First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F 150, 1976 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Excellent tribute to the Special Decor. Love it!
Sponsored

OP
OP
rguest3

rguest3

Badlands
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350, F-450, 2022 Bronco, (2) 77 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP
OP
rguest3

rguest3

Badlands
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP
OP
rguest3

rguest3

Badlands
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Still at the body shop. Body is on the chassis for fitment of all the doors, top, etc. Here are a couple current picture. The quarters will be cut for Bronco Design flairs.

Ford Bronco 2023 2-Door Cactus Gray Special Decor Build PXL_20230629_201753234

A little progress. Looks good so far.

It's always frustrating how long it can take to get your project done. Never as soon as you think.

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Found your build thread from your response on the tire/wheel sub-forum. What has drawn me to your build is the body color HT and HE grill. My original reservation was for the OBX as it was the only trim (at the time) that promoted a body color modular HT along with the painted flares, mirror caps, and door handles. Other trims could only get the gloss black modular HT. Then of course, the modular HT availability disappeared. It's back now, for the HE(s) and perhaps in future years the option to have a body color modular HT will return. But the 2-dr OBX has been discontinued.

I will get the MIC HT painted, but I'm still waiting as I'm afraid I have begun to see bubbling on the top of the rear clam shell. I'm going to give it some time to see if a warranty claim needs to be made.

The grill I presume is the Heritage Edition Limited grill in order to accommodate the front camera?

OP
OP
rguest3

rguest3

Badlands
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Found your build thread from your response on the tire/wheel sub-forum. What has drawn me to your build is the body color HT and HE grill. My original reservation was for the OBX as it was the only trim (at the time) that promoted a body color modular HT along with the painted flares, mirror caps, and door handles. Other trims could only get the gloss black modular HT. Then of course, the modular HT availability disappeared. It's back now, for the HE(s) and perhaps in future years the option to have a body color modular HT will return. But the 2-dr OBX has been discontinued.

I will get the MIC HT painted, but I'm still waiting as I'm afraid I have begun to see bubbling on the top of the rear clam shell. I'm going to give it some time to see if a warranty claim needs to be made.

The grill I presume is the Heritage Edition Limited grill in order to accommodate the front camera?

Correct, that is a Ford, OEM Factory Heritage Grill. I think all of the factory Grills can handle the Camera and you can swap any Grill to any Bronco, camera included or not. It really depends on if the back of the grill has the holes included to mount the Camera Bracket. I have not seen the back of a Base Grill (for example if you wanted that Grill on another model with Camera) so I don't know if the mounting holes are included.

My Body Man did A LOT of work to the Top of the Hard Top to get rid of all the Pits and irregularities. Most body shops do not properly prep the Top portion at all. This is a 2023 with the later MIC 2.0 Top. It does not surprise me that you are having issues with your top. A good body shop can handle it though.

My Cactus Gray 2-Door is a Badlands and all of the other Black parts were painted as well. You are ahead of the game a little with the OBX. I have an OBX 4-Door that has the painted Fender Flares too.

Last edited:

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Correct, that is a Ford, OEM Factory Heritage Grill. I think all of the factory Grills can handle the Camera and you can swap any Grill to any Bronco, camera included or not.

My Body Man did A LOT of work to the Top of the Hard Top to get rid of all the Pits and irregularities. Most body shops do not properly prep the Top portion at all. This is a 2023 with the later MIC 2.0 Top. It does not surprise me that you are having issues with your top. A good body shop can handle it though.

My Cactus Gray 2-Door is a Badlands and all of the other Black parts were painted as well. You are ahead of the game a little with the OBX. I have an OBX 4-Door that has the painted Fender Flares too.
I have a '22 Black Diamond and my '23 OBX was bought in May. The OBX top is bubbling. Not terrible, but in the right light, it can be seen. The MIC overall is junk. But there is no way to get a mod top other than getting an HE. Still a compromise as it is either the Standard HE or or finding a unicorn Limited HE. I'm strictly a 2-dr buyer and the 2-dr HEL is a unicorn.

OP
OP
rguest3

rguest3

Badlands
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a '22 Black Diamond and my '23 OBX was bought in May. The OBX top is bubbling. Not terrible, but in the right light, it can be seen. The MIC overall is junk. But there is no way to get a mod top other than getting an HE. Still a compromise as it is either the Standard HE or or finding a unicorn Limited HE. I'm strictly a 2-dr buyer and the 2-dr HEL is a unicorn.

I have not had any issues with my other two Hard Top Broncos. One 4-Door, One 2-Door. I would have no problem painting either one.

Finding a Heritage Limited depends on the allocation of the Dealership you are using. Yes, hard to find.

Sponsored
OP
OP
rguest3

rguest3

Badlands
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Hard Top has been Ceramic Coated as the rest of the body. I think it's done? It has been my daily driver for the last few months and is a blast to drive.

Here is the Special Decor at the trim shop hanging out with the expensive exotics.

Ford Bronco 2023 2-Door Cactus Gray Special Decor Build 72166416134__1DC53BD0-B3B0-403B-B259-7A3028E1C66F

Last edited:
OP
OP
rguest3

rguest3

Badlands
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I left my Bronco at the detail shop for the weekend. They do Wraps, Ceramic Coat, Window Tint, Stripe Kits and other detail work. They had a showcase on Saturday to show off their work. Then it attended a Ford car show Sunday.

It looks like my Bronco was in good company all weekend. Here are some of the cars that were still there when I picked it up today.

Ford Bronco 2023 2-Door Cactus Gray Special Decor Build IMG_0984

Ford Bronco 2023 2-Door Cactus Gray Special Decor Build IMG_0985

Ford Bronco 2023 2-Door Cactus Gray Special Decor Build IMG_0986
Sponsored

Last edited: