First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If it were mine, I would not try to correct the brown spots myself. Let the dealer do it.
I wouldn't trust the dealer with this. I'd attempt (as others here suggested) chemical decontamination/iron remover followed by clay bar on an out-of-sight spot (after watching some pros do it on YouTube). Don't forget to apply some paint protection over the places you used the iron remover.

If you're not comfortable with 'prosumer' detailing, find a higher end detailer with good reviews and references.
Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Love the Bronco and glad it's treating you well!

Not sure if anyone else mentioned this, but there's a product from Autoglym called "Magma" - It removes brake dust and iron, which can cause specs like you described. It almost looks like rust. A buddy of mine uses this on his black vehicle and swears by it - You can find it at Canadian Tire. Might be worth a shot, as that'd be a simple, easy fix if that was the issue.

OP
OP
Thomas1984

Thomas1984

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Viper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Beautiful tire rim set up. Just a quick question though, did you get the Sasquatch package and then change them out? Or did you get the standard 33‘s and switch them out? I can’t tell from the lift versus your tires. Beautiful scenic pictures as well. I love you you’re taking your bronco.
Came with standard 33’s, it’s the standard badlands. No rubbing with 35’s

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Some are white spots others are white forming into brown spots
If it’s on the hood it’s cortisone. Aluminum “rust” turns an opaque white color. Ford has a history of issues with aluminum panel finish. In this case I would almost bet there was steel contamination prior to painting the hood. That would account for what is going on.

AMK610

Big Bend
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM 1500 Rebel
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I wouldn't trust the dealer with this. I'd attempt (as others here suggested) chemical decontamination/iron remover followed by clay bar on an out-of-sight spot (after watching some pros do it on YouTube). Don't forget to apply some paint protection over the places you used the iron remover.

If you're not comfortable with 'prosumer' detailing, find a higher end detailer with good reviews and references.
100% agreed. I’d never trust a dealership to detail my car either. I’d bet they don’t even know what rail dust is and would end up submitting a warranty claim to ford, when all of this could be fixed for about $15 and a few minutes of OP’s time lol

Sponsored

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not sure if its the same thing but our 19 wrangler has bubbling paint around the hinges door are aluminum ,its a common problem.

ohvrider

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've heard of other cars needing the battery trick to fix electronics too. I guess its like Ctrl-Alt-Del on a PC (or power cycling if that doesn't work).

The bronco's are mostly steel, I think only doors, hood have aluminum?

Its the F150's that are all Aluminum.

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Had my bronco over a month and I am enjoying every minute, well built, nice to drive compared to a jeep, lots of power from the v6, plenty of room, electronics work well only thing I had happen was the 12” screen stopped working I gad to disconnect the negative battery terminal, it never happened since, I reported it to the dealer, another thing is spots forming on my hood and fenders that looks like rust, I just got back from the dealer they took pictures to be sent off for a decision. It’s ridiculous why is a vehicle rusting already? I thought these broncos we’re made from aluminum. I attached some pictures. Other than that it’s been a blast!

Don't know if this has been answered yet or not, have not read this whole thread. The rust spots are what we called environmental fallout. It is minor rust particles from shipping on the train, etc. The dealership detail department knows what to do about it. Really, should have been handled before you took delivery. Just throwing this out there, if you don't already have more info.

The REAL Zemaniak

First Name
PaddyO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK2D
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Noticed your photos with top off: assuming you’re not using the soft top

Was wondering how much of a hassle, if any, is taking off and putting back on the hard top? And Can this be done by 1 person ?

OP
OP
Thomas1984

Thomas1984

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Viper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Noticed your photos with top off: assuming you’re not using the soft top

Was wondering how much of a hassle, if any, is taking off and putting back on the hard top? And Can this be done by 1 person ?
I can remove the 3 front panels myself and remove the bolts for the back cap, but removing the rear cap requires two people, not heavy but awkward to lift, I did it once but I won’t risk it again because it’s tricky, so two people is required to not risk breaking something.

Sponsored

skater777

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the photos. The black looks great on the Badlands with the MIC roof. Perfect blend of black and gray. It wasn't necessary for you to tell us how much you like the Bronco, as you have already driven more miles in a month than I have driven all year! Enjoy!

lasttj

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep TJ, '16 Ford F150, '65 VW Beetle
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

But if the damage was caused while the vehicle was being transported, the correction should be covered by the warranty. If he tries to correct it himself and does more damage, he's screwed. Just my two cents.

Mcfly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Those wheels are bad ass - best pics I’ve seen so far for wheel upgrades - I’d swap out for those in a heartbeat.

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Was your BL stock or Sas? Did you add lift or plan to?

MOrunning04

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had tiny little spots on my white F150 and it was brake dust. Hopefully that’s all it is.
Sponsored