Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GS Corvette, 2023 Heritage Limited Edition
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Greetings,

I recently had bumpers installed. I have the tire carrier as well and this required a longer mini coax cable for the backup camera.
After the install, all the cameras were working properly. They worked for the rest of the day and the next morning. Then they all stopped working. It worked for a split second afterwards and then stopped and hasnā€™t worked since.

1. Would the extended mini coax cable (via LOD Off-road) for the rear camera cause the cameras to stop working?
2. Could a low battery charge (parasitic draw) cause them to stop working? Installer charged battery to ensure it wasnā€™t an issue.
3. Could a mis-aligned camera cause them to stop working?

Installer retraced his steps on the wiring.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Sponsored

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Could have a bad cable or have exceeded the bend radius as it is fiber optic. Have you tried changing the camera views to see if it is one camera or all of them?

pillar406

Outer Banks
First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.keeseemotorcompany.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Greetings,

I recently had bumpers installed. I have the tire carrier as well and this required a longer mini coax cable for the backup camera.
After the install, all the cameras were working properly. They worked for the rest of the day and the next morning. Then they all stopped working. It worked for a split second afterwards and then stopped and hasnā€™t worked since.

1. Would the extended mini coax cable (via LOD Off-road) for the rear camera cause the cameras to stop working?
2. Could a low battery charge (parasitic draw) cause them to stop working? Installer charged battery to ensure it wasnā€™t an issue.
3. Could a mis-aligned camera cause them to stop working?

Installer retraced his steps on the wiring.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Anytime you disconnect any of the cameras, you should do the 360 degree camera alignment. I've seen some vehicles be fine without it and then others that have problems. I always recommend just doing it to be on the safe side. Also if you send me your VIN in a message I can pull it up on PTS and see if there's a specific DTC.

OP
OP
origiNOLE

origiNOLE

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Could have a bad cable or have exceeded the bend radius as it is fiber optic. Have you tried changing the camera views to see if it is one camera or all of them?
Thank you. I sent to installer. Will see what he says.

OP
OP
origiNOLE

origiNOLE

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Anytime you disconnect any of the cameras, you should do the 360 degree camera alignment. I've seen some vehicles be fine without it and then others that have problems. I always recommend just doing it to be on the safe side. Also if you send me your VIN in a message I can pull it up on PTS and see if there's a specific DTC.
Message sent!

Sponsored

Chrome_Pony

Badlands
First Name
Chrome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2.3L Badlands High, 2017 LWN Duramax Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How do you do the alignment procedure? If it's dependent on parking lot lines, I'm stuck, since Alaska is frozen right now.

pillar406

Outer Banks
First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.keeseemotorcompany.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

How do you do the alignment procedure? If it's dependent on parking lot lines, I'm stuck, since Alaska is frozen right now.
It depends on the year. Usually before 2021 you need a special mat that Ford
if it has the 360 camera it has to be done with FDRS or possibly with forscan. I've only ever used FDRS. It requires the vehicle to be driven over 45mph until the cameras are aligned. If it doesn't have 360 camera, its just a LIN initialization again through FDRS and possibly FORSCAN. I don't know all the functionality of Forscan as I am a tech for Ford and the only thing I've used Forscan for was to stop A/S/S.

subnetangel

Badlands
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Would it be linked to the IPMA Lane Departure Warning System Camera Calibration? If so FORScan has that but have not tried it
Sponsored