Sponsored

2023 Outer Banks Order To Delivery Timeline?

sgraing1

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond.A Bunch More Junk.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
For those that have a finger on the pulse....How long do you think it would take? Just interested in a hard top.
BTW,I have my early reservation Black Diamond.Just asking for my sister.
Thanks.
Sponsored

Now I Go Bronco

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It sounds like a hard top is at least two years if you’re ordering.

This info is anecdotal but you’ll find that answer here and in other forums/social from people who have been talking to dealers.

Several dealers told me they wouldn’t be making any HT’s this year. And that wasn’t a sales pitch as I was looking for a soft top.

OP
OP
sgraing1

sgraing1

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks I guess.

Aliba

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5 m50i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For those that have a finger on the pulse....How long do you think it would take? Just interested in a hard top.
BTW,I have my early reservation Black Diamond.Just asking for my sister.
Thanks.
I just put an order for one two or three weeks ago and they said the majority of restrictions have been cleared and I would probably see it by mid-summer. I have no idea if that's accurate but on the OB and Badlands I was considering, neither had any restrictions aside from something to do with signature lights on the BL.

We'll see if it's true or not, my order is currently confirmed but not yet scheduled.

I should also mention I'm in a medium/small sized market in Canada, I'm not sure how that influences allocation.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Video Guy mentioned yesterday that the order banks are tentatively scheduled to open 3/27. Also said there would be restrictions but no info on that just yet. If interested in ordering, I would not wait and be prepared on the day they open. Get with the dealer of your choice on how to handle it. The Maverick banks were closed and when they finally did open, they sold out in about a week so I would expect that with the Bronco as well since quite a bit of the model year will already be scheduled by then.

The Hardtop may be one of the restrictions when ordering. I'm sure there will be more info closer to the opening date.

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It is not going to take 2 years for a hardtop OBX. What matters most is your chosen dealers allocation.

It has been reported that 21k order remain after last weeks scheduling, or roughly 2 months worth of production. Ford has scheduled into April so that would be enough to schedule out May and June (yes I know all those won't get scheduled in sequence and there should be a COVP purge, but bear with me). Leaving 4 months of MY23 production or roughly 40k units dedicated to dealer stock.

Yes, the hardtop remains a constraint, but dealers have remaining allocation info and the better ones will give you an idea of if you will get scheduled this year based on the number of pre-orders they already have on file. Find one that you trust and can work with and have your sister place a pre-order so when the order banks do eventually open up she can get her order in.

OP
OP
sgraing1

sgraing1

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks for the replies.

thisisliam

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Brono Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

FWIW, my dealer just called me and told me the following:

Banks slated to open 3/27. It is currently not known what restrictions, if any, will be placed on retail orders. He said the three deadly sins will probably still be a constraint, but he could be wrong and they won't know until...

There's a zoom meeting for higher ups on 3/20 to update dealerships on what's happening.

Now I Go Bronco

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford literally sent an email out like 10 days ago asking people to drop their HTs (among other things) to get their vehicles into production. People who have been waiting for years. I’m no math wiz but that would seem to indicate that they like, don’t have any hard tops. But I’m sure everything will be fine in… May.

Last edited:

thisisliam

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Brono Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm for sure interested what ends up happening. My spec'd out order has one of those constraints on it. While I've not been waiting near the amount of time that some people on this board have, I'm only willing to compromise so much.
Sponsored