Sponsored

Rear bumper different between 2023 Badlands and Wildtrak ?

nelmaux

Outer Banks
First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I received a new Wildtrak a few weeks ago, but I go to the dealer today and have a new Badlands, and the rear bumper is different. Do they have an upgrade or is the bumper in the Badland different compared to the Wildtrak? Because look so nice and the little flaps on the sides look very good.
Sponsored

Roll Tide!

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 Door Carbonized Gray Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I received a new Wildtrak a few weeks ago, but I go to the dealer today and have a new Badlands, and the rear bumper is different. Do they have an upgrade or is the bumper in the Badland different compared to the Wildtrak? Because look so nice and the little flaps on the sides look very good.
Wait! I’m confused. You owned a Wildtrak which you bought a few weeks ago but now you own a Badlands?

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There is no option to upgrade the rear bumper on trims with the plastic rear bumper standard. I imagine it would be a new constraint if Ford did give that option as no one wants the plastic rear bumper.

As you surmise and was mentioned by another, the Badlands has a steel rear bumper vs the Wildtrak is plastic.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Badlands does have a ”partial” steel bumper (the bottom part) with a plastic cap I guess I’d call it. Think the top where the step plate is.

The steel is better than plastic, sure, but not by much. The steel is crazy thin and the rear bumper is light. In contrast, the steel for the front modular bumper is real steel and I wish the rear was closer.

I’d imagine it has something to do with crash ratings. In the end, I’d rather the bumper crush and save the actual truck than have a hard and heavy steel rear bumper crush the back of the vehicle in a collision.

If you want a better rear bumper, I’d just go aftermarket if you actually are going off-road so you can get one that doesn’t hang as low as the stock.

Sponsored
OP
OP
nelmaux

nelmaux

Outer Banks
First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
OP
OP
nelmaux

nelmaux

Outer Banks
First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The BL comes with a metal rear bumper and us WT folks are stuck with a cheap plastic rear bumper :)
Thanks, now I need to check if I can change the ones on my wife's:unsure::unsure: Badlands to my Wildtrak

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

there's one currently for sale in the members classified area

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The Badlands does have a ”partial” steel bumper (the bottom part) with a plastic cap I guess I’d call it. Think the top where the step plate is.

The steel is better than plastic, sure, but not by much. The steel is crazy thin and the rear bumper is light. In contrast, the steel for the front modular bumper is real steel and I wish the rear was closer.

I’d imagine it has something to do with crash ratings. In the end, I’d rather the bumper crush and save the actual truck than have a hard and heavy steel rear bumper crush the back of the vehicle in a collision.

If you want a better rear bumper, I’d just go aftermarket if you actually are going off-road so you can get one that doesn’t hang as low as the stock.
Agree completely.

As a early reservation holder and only had to wait 965 days for my Badlands order to come through, in that time I lost the formerly-standard-bit-of-kit "HD" bumper (also not very heavy duty).

Went aftermarket front and rear then sold the factory partial sheet metal OEM "capable" bumpers to a Wildtrak owner.

Neither the "Capable" or "Heavy Duty" factory bumpers are viable for any real impacts so I also suggest to the OP that if you want metal bumpers, go buy actual metal bumpers. Not the factory stamped sheet metal ones.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Manufacturers consider pedestrians when designing vehicles. That’s why OEMS are not so thick.
Sponsored