Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I hope for the refresh they realize the windshield is way too short and there is no need for the dash to sit up that high. A friend commented it was like the little slit you look out when driving a Sherman tank.

I have to agree, the belt line or whatever you call it is 3” too high. The only thing I find palatable on a G Wagon is the tall upright windows. It has fantastic outward visibility…which one wants in a 4x4 off-roader, and all the old classics had.

Hell, just being able to see a traffic light waiting at intersection, without putting my chin on the steering wheel, would be pretty sweet too.
I'm sitting here looking at the narrow windshield vehicle on your profile pic and reading about your complaint of the Bronco windshield being too narrow, and the irony doesn't escape me.

You're not going to gain any visibility whatsoever by dropping the dash further down unless you consistently drive like an old lady looking through the steering wheel, and at that point you shouldn't be complaining about seeing traffic lights above you. For normal drivers you'd end up having a slightly better view of the hood, that's it. Adding more height to the windshield is going to make it look just as fugly as a gelandewagen. Making the windshield larger in either direction is going to offer more places for a rock to chip glass head on. The Bronco isn't for everyone.
Sponsored

Cactus Jack

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
You bring up some interesting points. Ford was definitely more optimistic in the beginning. Remember the Bronco truck? Project abandoned.

The day I ordered my Warthog at the Ford Store (March ‘22) the owner showed me official Ford CGI renderings of the, ”Bronco” standalone dealership. They were working with Ford to make a custom store dedicated to Bronco vehicles. I wish I snagged some photos! Everything was unique to the location. Truly something special.

The design work was unlike any dealership I had seen before. On top of all of this, they were even planning to have a huge off-road course behind the store.

Nearly 2 years later, and we have not seen any Bronco Stores. Definitely agree that the high prices have turned people away. Local dealers cannot sell at MSRP any more. Broncos are sitting on lots.

At this rate, I don’t see Ford building standalone Bronco Stores anytime soon.

Getting into Ford's intended business plan is kind of pointless because they keep having to pivot and they are not where they thought pre pandemic.

Ford wanted Bronco centric dealerships, they also wanted EV only dealerships. There was going to be a Bronco lineup of vehicles, all sorts of plans that keep changing due to politics, buying trends with EVs, supply constraints, inflation, interest rates, the economy... not to mention union issues, plant retooling, bla bla bla. Oh and roof issues 🫣

So many things were coming out in the news, not sure what was realistic or just wishful thinking.
Ford had this incredible boom lined up, with the Bronco, the Maverick, and the initial hopes of the Lightning. The interest and demands, I believe, were unprecedented. They couldn't deliver on time, the costs went through the roof, the quality suffered, and the public lost faith in what should have been amazing time for Ford. Granted some of the circumstances were out of their control, but they didn't navigate the storm nearly as well as other auto makers.

Anyway, we have the Bronco, which was way overdue, I just hope they keep improving what needs improving and leave the stuff that works, alone. Change for the sake of change isn't needed, so leave the body style alone. 😎
Focus on improving quality and enough with special editions until the established trims are sorted out, roofs, tie rods and all.

And because, any chance I get ....
Bring back Anti Matter Blue.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You bring up some interesting points. Ford was definitely more optimistic in the beginning. Remember the Bronco truck? Project abandoned.

The day I ordered my Warthog at the Ford Store (March ‘22) the owner showed me official Ford CGI renderings of the, ”Bronco” standalone dealership. They were working with Ford to make a custom store dedicated to Bronco vehicles. I wish I snagged some photos! Everything was unique to the location. Truly something special.

The design work was unlike any dealership I had seen before. On top of all of this, they were even planning to have a huge off-road course behind the store.

Nearly 2 years later, and we have not seen any Bronco Stores. Definitely agree that the high prices have turned people away. Local dealers cannot sell at MSRP any more. Broncos are sitting on lots.

At this rate, I don’t see Ford building standalone Bronco Stores anytime soon.
Ford was never going to build the stand-alone Bronco stores. It was all on the dealer to do so and by doing it, they would receive additional allocation. Now with Broncos sitting on the lots and minimal wait times from order to delivery, dealers aren't needing additional allocation. They aren't going to invest millions in order to have more Broncos delivered to sit on the lot.

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ‘94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm sitting here looking at the narrow windshield vehicle on your profile pic and reading about your complaint of the Bronco windshield being too narrow, and the irony doesn't escape me.

You're not going to gain any visibility whatsoever by dropping the dash further down unless you consistently drive like an old lady looking through the steering wheel, and at that point you shouldn't be complaining about seeing traffic lights above you. For normal drivers you'd end up having a slightly better view of the hood, that's it. Adding more height to the windshield is going to make it look just as fugly as a gelandewagen. Making the windshield larger in either direction is going to offer more places for a rock to chip glass head on. The Bronco isn't for everyone.
Uh oh….

mgp1

Everglades
First Name
Megan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Squared fenders for everyone and Everglades wheels in the Sasquatch package. Done and done.
Ehhh...that takes away a lot of the special-ness of the Everglades trim.

Sponsored

Imaginary Friend

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and a Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I was referring to the absence of rain gutters. When it rains and you either crack the window or open the door to enter/exit the vehicle you take a bath. Can be fixed with a $30 cheap plastic add-on but is still a significant design miss in my book. It is surprising that none of the aftermarket tops address this issue.
That's what we call a Colossal Oversight where I work in corporate engineering.

Even Jeep JL soft tops have rain gutters...

Fly

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ehhh...that takes away a lot of the special-ness of the Everglades trim.
I'd be surprised if the EG trim survives a refresh anyways. Give the option to add a winch on upper level trims and that's about all you're missing.

mgp1

Everglades
First Name
Megan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
I'd be surprised if the EG trim survives a refresh anyways. Give the option to add a winch on upper level trims and that's about all you're missing.
I was going to say that I doubt they will refresh the Everglades; it was always meant to be a limited edition trim with only a certain amount of production going towards that each year. We will see!

Reactions: Fly

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base