First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just adding to the chorus that I would like to see the digital dash, some more vibrant colors (bring back Rapid Red!), and an improved hardtop (black or body color is too much to wish for). Maybe a better stereo and speaker system (even for the B&O). Otherwise, I would change little.
What’s wrong with the current hard top? Am I missing something?
Sponsored

Mscdman

Outer Banks
First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Seems like I’m going against the grain here but I actually prefer needles on my speedometer and not a computer screen. Would like to see code orange offered on all models as well as AMB to make a come back. Lastly and most importantly, for the love of sweet baby Jesus, BRING BACK YOUR BASE MODEL.
Are there bronco gen6 models with a non digital gauge cluster??? I assumed all had digital. You are saying some use needles?

Gregus73

Heritage
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Silverado 2500 HC, 2023 Bronco Heritage, WRX
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
agreed, GMC and Chevy basically the same thing, save a couple cosmetic changes. Just like Ford and Mercury were and why Ford shit canned Mercury.
I always think of the Silverado High Country being the tuxedo clad cowboy vs the GMC Denali being the tuxedo clad oil baron. Underneath it all; the two trucks they are pretty much the same thing. Same as Ford vs Lincoln.

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What’s wrong with the current hard top? Am I missing something?
Someone has been living under a rock or is pulling our finger 😀

Mscdman

Outer Banks
First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Someone has been living under a rock or is pulling our finger 😀
Nope. I’m genuinely curious. I don’t have an issue with mine except I can hear the wind. What’s the issue with the hard top?

Sponsored

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Nope. I’m genuinely curious. I don’t have an issue with mine except I can hear the wind. What’s the issue with the hard top?
Where shall I start - It leaks, it rattles, it squeaks, rain pours from it straight into the cab, you need to bring your own insulation to reduce wind noise. Those seem to be mostly under control as of the late MY23. What is still a problem is that it cracks, branches puncture the surface with relative ease, and it is prone to delamination (don't try to use suction cups on it). And when the surface is punctured all you have below it is egg cartons that turn to mush when wet. ADV may be a shit company that has lied to its customers for 2 years, but their detailed analysis of the design shortcomings of the OEM top are worth watching.

As hikers say, there is light, and there is stupid light. In their attempt to make the top relatively easy to remove Ford made the top stupid light. You can drive the Jeep one into a wall and it will do OK. A few weeks ago I drove a rental Jeep at -40F temp before wind-chill. The hard top never frosted on the inside even overnight when the temps dropped by another 10 degrees. The aftermarket tops by AC and TOR are probably OK. The OEM one is just poorly designed and implemented.

Mscdman

Outer Banks
First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Where shall I start - It leaks, it rattles, it squeaks, rain pours from it straight into the cab, you need to bring your own insulation to reduce wind noise. Those seem to be mostly under control as of the late MY23. What is still a problem is that it cracks, branches puncture the surface with relative ease, and it is prone to delamination (don't try to use suction cups on it). And when the surface is punctured all you have below it is egg cartons that turn to mush when wet.

As hikers say, there is light, and there is stupid light. In their attempt to make the top relatively easy to remove Ford made the top stupid light. You can drive the Jeep one into a wall and it will do OK. A few weeks ago I drove a rental Jeep at -40F temp before wind-chill. The hard top never frosted on the inside even overnight when the temps dropped by another 10 degrees. The aftermarket tops by AC and TOR are probably OK. The OEM one is just poorly designed and implemented.
Interesting. Mine is a MY23 (don’t know build date) and admittedly I don’t off road it and keep it garaged but I’ve only experienced wind noise.

I haven’t experienced any leaks, or any rattles, or delaminating or punctures. Again, I don’t offroaf it so branches aren’t hitting the top.

TangoHunter

Base
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2016 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Are there bronco gen6 models with a non digital gauge cluster??? I assumed all had digital. You are saying some use needles?
You are correct, they are all digital. I’m just saying I wish they were released with needles. Needles are old and add to the classic nostalgia to me. I also prefer the smallest entertainment screen in the center dash. I just like everything simple and could care less about tech in my ride.

miami2823

Base
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base

Midnight_Blue

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Where shall I start - It leaks, it rattles, it squeaks, rain pours from it straight into the cab, you need to bring your own insulation to reduce wind noise. Those seem to be mostly under control as of the late MY23. What is still a problem is that it cracks, branches puncture the surface with relative ease, and it is prone to delamination (don't try to use suction cups on it). And when the surface is punctured all you have below it is egg cartons that turn to mush when wet. ADV may be a shit company that has lied to its customers for 2 years, but their detailed analysis of the design shortcomings of the OEM top are worth watching.

Many of the roof leak problems are user failure. People don’t understand the proper sequence of placing the panels, they don’t understand how seals work, and they don’t understand that dirt remains on seals until it’s cleaned off by someone.

MIC 1.0 here and other than a little creakiness when it’s cold, I’ve experienced none of the issues you described in 2.5 years and 50k miles of fairly rugged ownership.

Sponsored

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Refresh, hmmm, well I do not expect much, maybe a few new colours, perhaps bringing back old colours, maybe a headlight slight change? Not sure how that would be pulled off, I would think some more refresh inside, maybe more colour options to match the different level trims, maybe a change in the brake lights, truly not much else.

As for Carplay, I run a 15Max and I have zero issues. Though I keep my IOS updated as well. I was a VERY longtime Android user, and I will say I actually like the Evil Empire auto app.

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ‘94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I hope for the refresh they realize the windshield is way too short and there is no need for the dash to sit up that high. A friend commented it was like the little slit you look out when driving a Sherman tank.

I have to agree, the belt line or whatever you call it is 3” too high. The only thing I find palatable on a G Wagon is the tall upright windows. It has fantastic outward visibility…which one wants in a 4x4 off-roader, and all the old classics had.

Hell, just being able to see a traffic light waiting at intersection, without putting my chin on the steering wheel, would be pretty sweet too.

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Many of the roof leak problems are user failure. People don’t understand the proper sequence of placing the panels, they don’t understand how seals work, and they don’t understand that dirt remains on seals until it’s cleaned off by someone.

MIC 1.0 here and other than a little creakiness when it’s cold, I’ve experienced none of the issues you described in 2.5 years and 50k miles of fairly rugged ownership.
I was referring to the absence of rain gutters. When it rains and you either crack the window or open the door to enter/exit the vehicle you take a bath. Can be fixed with a $30 cheap plastic add-on but is still a significant design miss in my book. It is surprising that none of the aftermarket tops address this issue.

93_SVT_3503

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150, 1967 Bronco U-14, 1993 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They need to sell off some of their stake in Safelite, and move the bottom of the A-pillar forward about 2 inches to increase the slope angle of the windshield. Routine windshield replacement shouldn't be a necessary part of the yearly maintenance budget, especially when they're continually on back-order.

ShiftyBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Been hearing about the 2025 refresh for the Bronco. When do you guys think we will hear official news from Ford about the changes for the 2025 models? June/July?
Do you think they will make any changes to the Bronco Raptor?
Or, you think they will only refresh the lower trim levels?
What would you like to see changed on the Raptor?
For me I would like to see the fenders get more of a wide body kit with smaller fenders. That would be perfect IMO.
What are you guys and gals thinking?
I really hope they leave it alone and focus on mechanical/tech improvements. Ford has a tendency to butcher designs when they attempt to update them. The raptor, however, could use some help. I’d like to see them make it look less like an F150 and more clean like the regular bronco. Replace the garbage bin fenders with something better integrated into the design. I’d also like to see a manual transmission on the raptor, but I know that’s not gonna happen. And as others have mentioned, I’d like to see some nice colors back into the lineup, not another Fifty Shades of Grey.
Sponsored

Last edited: