First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So this happened yesterday. Had just hit 25k miles on my '22 Badlands Bronco. Pulled into a rest area. Shut the vehicle off. Was gone at most 5 minutes and walked out to see black smoke pouring out of the hood. Fire was contained to the engine bay until the flames were so high the hard top caught fire, and the rest is history. Fire department was unable to determine cause. Up until this point, I have had zero issues with the vehicle. Sad day...

Update: it's a 2.7 Auto

20230502_164301.jpg

20230502_171329.jpg

20230502_171658.jpg

20230502_172029.jpg

20230502_171910.jpg
So, a bit of an update. Insurance could not determine cause of the fire. Also, got a build date for my replacement Bronco this morning. It's scheduled to be built the week of July 17.

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So, a bit of an update. Insurance could not determine cause of the fire. Also, got a build date for my replacement Bronco this morning. It's scheduled to be built the week of July 17.

They gonna make you whole with the replacement cost?

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah I doubt that. I've never seen insurance make anyone whole unless it was a law suite and you get millions:)

OP
OP

KRoyal080

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Pretty much losing my butt on upgrades and after
I'm coming out ahead on the bronco, but losing my butt on my add-ons. And erasing 25k miles... 🤷🏼‍♂️

Sponsored

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I'm coming out ahead on the bronco, but losing my butt on my add-ons. And erasing 25k miles... 🤷🏼‍♂️
Fair trade off . Lemonade from Lemons a little bit.

NightShade

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F150, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Gap insurance, my credit union offered it for $8/month into my payment. Small enough to offer good peace of mind, you may want to think about it on your do-over... glad you're ok!

OP
OP

KRoyal080

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Gap insurance, my credit union offered it for $8/month into my payment. Small enough to offer good peace of mind, you may want to think about it on your do-over... glad you're ok!
I have gap. Didn't need it. Owed less than what they valued my bronco.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Did gap's definition change? My understanding was it was the difference between your loan, basically making sure that your loan gets paid irregardless of what the value of the vehicle is.

It has nothing to do with replacement costs are making sure your whole... Or in my case with a Bronco paid off, It's not even available.

Or is there some new version of GAP?

OP
OP

KRoyal080

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did gap's definition change? My understanding was it was the difference between your loan, basically making sure that your loan gets paid irregardless of what the value of the vehicle is.

It has nothing to do with replacement costs are making sure your whole... Or in my case with a Bronco paid off, It's not even available.

I had gap. But it wasn't needed because the amount the adjuster valued my bronco was higher than what was owed on the vehicle.

Sponsored

85crawlrunner

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It’s the accessories that aren’t insured. I’ve added roughly $30k of extra coverage for accessories on my policy for a nominal increase on monthly costs.
I figure that if I get totaled or even ruin some of the more expensive accessories they’re now covered.

From my understanding, if I roll the thing in Moab, my coverage will cover it all and not just the vehicle in its stock state.

OP
OP

KRoyal080

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s the accessories that aren’t insured. I’ve added roughly $30k of extra coverage for accessories on my policy for a nominal increase on monthly costs.
I figure that if I get totaled or even ruin some of the more expensive accessories they’re now covered.

From my understanding, if I roll the thing in Moab, my coverage will cover it all and not just the vehicle in its stock state.
Mine were covered, but not nearly to that extent unfortunately. Live and learn... 🤷🏼‍♂️

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Your understanding of GAP coverage is spot on. Where it’s really needed is on vehicles with high depreciation rates (such as Range Rover) that are leased or purchased with little or no down payment. Most car insurance companies offer this coverage for $60-$80/year and can be removed at any point in time. Several auto finance arms (such as Acura, MBZ, & BMW) include GAP in their leases. There are a small few auto finance arms that don’t offer GAP whatsoever.

dragon6172

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had a 2014 Escape that burned to the ground from an engine bay fire. It had been parked for 8 hours, I got home at 4pm and the fire was at midnight. Luckily I live fairly close to a fire station and it was put out before the fire reached the interior.

Never found out what caused it, but I suspect it was electrical. It did convince me that I will never park a vehicle in a garage, especially an attached garage.
Sponsored