a unique place to be. I also like that the Black Diamond was tested off road - is it capable as an adventure vehicle? I love the steelies but I did not like the tires because of the poor ground clearance. I think this is an excellent review.

KillerKwall

Black Diamond
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco BD 4D 2.7 ,2020 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have been waiting for just this perspective. Would love to see a side by side with SAS bronco but this got me a ton information I was looking to get. Long term, I will likely upgrade the tires and suspension but its good to know the BD stock is still capable to handle some trails.

CaptainSolo

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 STX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

After going to the NH rodeo, I’ve determined that any model of the Bronco absolutely slays trails if they come with the Sasquatch package. Sasquatch performs better than badlands with no Sasquatch. Badlands Sasquatch is the most capable, but generally unnecessary unless you’re rolling around Moab.

Sponsored

rhymeswithbronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Stewart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 F-100
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have been waiting for just this perspective. Would love to see a side by side with SAS bronco but this got me a ton information I was looking to get. Long term, I will likely upgrade the tires and suspension but its good to know the BD stock is still capable to handle some trails.
My thoughts exactly. Great video, you don't see BD reviews like this often.

sonofhammer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After going to the NH rodeo, I’ve determined that any model of the Bronco absolutely slays trails if they come with the Sasquatch package. Sasquatch performs better than badlands with no Sasquatch. Badlands Sasquatch is the most capable, but generally unnecessary unless you’re rolling around Moab.
Yup, I was in a two-door basesquatch in the Austin offroadeo. the one in front of me was a badlands on 33's They scraped the skid plates more than I did.

Last edited:

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sounds crappy that the ride height is NOT suitable for off road ? Why would they set it up this way ?? Disappointing
Why so low to ground ??

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Are you not concerned about how low it rides to the ground ?

KillerKwall

Black Diamond
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco BD 4D 2.7 ,2020 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Are you not concerned about how low it rides to the ground ?
No, Realistically SAS does not comply with 99% of my needs. This is a daily for me, so taking additional hits on mpg is a no go. I am looking at trailering some small items, and towing is better on the stock BD. The trails I will take this on are currently being done by an old 70s K5 Blazer and 4x4 Van, so its not a priority.

If I lived in Sedona or anywhere out west, I would say the SAS is a must. In Michigan/Midwest its helps but is by no means a necessity.

I did consider switching to the SAS after attending the Rodeo; however, just before I could change I got a build date. My main reason for switching wasn't really ride height but rather the components you get that are difficult and costly to install. New Axles and Front Diff are not cheap.

Sponsored

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Great video with my exact build, just different color.

I love my non-Sas. I won’t be rock-climbing, and I don’t like the wheels and balloon tires on the Sasquatch. I saved a lot of money by just getting a cowboy hat and driving smarter like an OG. 😄

8F83AAFD-8EF1-4591-AD45-79FA884B8B65.jpeg

3A2C3D74-7543-4FD9-8591-0AAD4EF09F40.jpeg

goatman2

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gandgautorepair.com
Vehicle(s)
F450, Jeep XJ, Porsche 911, 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I guess this is good for searching youtube. While there is good info in the video it is extremely basic and repetitive if you've already been learning about and looking at Broncos. Lots of time spent on the manual trans. Glad they showed a more basic Bronco, wish they would have made a a couple comments about where they were in Sedona. I want to visit Sedona and got no info about Sedona from this video, like which routes they were on and showing.

Good video, very basic.

goatman2

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gandgautorepair.com
Vehicle(s)
F450, Jeep XJ, Porsche 911, 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sounds crappy that the ride height is NOT suitable for off road ? Why would they set it up this way ?? Disappointing
Why so low to ground ??
That is my biggest gripe and concern about the Bronco. However, Ford did give us plenty of options based on how we're going to use it. A BD on stock 31" tires is relatively low compared to most of the other model and equipment options, and stock with the rear locker the video showed it still handled some pretty good terrain. I think for most Bronco owners a stock BD will handle what they will ever do with it. I'm still a bit bummed about the ground clearance, partly because I don't want to daily drive a lifted vehicle, yet I will take it on plenty of different types of trails. I parked my daily driver Cherokee XJ with 2" lift on 30" tires next to a Badlands w/o Sasquatch (which is what I have ordered) and my XJ has considerably more ground clearance.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have a 2dr BD 7spd Manual, so almost exactly like the vehicle in the video. A few comments based on the video:
1) I was watching some of the bad lines he was taking in the video, so I am glad the host even mentioned that he purposefully took bad lines to test the height. I think much of the issue were the routes and line option.

2) Breakover angle. The 2dr will have a more advantageous breakover than the 4dr, and I think that would help some of the scrapes. If I were getting a 4dr, I might think about a BL or squatch, but for a 2dr, the non-sas will be fine.

3) I agree with much of his opinion about the GOAT modes. They might be more marketing that utility.
Sponsored