Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would like to tweak a couple things stated here. 1: the sasquatch has less travel and Badlands for tire clearance. Not protection of the suspension geometry. The added travel of the non-sas Badlands is in jounce which is already less extreme geometry than rebound. OEM's have very stringent standards regarding tire clearance. Most of us are willing to tolerate much tighter fits or even some rubbing between tires and wheel liners/frame, but not the OEMs.

As for what Vaugh Gittin Jr was saying: I would also point out that any lift whether its "proper" or not, if it changes your tie rod angles off-road it is almost certainly increasing the chance of breaking a rack or tie rod. Spacer lifts have additional downsides, like over-extending your CV's in rebound, and of course that goes for the steering as well, but no suspension lift is immune to increasing the risk of steering breakage. Flat angles make a happy rack.

I am now running 2" lift on Icons, aware of the risks, but I think 2" lift or less combined with suspension awareness while wheeling will be alright. Carry spare tire rods regardless!
Haven’t lifted mine as of yet but I agree with the spare tie rods. I always have two with me. One for me and one for someone else.
Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What tires are those? I ask, because they are VERY clogged with mud and didn't seem to self-clean.
I noticed the same thing.
OP, had it rained out there recently before your trip? Was there a lot of mud holes on the trails? I plan on heading out there sometime but hate the mud and would prefer to avoid it whenever possible.

OP
OP
tkennyb4

tkennyb4

Outer Banks
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra, HD Forty-Eight
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I noticed the same thing.
OP, had it rained out there recently before your trip? Was there a lot of mud holes on the trails? I plan on heading out there sometime but hate the mud and would prefer to avoid it whenever possible.
I have Nitto Ridge Grapplers. If you notice all of the other vehicles were caked as well. It was just from the creek bed that we were following. As soon as we got back into more solid terrain they cleared themselves. I left there with little to no mud on my paint.
Sponsored