Sponsored

Taking Delivery of 2D Badlands SAS - help deciding...

OP
OP

AJKitebrder40

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Badlands 2D SAS, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Test drove it today.....and this is coming from someone who's basically driven some sort of Jeep for all but 3 years of my life ('89 XJ, '93 Toyota Pickup 22RE, JKU,JLU). So I'm pretty solidly in favor of Jeeps, never had an issue with one. It rides better, has more pickup, and actually I think is as quiet or quieter than my 4 door JL (both have roof racks). The 7MT is a huge improvement in my opinion over the JL, you know where the clutch is at and it's a nice quick feel. Seats, etc. obviously we know that.

With all of that, I'm sleeping on it trying to decide. It's mainly dropping down to less room, and switching to Ford. The width is still a bit of a concern, but hard to tell until I have it on a trail, that and I'm a a little afraid it won't fit in the garage, or it will be tight (roughly 90" wide garage from what I can tell). Money differential between '21 JLUR trade or sell to Carvana and this one new is roughly $3k, so no issue there.

I would lose the ability to sleep in the vehicle which is nice, but.......I would gain a shorter wheelbase, and there's something about a 2 door vs 4 door. The bike is still a concern, but 99% of the time it's just me and the bike, so I can roll the front seat up and throw it in, or get a bike rack.
Sponsored