Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F 150, 1976 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you.

The Special Decor is a very rare look for the 6G Bronco. (I think I have the only one with Black Heritage Grill and Stripe) It was kinda rare, two year only, in 1976-1977 as well when available from the factory.

I like the White of the Heritage look too (White Top and Grill), but it has to be on a 2-Door.

My body/paint guy tells me next month for the Hard Top to be painted. He does Excellent work. I can wait.
It looks so good now but once the top is color matched. It will be amazing!!! Great work. I would like to build an all white 2 door with an orange special decor stripe. A reverse of my 76 special decor.
Sponsored

OP
OP
rguest3

rguest3

Badlands
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350, F-450, 2022 Bronco, (2) 77 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It looks so good now but once the top is color matched. It will be amazing!!! Great work. I would like to build an all white 2 door with an orange special decor stripe. A reverse of my 76 special decor.
Do you currently have a new, white 2-Door to start with?

Special Decor

Badlands
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you currently have a new, white 2-Door to start with?
Nope, cancelled my original reservation for a white 2dr Badlands. When the painted mod top option was put on hold. And I though it was a better idea (financially) to invest in my 76. So I'm in the middle of a frame off. But once it's done. Then I 'll be back in the market. And it looks like the mod top will be available soon. Here is a current picture of my 76 chassis going to the body shop. And current state of the body at the shop.

PXL_20230613_202609502.jpg

PXL_20230613_202333078.jpg

PXL_20230608_112946828.jpg

PXL_20230608_112858863.jpg

OP
OP
rguest3

rguest3

Badlands
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nope, cancelled my original reservation for a white 2dr Badlands. When the painted mod top option was put on hold. And I though it was a better idea (financially) to invest in my 76. So I'm in the middle of a frame off. But once it's done. Then I 'll be back in the market. And it looks like the mod top will be available soon. Here is a current picture of my 76 chassis going to the body shop. And current state of the body at the shop.

Ford Bronco 2023 2-Door Cactus Gray Special Decor Build PXL_20230608_112858863

Nice to see you are keeping the fenders uncut. Great job!

I just sold a very nice 77 and have 3 more in the works at various stages. Keeps me out of trouble for the most part.

I wish those US Mags U101s were available for the 6G Broncos. Those are my favorite wheels.

Special Decor

Badlands
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice to see you are keeping the fenders uncut. Great job!

I just sold a very nice 77 and have 3 more in the works at various stages. Keeps me out of trouble for the most part.

I wish those US Mags U101s were available for the 6G Broncos. Those are my favorite wheels.
Been thinking the same thing, slot wheels for the 6G. Hope it doesn’t hurt your feelings, but I will be re-cutting the quarters for fiberglass flairs. I do like lubrs but I like cut broncos more.

Sponsored
OP
OP
rguest3

rguest3

Badlands
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Been thinking the same thing, slot wheels for the 6G. Hope it doesn’t hurt your feelings, but I will be re-cutting the quarters for fiberglass flairs. I do like lubrs but I like cut broncos more.
All depends on tire and wheel choice. Most of mine have had the Cut fenders. Maybe 3 or 4 remained Uncut.

Danny's Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shoes! Waiting for that 2 door to ship!
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Love your build! I have a Velocity Blue OBX 2 door stuck in production.

About how much was it to get the grill painted? I have the same heritage grill waiting to be painted velocity blue with a black center to match my 2dr.

My grandpa and I fixed up a 77 Special Decor when I was in high school like 30 years ago. He wanted to paint it black I wanted it green, but we agreed on Brittany Blue with the black grill and hockey stripes like on the special decor. I think the one we worked on was originally green with a black grill and white stripes, but it's been a long time. It was supposed to be for me, but grandpa passed away just before I turned 16. Grandma sold it and all 12 or so of his other cars after my aunts started fighting about something. Wish I could find it again. We put the engine out of some wrecked Pantera track car he had into it. It was super fun. Hope to have another someday!

OP
OP
rguest3

rguest3

Badlands
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Love your build! I have a Velocity Blue OBX 2 door stuck in production.

About how much was it to get the grill painted? I have the same heritage grill waiting to be painted velocity blue with a black center to match my 2dr.

My grandpa and I fixed up a 77 Special Decor when I was in high school like 30 years ago. He wanted to paint it black I wanted it green, but we agreed on Brittany Blue with the black grill and hockey stripes like on the special decor. I think the one we worked on was originally green with a black grill and white stripes, but it's been a long time. It was supposed to be for me, but grandpa passed away just before I turned 16. Grandma sold it and all 12 or so of his other cars after my aunts started fighting about something. Wish I could find it again. We put the engine out of some wrecked Pantera track car he had into it. It was super fun. Hope to have another someday!

I had a lot of projects for my painter when I had this done, so I have no idea how much it was to paint just the Grill.

The Special Decor Broncos have been my favorite. I have had 4 or 5 and still have a 76 Decor in the shop currently.

Did you get your Bronco yet?

Danny's Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shoes! Waiting for that 2 door to ship!
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I had a lot of projects for my painter when I had this done, so I have no idea how much it was to paint just the Grill.

The Special Decor Broncos have been my favorite. I have had 4 or 5 and still have a 76 Decor in the shop currently.

Did you get your Bronco yet?
I have a friend that owns a shop and is a painter. I know he will paint my grill for free. I have done a lot for him when he was struggling a while back. I'll end up paying him anyway.. just don't know how much to pay him.

No Bronco for me unfortunately. On my third month awaiting shipping from Detroit to Indianapolis. Really frustrating!

Looking forward to seeing your top white. Love the body matched fender flares.

OP
OP
rguest3

rguest3

Badlands
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a friend that owns a shop and is a painter. I know he will paint my grill for free. I have done a lot for him when he was struggling a while back. I'll end up paying him anyway.. just don't know how much to pay him.

No Bronco for me unfortunately. On my third month awaiting shipping from Detroit to Indianapolis. Really frustrating!

Looking forward to seeing your top white. Love the body matched fender flares.

I will paint the Hard Top Body Color too. This will go with the Special Decor look of the truck. Not a white top like a standard Early Bronco or Heritage as its called now.

Sponsored

Plala

Big Bend
First Name
Pamela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The only thing left on my list is to have the Hard Top painted Cactus Gray. Hopefully this month.

Then she is done.
Did you get the top painted? How/where do you do that? What paint do they use? How do they match it?

OP
OP
rguest3

rguest3

Badlands
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Hard Top is being painted this week. I hope to pick it up next week.

I delivered the top to a body shop. Same paint process as any paint job.

The paint code is on the drivers side inner door sill.

OP
OP
rguest3

rguest3

Badlands
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Hard Top has been painted and installed.

The Top Windows, Rubber Seals and Rear Hatch were removed to do it correctly. A LOT of extra work had to be done to the top itself. After the primer was sprayed there were so many pits showing in the top it looked like it had been in a Hail Storm. Not very good quality at all.

I will Not put the Factory Roof Rack back on this Bronco. It will go on my other Silver 2-Door.

I will let the Top cure for a couple weeks and then Ceramic Coat the top like the rest of the body. Then it will really shine like glass!

Ford Bronco 2023 2-Door Cactus Gray Special Decor Build IMG_0848

Ford Bronco 2023 2-Door Cactus Gray Special Decor Build IMG_0849

Ford Bronco 2023 2-Door Cactus Gray Special Decor Build IMG_0850

Ford Bronco 2023 2-Door Cactus Gray Special Decor Build IMG_0851

Ford Bronco 2023 2-Door Cactus Gray Special Decor Build IMG_0852

Last edited:

Buck N Bronc

Outer Banks
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Man that looks great! I'm dropping my top off next week for oxford white (another Heritage wannabe :ROFLMAO:). Body color looks better than I thought so WELL DONE!

OP
OP
rguest3

rguest3

Badlands
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Man that looks great! I'm dropping my top off next week for oxford white (another Heritage wannabe :ROFLMAO:). Body color looks better than I thought so WELL DONE!
Thanks

The top will pop even more when it is Ceramic Coated like the body. Couple weeks to cure.
Sponsored