Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Yep, Siberians are fantastic hunters. Birds, opossums, rats, rabbits, skunks. Not so good at rattlesnakes. Unfortunately, I lost 3 dogs from secondary poisoning :mad: 😢 because if it was in the yard they would kill it & eat some of it. Again, not so much for rattlesnakes, thankfully we got the boy through that before losing him to a cancer 2 years later 😢

Please don't use poison, I've lost 3 dogs from secondary poisoning see above post. Not sure what the autoloaders is but a dunk the rat trap works pretty good. Feral cats are great if you have some property.
I use the term autoloader because it's not a trap you have to reset. They walk on the flap on the lid to get to the peanut butter and they drop in when they get at the end flap near the food.
Sponsored

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I use the term autoloader because it's not a trap you have to reset. They walk on the flap on the lid to get to the peanut butter and they drop in when they get at the end flap near the food.
So it's basically a walk the plank / dunk the rat type. I had one out in my aviary and was working for a little while but took too much room (big trash can) with everything else in there. I would do feral cats but they would go after the birds which would save me a bit of trouble :unsure:

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

So it's basically a walk the plank / dunk the rat type. I had one out in my aviary and was working for a little while but took too much room (big trash can) with everything else in there. I would do feral cats but they would go after the birds which would save me a bit of trouble :unsure:
It's not perfect but I originally bought one for the storage garage that only gets checked monthly. It worked pretty well there so I bought one for outside to catch the gophers since I had to try and teach them to swim first before letting them go ;) and then reset the trap. I'd get as much as 10 gophers in a day. By putting water in it, it saves me a couple of steps and lot's of time. I'm still not very successful in teaching them to swim, but it keeps them from destroying the garden and rock wall!

shoptb2277

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 2d 7M
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is horrible, and I can absolutely relate to the experience. Three years ago, some band of mice found their way into my classic Mercedes and proceeded to chew at the wires and make nests of the HVAC system. The mice then proceeded to die at some point, and reaching their decaying bodies would have been a $10K+ expense. The smell..... 🤢

Needless to say, anything you can do to prevent this from starting is money ahead.

jd-ford-hd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘16 Explorer, ‘13 F150, ‘99 F350, '74 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Reading this thread made me jump up and go out to the shop to check the trap there. Pic shows what I found just now.! I make my own bucket traps and have them placed everywhere. Coat hanger thru a gatorade bottle with PVC spacers to keep the bottle centered. Peanut butter and 5 inches of water. Other pics show what was behind the 2.3 air box on my Badlands when I changed the filter the other day.!
Ford Bronco Raccoon and mice invade Bronco engine bay 20240223_162154
Ford Bronco Raccoon and mice invade Bronco engine bay 20240123_102414
Ford Bronco Raccoon and mice invade Bronco engine bay 20240123_101825
Sponsored