Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco 2door, 2012 Raptor, 2017 f350
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've had mice in the past, but have more issues with bird nests. My super duty gets nests on top of the turbo every spring. We'll tear it out and half an hour later it's rebuilt.
We've tried traps, predator statues, bb gun(my personal favorite). Found that leaving the hood ajar dissuades the little Mothers.... I've also hears steel wool works well. We put moth balls and alcohol or bleach soaked cotton balls all over our toy hauler.
Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I think I read in a past thread regarding rodent deterrence was to use peppermint oil.
It helps but you need to do it often. They make an automatic drip version.

Bronc’n Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
See that a lot here in Washington state. Dryer sheets every couple months tucked around the engine compartment works well.
Long story short - I have to leave my Bronco parked outside when at home. It is a 2021 Bronco base 2-door, 2.3 liter, manual tranny. I live in Connecticut, sort of in the country. I have taken steps to combat the mice and have trapped many. It never ends, but that's ok. Not the point of this thread though. Just wondering...what have you Bronco owners seen/done concerning mice? Would love to hear Bronco mice stories. Thanks!

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Long story short - I have to leave my Bronco parked outside when at home. It is a 2021 Bronco base 2-door, 2.3 liter, manual tranny. I live in Connecticut, sort of in the country. I have taken steps to combat the mice and have trapped many. It never ends, but that's ok. Not the point of this thread though. Just wondering...what have you Bronco owners seen/done concerning mice? Would love to hear Bronco mice stories. Thanks!
I would use glue traps around your home (in a box so pets don't get stuck) and then, once a month, you spray the entire engine bay down with diluted pure peppermint oil. Yeah...peppermint oil.

Sponsored

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am a long time RV'er and have been on many RV owner groups. Mice is a constant problem. From all I have read and done myself; soap shavings does not work, dryer sheets do not work. Peppermint oil does! I would also use some trapping method away from where you park the vehicles. You want to trap them away and use a deterrent to keep them out. Poisons; you must be careful... if a dog or cat gets hold of an infected rat/mouse and eats it...the pet will die too.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Seal bird seed in containers. Add a couple mouse killer blocks. Spray with peppermint oil. Allow neighbor's cat to roam freely.

SparK

Badlands
First Name
Karlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had a squirrel in my explorer engine compartment once...ate a wire....not fun...

You can try the Irish spring soap, dryer sheets, steel wool, or apple cider vinegar. I did a bowl of apple cider vinegar under my car left the hood closed and it was gone by morning when I had to have it towed in for repair.

There are also in engine bay sonic repellents.
https://a.co/d/eKPp12h
My neighbor uses one and she hasn't had problems since.

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
All the sponsored ads in the app are for pest control now 😆

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had two mice get into my intake and into the engine. They ran around inside the motor until they were completely exhausted .

Sponsored

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I keep mice bait in the enclosed traps in the garage and shed. They eat and go away...

Not sure about outside country and / or how to protect pets.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think I read in a past thread regarding rodent deterrence was to use peppermint oil.
Martha Stewart called - She wants her ingredients back.

JL8jeff

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2door base Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
I park the Bronco in the garage and so far I've caught 10 mice since mid Nov with the good old snap traps. I was worried they might get to the wiring in the truck so I'll keep trapping them. Gouda and peanut butter has been working well so far.

brkdncr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I live in a rural area and the only thing that seems to work is keeping your hood open. They don’t like that for some reason.

I would put non-attractant traps inside. The only thing worse than a dead mouse/rat is a live one.
Sponsored