Sponsored

First impressions, interrior and dash quality, engine bay.

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
  • Banned
Today I visited a local dealer to check out a demo they just got in, 2-door Outer Banks. I paid particular attention to the common complaints on this forum, interior quality, dash, headroom, engine bay. My first impression of the interior was seriously how can anyone fault this? For me the interior especially the dash is a home run grand slam when it comes to modern vehicles. Everything is nicely textured and fits well. The switchgear feels and works well. I especially like how the dash top is textured and colored to contrast with the rest of the dash. Sure its plastic folks like Every Other vehicle what do you expect cast iron? I'm impressed with the interior and my last two vehicles are Toyota and Mazda not exactly known to be garbage. I applaud Ford for resisting the temptation to appease the automotive press in Rio Linda and use soft touch everywhere! Soft touch is the first to deteriorate especially if you park in the sun everyday. I too was disappointed when I saw pics of the engine bay, but it looks fine in the flesh. This one was the 2.3L and there is a lot more room and accessibility than appears in the pics. Overall after seeing it in the flesh I'm even more excited to get my Bronco.
Sponsored

harperrb

Wildtrak
First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Today I visited a local dealer to check out a demo they just got in, 2-door Outer Banks. I paid particular attention to the common complaints on this forum, interior quality, dash, headroom, engine bay. My first impression of the interior was seriously how can anyone fault this? For me the interior especially the dash is a home run grand slam when it comes to modern vehicles. Everything is nicely textured and fits well. The switchgear feels and works well. I especially like how the dash top is textured and colored to contrast with the rest of the dash. Sure its plastic folks like Every Other vehicle what do you expect cast iron? I'm impressed with the interior and my last two vehicles are Toyota and Mazda not exactly known to be garbage. I applaud Ford for resisting the temptation to appease the automotive press in Rio Linda and use soft touch everywhere! Soft touch is the first to deteriorate especially if you park in the sun everyday. I too was disappointed when I saw pics of the engine bay, but it looks fine in the flesh. This one was the 2.3L and there is a lot more room and accessibility than appears in the pics. Overall after seeing it in the flesh I'm even more excited to get my Bronco.
The 2.7 is the nuts bay.

Everyone who drives a Ford King Ranch expects a Bronco King Ranch. "But, where, may I ask, is the in-lay? Where is muh mahogany?"

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I just had 6 hours seat time in the Bronco at Off Roadeo. I was more than okay with the interior. I especially liked the dash. Least impressive was the center console plastic, but I can live with it. Steering wheel and controls were nice to the touch. The cabin layout with convenient controls placement was well thought out.
69BB582C-A395-4FD0-8DBF-3F075C49F814.jpeg
2EC6C2B9-037D-4B73-9A75-66BABDB79CDD.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
markregel

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
  • Banned
The 2.7 is the nuts bay.

Everyone who drives a Ford King Ranch expects a Bronco King Ranch. "But, where, may I ask, is the in-lay? Where is muh mahogany?"
I just never been impressed by that kind of stuff. People forget you don't have to spend $60K on a Bronco.

harperrb

Wildtrak
First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So far the only thing that bothers me about the interior is the steering wheel center. It's weird tumorous and bulbous horn area. I'm sure there's an engineering reason. But I'm also sure there was an engineering solution to not-that.

Sponsored

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So far the only thing that bothers me about the interior is the steering wheel center. It's weird tumorous and bulbous horn area. I'm sure there's an engineering reason. But I'm also sure there was an engineering solution to not-that.
It’s like that because of the airbag.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You mean the air-bag?

Sascrotch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetpack
Your Bronco Model
Base
Gotta agree with OP. I went and sat in a 2-door last week at the lot and came away with a big smile on my face. It was simple, functional, and looked decent. What more do you need?

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My take exactly!

Sponsored

Quinn_the_eskimo

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 Jeep Scrambler, 2021 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I also stopped by my local dealer - Bell Rd. Ford today to have a look at their demo 4dr soft top Big Bend. I had originally reserved that trim, but made some changes after buying my Gladiator - moved up to OBX, dropped SAS package, added lux.

Anyway, funny story - they had three delivered this week. Someone backed the demo into a charging station, and another, an owned vehicle, into another car on the lot.

My quick thoughts -
Pros: more room in the front seats than I was expecting based on feedback here. I'm 6'7" and it was roomy compared to the Gladiator. Back seats about the same. Plenty of head room. I liked the body style. No leaks from the soft top - we've been having gully-washers all day today. Tech was pretty good overall. Interior quality about the same as my Gladiator in terms of plastic and cloth feel.

Cons: not much room in the way back. Comparable to my previous Rav4. I absolutely hated the manual. Not a fan of the short throw, so I'm glad I reserved an automatic. I'm used to floor shifters from my CJ, gotta have some arm movements. Also didn't like the reverse mechanism.

It's going to be a tight call whenever my reservation comes up. I would lean towards the Bronco if it can get better mileage than my Mojave, and if I'm truly impressed by the lux package.