Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘17 4Runner, ‘16 BMW 328i, ‘96 Stang GT, ‘19 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

OBX. Sounds like you don’t need marine grade vinyl. Carpet with floor mats and save $2000. Nicer front end imo, and painted fenders, mirrors and door handles.
Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If seats are your main consideration I say just stick with the OBX. Leather seats in most cars today, including the Bronco, really doesn't have much real leather anyway. And, all of the covers have a protective coating on them. They are very easy to clean, and the majority of the time you can just use a damp cloth to wipe them down. Good luck on your decision.

62chad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was suspect about the MGV before I got it...but one month in I can tell you it's awesome. Definitely worth it.

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M240i, 2015 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Are the MGV seats in the BD coloured different than the MGV in the BL? Or is it just the thread colour that’s different?
Gray and black as opposed to all black.

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No more cloth seats for me. The MGV might be nicer than leather.... That's what pushed me to BD mid for under 50. And it's got more retro style headlights....

stormshadow3800

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta TDI, Bronco Badlands (SAS)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wisconsin here as well. I went Badlands with Leather. I might regret not getting the MGV, as the Leather does not have the washout floors. I have heard people complain about the MGV getting really hot and sweaty though. That's what swayed me. I'm not a small dude and definitely sweat. Humid ass northern Wisconsin woods in the summer...

Big Diamond

Wildtrak
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco HOSS 3.0 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am all about about the Black Diamond, but if you like high package I think going to the Badlands is an easy choice. Based on your use, the MGV and washout floors will work great for you. With this interior it is the first time in my life that I have not worried about how dirty someone's shoes are or if a drink gets spilled.
I'm also all about the Black Diamond, but if Ford would have let me put high package on it, I would have done so.

RyanRallyX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Tacoma, '12 Pilot, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm also all about the Black Diamond, but if Ford would have let me put high package on it, I would have done so.
I admit we would have thought about it also...or higher if allowed. we were bummed the homelink wasn't in lower packages.

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The most off road this vehicle will do is some primitive camping in our National Forest, so maybe some crappy, poorly maintained fire roads.
My usage will be identical to yours. Almost 2 months in, the MGV + hard flooring are my favorite features. But then, I am anti-gizmo; I had no budget constraints & opted for BD standard package. I'd have paid more to have no screen at all.

A lot depends on how long you plan to keep it...in a very few years all the screen info will be shown on a heads-up display....'screens' will be in the same category as 8-tracks.

OP
OP

WIDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Lariat 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
No more cloth seats for me. The MGV might be nicer than leather.... That's what pushed me to BD mid for under 50. And it's got more retro style headlights....
i am so torn. Part of me says order an OBX and save for the $2k for the modular top (probably 2 year wait lol) but still. Idk

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

i am so torn. Part of me says order an OBX and save for the $2k for the modular top (probably 2 year wait lol) but still. Idk
I remember the torture a year ago working thru ALL the various possibilities, trying to find ways to eliminate some. In the end, what must-have's killed off the competition. They'll be different for everyone. But for me, it was must have MGV and must have soft top....on a 4 door, 2.7, etc. non-squatch. So that began to clear the field a bit. Figure out what you must have and roll from there. Enjoy the turmoil! It actually is fun, tho' maddening.

mbryant1985

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 Ford Bronco (project)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wisconsin here as well. I went Badlands with Leather. I might regret not getting the MGV, as the Leather does not have the washout floors. I have heard people complain about the MGV getting really hot and sweaty though. That's what swayed me. I'm not a small dude and definitely sweat. Humid ass northern Wisconsin woods in the summer...
I was sold on the MGV at first as well until the Bronco traveling demos came through and I got to sit in both. They had two Rapid Red Badlands, one MGV and the other was leather.

I went and saw them on a humid afternoon when it was pouring rain outside. The MGV smelled so musty and nasty from numerous wet people getting in and out of it, the leather still had that new car smell. I was sold on my decision to get leather after that.

Not that MGV isn't badass, but for those who have it...keep it clean or keep the windows down lol.

Last edited:
OP
OP

WIDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Lariat 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I was sold on the MGV at first as well until the Bronco traveling demos came through and I got to sit in both. They had two Rapid Red Badlands, one MGV and the other was leather.

I went and saw them on a humid afternoon when it was pouring rain outside. The MGV smelled so musty and nasty from numerous wet people getting in and out of it, the leather still had that new car smell. I was sold on my decision to get leather after that.

Not that MGV isn't badass, but for those who have it...keep it clean or keep the windows down lol.
Thanks for the insight.
I think i have decided on the Outer Banks...
I'm losing capability (which I stated before i don't really care about),and some possible resale, but I plan to have this vehicle for awhile, so that is fine too.
I think the OBx just looks better and I'll keep the $2000 for a modular roof or maybe some aftermarket "high rise" roof rack, so you can actually remove the 2nd row when rails are installed.
Sponsored