Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Volkswagen Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Rear dome light upgrade was a must for me. I held off until my Bronco came to see if the lighting was really as bad as mentioned here, and ordered it after my first night trying to look in the back seat.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
As mentioned, the #1 thing to get after your purchase is mudflaps, because the Bronco's wheels run far outside a traditional wheel well, and ping rocks off your body panels. I then purchased a set of take-off tube steps for around $100, for additional protection from rock throwing, and to assist some regular guests in getting in (will eventually be replaced with some sliders). To me this is $175 well spent for a lot of people, and I suspect I could maybe get $50-75 back for my steps when if I move on from them. I've added a few niceties after 15K miles, but nothing I'd consider essential.
With hindsight being 20/20, if I purchased a Bronco again, the first $50-100 I'd spend would be on mudflaps.

Last edited:

colonelburke

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Dezperado

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Are these plug and play or do I need an amp? Says they also fit in the roll bar. Plug and play there as well? Thanks in advance.
Mostly p&p. I put them in both front and rear. You have to snap off two tabs on each speaker for them to fit (not uncommon). The dash speakers housing also has a thin plastic guide stem that needs to be snapped off. They are not necessary if you ever decide to put original speakers back in. The Bronco head unit limits the signal sent to the rears, treating them as tweaters only. This can be changed with a Forscan device. There are a few great threads on this forum regarding speaker upgrades… videos included, so you can see what is involved.

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

None of what you mentioned is needed for regular driving. Most people do not keep a fire extinguisher in their car. For those who go off road, sure, but not just to roll around town. Nor does everyone need straps or anything else. Again, those who wheel or know they plan to, do.

Already see far too many mall crawlers with $2K Warn winches that have never been wound out. Why? Because some YouTuber or for a “look”. And I’m really tired of guys with these looks with no intention of actually doing. This behavior creates scarcity of key goods and drives up the price of everything; another word for this is “inflation!” The OP didn’t say a word about wheeling and the cosmetic items are a personal choice.

Telling everyone to somehow become, or look like the friendly neighborhood fireman, without being a fireman or even having the will or knowledge to actually help someone who may be in need is a problem.

So, in effort to keep such essentials in stock for the people who actually need and will or can use them, let’s all stop encouraging everyone to buy up all of the essentials just to have them.

Nothing I said was off. Figure out what you’ll do with your new toy first, go out there and see what you have the stomach for, then buy what you need.

Just makes sense man, and it saves money.
This is likely one of those things that we can agree to disagree on.

I'm not suggesting everyone should be a "fireman" - Being prepared has nothing to do with trying to be a hero. It's helping others out in need, especially when time may be of the essence and you have the ability to help one another. I'm not recommending someone take a basic first aid kit and try to do surgery on someone.

First aid kit and fire extinguisher can be used anywhere - You're telling me you've never been first on scene to a vehicle fire (or other fire) or someone who may have needed first aid? Recovery straps for a car that has landed in the ditch during snowfall or heavy rain? I literally went out in my truck to pull a car out of the ditch near my house a few months back when I saw it get hung up in the ditch from my window.

As for the looks of a vehicle, I'm partially in that camp you mentioned - And it doesn't bother me. Yes, I will do some off-roading, but I am not a hardcore rock crawler or overlander by any means. Do I need all the AUX lights on my truck or rock sliders? Probably not, but it doesn't matter. I love the look of my truck (as do others, based off their comments) and the great thing about the Bronco is you can customize it to make it yours. To some, like me, this is my hobby and I enjoy it - I don't really do anything else so I focus my time and attention on my truck. If I want to add a unicorn horn and eye lashes to the headlights, I will. I haven't seen anyone say they can't find a winch or LED lights because others have purchased them all. 🤷‍♂️

sportcoupe

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not suggesting everyone should be a "fireman" - Being prepared has nothing to do with trying to be a hero. It's helping others out in need, especially when time may be of the essence and you have the ability to help one another. I'm not recommending someone take a basic first aid kit and try to do surgery on someone.

First aid kit and fire extinguisher can be used anywhere - You're telling me you've never been first on scene to a vehicle fire (or other fire) or someone who may have needed first aid? Recovery straps for a car that has landed in the ditch during snowfall or heavy rain? I literally went out in my truck to pull a car out of the ditch near my house a few months back when I saw it get hung up in the ditch from my window.

As for the looks of a vehicle, I'm partially in that camp you mentioned - And it doesn't bother me. Yes, I will do some off-roading, but I am not a hardcore rock crawler or overlander by any means. Do I need all the AUX lights on my truck or rock sliders? Probably not, but it doesn't matter. I love the look of my truck (as do others, based off their comments) and the great thing about the Bronco is you can customize it to make it yours. To some, like me, this is my hobby and I enjoy it - I don't really do anything else so I focus my time and attention on my truck. If I want to add a unicorn horn and eye lashes to the headlights, I will. I haven't seen anyone say they can't find a winch or LED lights because others have purchased them all. 🤷‍♂️
You have no need to defend yourself, I wasn’t taking a shot at you. My point is people buying things for nothing because someone else has it.

I am pretty sure that YOU would stop and help someone. For the record, I do have an extinguisher that I take when off-road, but it doesn’t live in the truck with such limited space, nor does my recovery kit.

Also, everyone should make their rig their own, but how are you doing that when buying stuff everyone else has? You can’t. He and everyone need to figure a few things out on their own; it’s part of the enjoyment of the hobby. Everyone can’t take shortcuts to the top. Working your way up to wherever is just fine; part of the journey.

No one has to rock crawl either, because why? Not sure about full on overlanding, but everyone can go out and enjoy nature. It’s cheap, it’s beautiful, and it’s healthy; good for mind and body and it’s for everyone, no matter what you look like, your politics, everyone.

So, the extinguisher was a joking example and never did I say you were wrong about it, just that everyone doesn’t need it; to start.

BroncoA512021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

A fire extinguisher is required equipment for NYS Parks and County 4x4 beach permits

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Last edited:

Sponsored

colonelburke

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Mostly p&p. I put them in both front and rear. You have to snap off two tabs on each speaker for them to fit (not uncommon). The dash speakers housing also has a thin plastic guide stem that needs to be snapped off. They are not necessary if you ever decide to put original speakers back in. The Bronco head unit limits the signal sent to the rears, treating them as tweaters only. This can be changed with a Forscan device. There are a few great threads on this forum regarding speaker upgrades… videos included, so you can see what is involved.
Thanks for the information. I am looking for a quick fix. A lot of this stereo business has always been beyond me, but I have a guy. However, my guy is not fluent in forscan, and neither am I. I find it particularly frustrating to have to change things in forscan just to improve the sad stereo setup from the factory. Sounds like I can do the front speakers, but will have to find a stereo shop with forscan to do the rest, like other speakers and a sub. I really love this vehicle otherwise. Thanks again, and I apologize for the rant.

Pygar

Wildtrak
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak; 2016 Ford Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I apologize if there’s a post on this already (there probably is), but I’m anticipating my truck in September or October and I’m wondering what the gen pop here thinks are the most important/popular/needed items or accessories to have ready once I take delivery. I’ve seen a lot on screen protectors, rope door handles, dash mounts, etc.

For context, my build is an OBX Sas MIC 4dr 2.7 High

So let’s hear it. What did you buy before you got your ride?

Also, I’m prepared for any newbie/rookie memes you want to throw my way.

JR
If your state requires front license plate, get an aftermarket one and instruct the dealer repeatedly to not install the factory one. Unless you like holes drilled thru your paint.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Another item have I've used on many vehicles, but never so much as the Bronco, is the body panel fasteners and trim tools. Spend $20-30 for 300-600 piece kit vs paying $8 for 4 clips and a trip to the hardware store later.

Random examples:
Amazon.com: 690-piece Car Automotive Push Pin Rivet Trim Clip Panel Body Interior Assortment Retainer Assortment Clips : Automotive

Amazon.com: GOOSLA 1305Pcs Automotive Push Pins Car Plastic Rivets Fasteners Push Retainer Kit 34 Most Popular Sizes Auto Push Pin Rivets Set -Door Trim Panel Fender Clips for GM Ford Honda Chrysler Toyota : Office Products

Erniep27

Badlands
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

😂😂😂 this was an awesome reply 👏🏼
At the end of the day you will see what you need. That’s what I did. I did wish I have gotten the mud flaps sooner before a nasty rock chip got my passenger door 🥲
Sponsored