First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus Elise
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Squatsh the Badlands then you won't have any regrets šŸ˜€. Also, I believe I read in other threads that the SAS MTs are not Mud Tires, they are Multi Terrain.
Sponsored

OP
OP
midwestpilot

midwestpilot

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Equator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Both are great options and you canā€™t go wrong. So, seems like you just have to decide 35s vs 33, 4.7 gears vs 4.46, cloth vs MGV and manual disconnect vs push button disconnect.

On a side note, if you do plan to off road, you may want to consider removing the tube steps and adding rock rails (if you go WT) as the tube steps will get beat up if you do anything more than moderate off-roading.
Absolutely! Iā€™m not going to go hardcore at first and what I would like is a solid rock rail/step combination but plan is to have it with steps when puttering around town and rails when out and about overlanding. Wife is 5 foot so thereā€™s no negotiating this one haha

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Absolutely! Iā€™m not going to go hardcore at first and what I would like is a solid rock rail/step combination but plan is to have it with steps when puttering around town and rails when out and about overlanding. Wife is 5 foot so thereā€™s no negotiating this one haha
You are not going to miss the 5% difference in the gearing, so ya, the non-sasquatch Badlands makes a ton of sense. Not only that, a second set of new rims and 35" tires should still be under $2k should you want to run 35's.

I do plan on adding a manual sway bar disconnect to my OBX. I am also sure that I will upgrade the suspension at some point.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went Badlands with High because it was the highest optioned manual transmission I could build that made sense. Going up to the Lux with a stick seemed like leaving a lot of what is paid for on the cutting room floor.

I canā€™t think of any trails or situations in my region that I canā€™t tackle on 33ā€ tires. I was between a Black Diamond base and a Badlands high, the difference is about $8500.
Sponsored