Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So get out your shot glasses 😂

I've been to three different dealerships locally that are willing to sell their Broncos for MSRP. I have inquired about the $2500 and the price protection rebates ($1995 for me). ALL THREE dealerships have told me the same thing. Unfortunately even though I am an early reservation holder, the only place I am eligible for those rebates is with the dealership where I have my order at. That doesn't work well when my dealership cannot seem to get any Broncos in.......

As a matter of fact, one dealership told me today that unfortunately Ford is not being upfront with the customers and there are going to be a lot of us reservation holders that are going to be extremely upset at the end of the year. Ford is not going to fulfill all reservations and Ford is going to try quietly get rid of price protection.

I am certainly disappointed as I thought I would be eligible for the $2500 back from Ford at ANY dealership for buying a Bronco off of the lot if I am willing to cancel my order.

Like so many others, I have been patient, but I have the feeling that at the end of the year, Ford is going to come up extremely short and not fulfill our orders while taking new orders and having the same woes for 2024 models (with no price protections). Those of us that were price protected will be pushed to the side with our orders cancelled and Ford will use the excuse of transmission woes, allocation issues, supplier issues, etc...

I'm beginning to think that if you have found a Bronco is even just slightly in the ball park of what you want, then you may want to pull the trigger and just purchase it.......

I am truly hoping that it is not the case, but I am mentally preparing for the disappointment....
Sponsored

Broncowski22

Black Diamond
First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I purchased a Bronco at a different dealer than where I placed my order and they gave me a $2500 discount. (I don't know if they did it correctly as my order does not appear to be canceled.) It shows up as a Manufacturer Rebate on my contract. Seems like other dealers could make it happen if they really want to. (I also didn't have price protection.)

MikeinTN

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So get out your shot glasses 😂

I've been to three different dealerships locally that are willing to sell their Broncos for MSRP. I have inquired about the $2500 and the price protection rebates ($1995 for me). ALL THREE dealerships have told me the same thing. Unfortunately even though I am an early reservation holder, the only place I am eligible for those rebates is with the dealership where I have my order at. That doesn't work well when my dealership cannot seem to get any Broncos in.......

As a matter of fact, one dealership told me today that unfortunately Ford is not being upfront with the customers and there are going to be a lot of us reservation holders that are going to be extremely upset at the end of the year. Ford is not going to fulfill all reservations and Ford is going to try quietly get rid of price protection.

I am certainly disappointed as I thought I would be eligible for the $2500 back from Ford at ANY dealership for buying a Bronco off of the lot if I am willing to cancel my order.

Like so many others, I have been patient, but I have the feeling that at the end of the year, Ford is going to come up extremely short and not fulfill our orders while taking new orders and having the same woes for 2024 models (with no price protections). Those of us that were price protected will be pushed to the side with our orders cancelled and Ford will use the excuse of transmission woes, allocation issues, supplier issues, etc...

I'm beginning to think that if you have found a Bronco is even just slightly in the ball park of what you want, then you may want to pull the trigger and just purchase it.......

I am truly hoping that it is not the case, but I am mentally preparing for the disappointment....
Don’t they all use the same system? Looks like this. I got I think 3620$
Ford Bronco $2500 and Price Protection at a different dealership woes D38E68D1-4830-4CC5-AAD8-59393BFA46D6
Ford Bronco $2500 and Price Protection at a different dealership woes 00222334-2489-4C21-9B9B-AE951CED268A

TrailDust

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco, 23 Bronco Sport, 97 F-150, 07 Cummins
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm in the same boat. Found an abandoned order locally at MSRP. They won't apply the private offer cert because the Ford docs directly say it has to be tied to the original order holder or the dealership will be charged back (I posted a pic of it in the ultimate 2023 PP thread).

So now they are encouraging me to cancel my reservation for the $2500, but we're all flying blind so if it only applies at the original ordering dealer then that is total horseshit. Guess I shouldn't expect anything less from the douchebags at Ford.

Going to try, see what happens. Not going to stop me from buying it, but it will be the last Ford my family ever buys. F'em.

rblock50

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Same here. I cancelled mine at my "order" dealer, my "on-the-lot" dealer attempted to find a certificate for me to use, but they couldn't find anything. It's such a cluster, and nobody will help me and I am caught in the middle. The "Private Offer" was given and accepted and I would hope Ford would follow through, but sadly not for many of us.

@Ford Motor Company It would be great if you could help get us someone to help through these certificates and work with the dealers to be sure that this worked out for us who have been waiting and got hosed in the process trying to follow the procedures.

Sponsored

Toolmantim

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram Rebel
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I reserved my Bronco on 7/25/20. When they announced the $2500 certificate to remove lux, mic top, and Sasquatch, I decided it was time to get my Bronco off the lot. Found Atchinson Ford in Detroit sold at MSRP. Called Ford and they gave me my certificate number and made it available in the online system. Sales person was able to look up the certificate and apply it. Also got $1100 in Ford points applied. Had $3250 in price protection that they said couldn’t be applied if it was not the original order.

OP
OP
Little Foot

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I reserved my Bronco on 7/25/20. When they announced the $2500 certificate to remove lux, mic top, and Sasquatch, I decided it was time to get my Bronco off the lot. Found Atchinson Ford in Detroit sold at MSRP. Called Ford and they gave me my certificate number and made it available in the online system. Sales person was able to look up the certificate and apply it. Also got $1100 in Ford points applied. Had $3250 in price protection that they said couldn’t be applied if it was not the original order.
What number did you call to get your certificates?

WaitingForMyBroncoHTX

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BRONCO
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Question for thos that have cancelled your order and purchased at another dealership:

I have one on order at dealer A and have little chance to be built this year. I did some research and dealer B an hour away has my exact same build in production now, with a VIN, and they will reserve it for me and honor selling at MSRP. I have submitted my drivers license and requested the build sheet/DORA.

What did you do to get the $2500 coupon for cancelling your current order? Haven't cancelled it yet so I want to get my ducks in a row, also had a $1K deposit when submitted my order I will need to get back.

Toolmantim

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram Rebel
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Question for thos that have cancelled your order and purchased at another dealership:

I have one on order at dealer A and have little chance to be built this year. I did some research and dealer B an hour away has my exact same build in production now, with a VIN, and they will reserve it for me and honor selling at MSRP. I have submitted my drivers license and requested the build sheet/DORA.

What did you do to get the $2500 coupon for cancelling your current order? Haven't cancelled it yet so I want to get my ducks in a row, also had a $1K deposit when submitted my order I will need to get back.
See my post above your post. I think it will answer your question

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Was the $3250 in price protection associated with the 7/2/20 reservation that you cancelled? If so, once you cancelled the reservation you lost that pp. You would have been better off keeping that order active and applying that rebate to your off-the-lot Bronco.

OP
OP
Little Foot

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Was the $3250 in price protection associated with the 7/2/20 reservation that you cancelled? If so, once you cancelled the reservation you lost that pp. You would have been better off keeping that order active and applying that rebate to your off-the-lot Bronco.
You can only get the $2500 off the lot rebate if you cancel your order as per Ford Customer Service Member that I talked to today.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can only get the $2500 off the lot rebate if you cancel your order as per Ford Customer Service Member that I talked to today.
Correct, but in the case I quoted he had a higher rebate in the form of price protection. The price protection amounts can also be applied to off-the-lot Broncos. If your pp is the higher amount, and you are planning on buying off the lot you are better served not canceling. By canceling his order the user the lost pp rebate but gained the cancel rebate and thus sacrificed $750.

Toolmantim

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram Rebel
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Where did you get the $1100 in points? I talked to Ford today and once I cancel my order, I will be able to use the $2500 rebate.
My sales person was able to see my Ford points when they looked up my 2500 certificate. I believe is was 220,000 points which equates to the 1100 dollars
Sponsored