Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is a disgrace. How does Ford not have the manpower to immediately start working with dealers and customers on making things right when something this unusual happens?

OP
OP
MAFD

MAFD

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 BMW 328i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

UPDATE #3

Its officially more than 3 weeks since the hail storm occurred and here are the updates:

1) Dealer originally mentioned that they reached out to their Ford Rep who will be able to expedite this and get a new one built as soon as possible.

2) Unfortunately, the dealer later changed positions and is now saying that the damaged did not warrant a new vehicle and the Bronco will be "fixed" because the damage did not exceed $1,000 per Ford policy.

3) Another Bronco in the same lot also got hail damage and was able to get a new VIN# last week. Somehow mine and others are "fixable"

4) When I asked the dealer if the Hard Top has been replaced, they said no since it would go over the $1,000 threshold. How can you have a hail damaged vehicle and not replace the hardtop? Are they trying to spend as little as possible to circumvent their own $1,000 policy?

5) They have not provided any documentation of the damage of the vehicle nor a receipt of how much they spent to "fix" the issues.

6) The dealership does not know where is the vehicle or when it will arrive.

7) The dealership is forcing me to call customer service and customer service is forcing me to contact the dealership. No one is able to help at all.

8) When I asked if I can decline the damaged Bronco and submit a new order, they said NO

9) When I asked if they can provide some concession to appease some of my valid concerns, they basically said.....take it or leave it. No my problem!

By the way, there are other in the same unfortunate boat as I am and they have been told the same thing.

Incredible......

555-RGNE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Basequatch 2dr 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
"8) When I asked if I can decline the damaged Bronco and submit a new order, they said NO"
That dealership is so FOS that it's likely coming out of their ears. Just walk, go to another dealership, and order a new one. There is no way in hell they can force you to take a vehicle you ordered. If that was the case, it would mean that order holders "own" the vehicle before the actual purchase transaction, which would make all of the surprise ADM add-ons moot. Tell your dealership to EAD and just ignore them. No way in hell I'd take a half-ass patched Bronco that miraculously went from totaled to "less than $1,000 in damage".

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just check it out when it comes in and see how it looks. If it just needed PDR i think i would be OK with it instead of starting the process over again.

Sponsored
OP
OP
MAFD

MAFD

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 BMW 328i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

"8) When I asked if I can decline the damaged Bronco and submit a new order, they said NO"
That dealership is so FOS that it's likely coming out of their ears. Just walk, go to another dealership, and order a new one. There is no way in hell they can force you to take a vehicle you ordered. If that was the case, it would mean that order holders "own" the vehicle before the actual purchase transaction, which would make all of the surprise ADM add-ons moot. Tell your dealership to EAD and just ignore them. No way in hell I'd take a half-ass patched Bronco that miraculously went from totaled to "less than $1,000 in damage".
I can't get over this miraculous adjustment from totaled to less than $1,000 in damage.

The whole mystery, lack of communication only feeds my assumptions that they are doing everything they can to stay below $1,000 whatever means necessary.

Otherwise, they would be open and honest.

OP
OP
MAFD

MAFD

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 BMW 328i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

UPDATE #4 @Ford Motor Company

Its now 4 weeks and there has been absolutely no updates from Ford:

With the help of other members in the same position as me, we found something interesting:

- First of all, we have all been told multiple times our vehicles are Category F after the hail storm. I even confirmed my self today (07/05/22).

Now, per Ford Policy:

" Category F Definition: Vehicles incurring auction level damage repairs in excess of $1000.00 precluding sale as a new vehicle, but repairable for sale as a quality used vehicle at auction"

Only category A vehicles can be sold as new:

" Category A Definition: Vehicles that can be repaired and sold as new and warranted. The following conditions must apply:
- Auction Level Damage repairs must not exceed $1000.00 US and Canada.
- No Cut or Weld repairs.
- No compromising damage to functional components. "

Here is the Ford Rail and Haulaway Vehicle Handling Manual (Page 56)

https://fsp.portal.covisint.com/doc...88437-bd2a-4205-b19f-0bc748aafc94?version=1.0

So here are our questions:

1) Why is a vehicle that has been categorized as F, being repaired and sold as new?

2) If the argument is that the category was changed, then why is a vehicle that has been categorized as F with damage in excess of $1,000 be now magically changed to another category after the fact?

I have reached out to the dealer, customer service, customer support, @Ford Motor Company and no one has been able to answer these questions.

Still waiting of a logical explanation......

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

UPDATE #3

Its officially more than 3 weeks since the hail storm occurred and here are the updates:

1) Dealer originally mentioned that they reached out to their Ford Rep who will be able to expedite this and get a new one built as soon as possible.

2) Unfortunately, the dealer later changed positions and is now saying that the damaged did not warrant a new vehicle and the Bronco will be "fixed" because the damage did not exceed $1,000 per Ford policy.

3) Another Bronco in the same lot also got hail damage and was able to get a new VIN# last week. Somehow mine and others are "fixable"

4) When I asked the dealer if the Hard Top has been replaced, they said no since it would go over the $1,000 threshold. How can you have a hail damaged vehicle and not replace the hardtop? Are they trying to spend as little as possible to circumvent their own $1,000 policy?

5) They have not provided any documentation of the damage of the vehicle nor a receipt of how much they spent to "fix" the issues.

6) The dealership does not know where is the vehicle or when it will arrive.

7) The dealership is forcing me to call customer service and customer service is forcing me to contact the dealership. No one is able to help at all.

8) When I asked if I can decline the damaged Bronco and submit a new order, they said NO

9) When I asked if they can provide some concession to appease some of my valid concerns, they basically said.....take it or leave it. No my problem!

By the way, there are other in the same unfortunate boat as I am and they have been told the same thing.

Incredible......
I understand you wanting the hardtop replaced, however Ford is still on the hook for it as this will still be titled as a new vehicle and any issues that crop up with the hard top SHOULD be covered under warranty.

just be sure to do your own through inspection of the hard top when you take delivery.

OP
OP
MAFD

MAFD

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 BMW 328i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

UPDATE # 5 @Ford Motor Company

- The vehicles have arrived at the dealership with a note inside (see below).
- Vehicle has been categorized as F
- Ford wants to sell the vehicles as NEW
- Ford does not want to submit an expedited order.
- Per Ford Policy (Page 93):

"Category F Definition: Vehicles incurring auction level damage repairs in excess of $1000.00 precluding sale as a new vehicle, but repairable for sale as a quality used vehicle at auction."

Also, per Ford Policy (Page 93):

Ford Bronco Devastated...2yr old reservation, total loss from hail storm right before delivery 1657391571658

Ford Bronco Devastated...2yr old reservation, total loss from hail storm right before delivery 1657391353172

At this point, this is borderline illegal let alone unethical. Its the principle that bothers me at this point.

This is just wrong and anyone with 2 sets of eyes can agree.

Last edited:

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At this point, this is borderline illegal let alone unethical. Its the principle that bothers me at this point.

This is just wrong and anyone with 2 sets of eyes can agree.
It’s obvious that you’re disappointed. If I felt as strongly about this as you do, I would personally walk away. Have you decided what you’re going to do?

Sponsored
OP
OP
MAFD

MAFD

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 BMW 328i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s obvious that you’re disappointed. If I felt as strongly about this as you do, I would personally walk away. Have you decided what you’re going to do?
Walking away is always an option. But unless people speak up, what is stopping them to do the same to you or any other customer.

Sometimes customers have to speak up for a change.

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Alex, do you have anything in writing documenting that this is a category F vehicle?

OP
OP
MAFD

MAFD

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 BMW 328i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Alex, do you have anything in writing documenting that this is a category F vehicle?
Yes, confirmation in writing from the dealership and Ford Chat which is why I'm completely surprised they are not following their own policy.

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, confirmation in writing from the dealership and Ford Chat which is why I'm completely surprised they are not following their own policy.
I would feel exactly the same as you. How far up the Ford food chain have you gotten? Have you spoken directly to the regional rep?

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Walking away is always an option. But unless people speak up, what is stopping them to do the same to you or any other customer.

Sometimes customers have to speak up for a change.
I understand that’s an option, but you still haven’t answered the question.

If you can’t yet say what you’re going to do, can you at least tell us what the deadline is for your decision?
Sponsored