www.shopmrt.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

10% Military Discount Available!
Use code PATRIOT at checkout for 10% discount on MRT branded products over $100

Hello again! Dan here with MRT. We wanted to take a chance to dive a little deeper into our product line up and talk about MRT's No Drill Hood Strut Kit. I have included a quick video showing the struts in action as well as a video showing the quick installation of this kit. This Bronco accessory is simple: Add underhood dress up to your SUV with a design that is functional and has purpose: MRT hood struts replace factory prop rods with brackets and gas cylinder struts that lift the hood and give you a clear view into the Bronco engine bay - AND you don't have to manually prop the hood open. Consistent with MRT's original no-drill hood struts introduced on the Mustang, this kit is designed to maintain hood alignment by using factory attachment points for strength and safety!

Ford Bronco MRT- 2021+ Bronco No Drill Hood Strut Kit 80K110-(sm)

MRT hood strut brackets are made out of high-quality steel for the utmost durability and come standard with a quality Black Powder Coat Finish. Custom bracket colors are available for an additional fee and come in 2 options: Carbon fiber look or vehicle color matching. If a vehicle matching bracket color is desired, select a custom paint option and put the paint code you want in the order notes. Allow a 1-2 weeks lead time for custom painted brackets.

You can find MRT No Drill Hood Strut Kits HERE

FREE SHIPPING ON BRONCO HOOD STRUT KITS
Ford Bronco MRT- 2021+ Bronco No Drill Hood Strut Kit Forum Electric Blue Bronco
Ford Bronco MRT- 2021+ Bronco No Drill Hood Strut Kit Bronco CF Hood Strut forum

Installation Guide
Sponsored

Last edited:

Hopeless Diamond

Badlands
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350/2dr Rubicon/'96 4R/'75 Intl D150/'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, curios here. I've seen a lot of people reporting that in order to get the hood to fully close, you need to let it drop the last foot or so. It won't fully latch if you set it down and try and push down on it.

I'm a big fan of replacing the prop rod with struts, but wondering how it would work with the Bronco hood (months away from my own so going on hear say).

BigBen(d)58

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Just ordered!

Sponsored

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So, curios here. I've seen a lot of people reporting that in order to get the hood to fully close, you need to let it drop the last foot or so. It won't fully latch if you set it down and try and push down on it.

I'm a big fan of replacing the prop rod with struts, but wondering how it would work with the Bronco hood (months away from my own so going on hear say).
exactly what I'm concerned about .... how do you fully close it?

Nick72

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Good morning! You would just need to push the hood down with a little force, similar to closing the trunk or rear hatch on a car.

OP
OP
MRTperformance

MRTperformance

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.shopmrt.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The Bronco hood is a little weird to close but the MRT no drill hood struts have no effect on the ability of the hood to close. Allowing for easy opening and closing.

Last edited:

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You would just need to push the hood down with a little force, similar to closing the trunk or rear hatch on a car.
one of the early bronco pix from the MAP floor showed a hand-sized INDENT at the front of the hood where someone had obviously done just that

jayson1980

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Ford Bronco; 2017 Jaguar F-Type R
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Good morning! You would just need to push the hood down with a little force, similar to closing the trunk or rear hatch on a car.
My hood will not close this way. The only way it will close is by letting go when it is at least a foot open.

Sponsored

Nick72

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My hood will not close this way. The only way it will close is by letting go when it is at least a foot open.
That was in response to a question about closing a hood with gas struts added since it needs to have momentum to overcome the resistance of the struts.

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I like the idea of no-drill hood struts, and will definitely get some now that I have taken delivery of my Bronco.

What is your warranty? Didn't see it on your site.

ctowna

Badlands
First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XC90 Momentum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any feedback from folks with gas struts already installed on the ease of closing hood?

OP
OP
MRTperformance

MRTperformance

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.shopmrt.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

We are working on getting some video of closing the hood with MRT hood struts installed. The red Bronco in a lot of the footage for our exhausts has them installed and closing the hood was no issue.

OP
OP
MRTperformance

MRTperformance

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.shopmrt.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I like the idea of no-drill hood struts, and will definitely get some now that I have taken delivery of my Bronco.

What is your warranty? Didn't see it on your site.
MRT has Limited Lifetime Warranty coverage for MRT brand products This warranty covers defects in material and workmanship for the purchaser of record on the vehicle in which the system was originally installed. Blemishes or appearance deficiencies due to weather, road hazard of lack of maintenance is not included.
Sponsored

Last edited: