Sponsored

5 weeks UPDATE! New engine and turbos are here!!!

Lance103222

First Edition
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F250, 2019 Mustang Bullitt
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
UPDATE! The new motor and turbos was just delivered to my Dealer's Service Department!

It has been nearly five weeks since my 2.7 Bronco First Edition suffered a catastrophic engine failure. As I write this, no engine replacement has arrived. Ford is paying for a much lesser grade vehicle as a rental until my Bronco FE is repaired. It really chaps the backside that I am making top dollar payments on a loaded Bronco First Edition, but I am driving a bare bones Ram “Custom.” Even if the engine mysteriously arrives tomorrow, it will be sometime next week before it would be ready to roll.

Ford Motor is not even offering service credit, nothing for the inconvenience of receiving a faulty engine while paying for a handsomely equipped vehicle but driving a bare bones truck. (Nothing against work trucks, but I am making payments on a loaded/lux Bronco) Shame on you Ford Motor Co. I waited over 430 days for my reservation/order to come in, your Corporate Customer Care leaves a whole lot to be desired.

I love my Bronco, but I am really disenfranchised with Ford Motor Co.
Sponsored

Last edited:

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It has been nearly five weeks since my 2.7 Bronco First Edition suffered a catastrophic engine failure. As I write this, no engine replacement has arrived. Ford is paying for a much lesser grade vehicle as a rental until my Bronco FE is repaired. It really chaps the backside that I am making top dollar payments on a loaded Bronco First Edition, but I am driving a bare bones Ram “Custom.” Even if the engine mysteriously arrives tomorrow, it will be sometime next week before it would be ready to roll.

Ford Motor is not even offering service credit, nothing for the inconvenience of receiving a faulty engine while paying for a handsomely equipped vehicle but driving a bare bones truck. (Nothing against work trucks, but I am making payments on a loaded/lux Bronco) Shame on you Ford Motor Co. I waited over 430 days for my reservation/order to come in, your Corporate Customer Care leaves a whole lot to be desired.

I love my Bronco, but I am really disenfranchised with Ford Motor Co.
I remember reading your post had no idea it was that long ago. Sucks

abbydiver

Outer Banks
First Name
Meagan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 - 4DR OBX A51
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Mine was towed Sunday and this my worst fear…… picked it up Friday and now I’m driving a Nissan rental that I hate.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
That bites - you paid for a new functioning vehicle - not to have issues. Although does your 1974 Bronco run? Other than highway usage, I'd probably have more fun with that.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Mine was towed Sunday and this my worst fear…… picked it up Friday and now I’m driving a Nissan rental that I hate.
I see yours is a 2.3 22 did your engine blow

Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Bro I feel for you, this is the ultimate in suck. But you realize you can update one of your many existing posts right? Can even update the subject to show you have something new to say.

OP
OP
Lance103222

Lance103222

First Edition
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F250, 2019 Mustang Bullitt
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
That bites - you paid for a new functioning vehicle - not to have issues. Although does your 1974 Bronco run? Other than highway usage, I'd probably have more fun with that.
The 74 still runs like a Champ! It doesn't have the gusto of the new motors but that 302 has never failed. It was originally my Dad's. So I know its history from day one.

IMG_2349.jpg

abbydiver

Outer Banks
First Name
Meagan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 - 4DR OBX A51
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I see yours is a 2.3 22 did your engine blow
Bless it. I hope not. Error messages and warnings at 190 miles. Unable to shift out of 2H and barely able to physically turn the wheel after cranking up the next day at 390, followed by a Powertrain Malfunction/Reduce Power alert in the app.

JimL

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

That's unacceptable. I've been a Ford customer for 43 years, but honestly they've pissed away most of my brand loyalty, the way they've been handling issues like this. They should be kissing your arse; covering your payments until the vehicle you purchased is back in your hands; giving you 2x/week status calls. They should have had a replacement engine on a truck the next day. I agree: Shame on you, Ford.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The word you are looking for is "disenchanted" not disenfranchised.

Sponsored

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Bless it. I hope not. Error messages and warnings at 190 miles. Unable to shift out of 2H and barely able to physically turn the wheel after cranking up the next day at 390, followed by a Powertrain Malfunction/Reduce Power alert in the app.
Sorry to hear hope they get you back in your bronco quick sounds like might be something like loose fuse panel or electrical

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It has been nearly five weeks since my 2.7 Bronco First Edition suffered a catastrophic engine failure.
I'm not saying you Would sell the Bronco back to this dealer...but just curious about whether this has come up in conversation....what you think their response would be if you attempted to trigger the CA Lemon Law?

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If you would rather Ford just buy it back, I'm pretty sure once it has been in the shop for thirty days, it qualifies as a lemon. You'd never get another first edition though.

Calm horse

Big Bend
First Name
MO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 f150 king ranch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The 74 still runs like a Champ! It doesn't have the gusto of the new motors but that 302 has never failed. It was originally my Dad's. So I know its history from day one.

Ford Bronco 5 weeks UPDATE! New engine and turbos are here!!! IMG_2349
Wow...that is absolutely beautiful
Sponsored