Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Multiple Toys
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Folks,
I've seen references to this issue in other threads, but havent seen a definative fix yet.

I have a 22 Black Diamond with the Mid & Tow Packages. I'm also a cyclist and have added a bike rack to the back (Kaut Pivot 2 with a 1Up HD). As such, the truck starts alarming and beeping every time I put it in reverse. Yes, There is an option to mute the alert, but 1) that option takes 2 seconds to show up on the touch screen and 2) I have to "set" the mute every bloody time I restart the truck.

I dont mind the blocked rear-view camera, as I never use it anyways, but the beeping is fairly annoying. There are no settings I can find that kill the option, as I have all the park aid/reverse assist stuff turned off that I can (seems like "cross traffic alert" turns back on every time truck is restarted). I havent just physically disconnected the sensors in the bumper yet, but am betting that will turn into a whole new set of errors and beeping annoyances.

Know I'm not the only Bronco driver out there with a bike rack, how are people getting around this?

TheShu
Sponsored

mbagne

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had a Ford Flex that allowed for navigation using the on-screen menu, where there was a setting to disable the rear sensors, specifically for when using the tow package. Check the manual or fiddle with the menu to find it . . . it is probably there.

OP
OP

TheShu

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Multiple Toys
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Nope... Literally every rear assist/park assist (as well as lane keep assist, pre collision assist, parking assist and every thing else I cound find) is off. I dont see any menu options specific to towing. The cross traffic alert seems to turn back on while the rest of the nanny/assists stay off, guessing that may be what is triggering.

Additionally, the ford dealer couldnt figure out a fix either.

I was hoping for a forscan fix, but that doesnt seem to be on the list of modifications found either.

Tortuga353

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You have to take it to the dealer for an instrument panel software update. TSB 22-2038.
Once the customer receives the new Instrument Panel software, they can use the center touchscreen to access Features > Driver Assistance > Parking Aid Sensors to deactivate or activate front and/or rear sensor alerts. This should remain in that state until it’s changed again by the customer
I had to argue and take it to the dealer three times before they finally fixed it.

Mybbackpacker

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 FJ cruiser (just sold), 18 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, I have the same issue and it is really annoying. I disabled every sensor in the menu and it still beeps with my bike rack on there. Not sure what the point of having the the ability to disable them if it does nothing. There is a physical button on the dash to disble it, but that is only affective until you turn off the ignition and then you have to hit it again. My bike rack only comes off in the winter or if I am towing

Sponsored

Mybbackpacker

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You have to take it to the dealer for an instrument panel software update. TSB 22-2038.

I had to argue and take it to the dealer three times before they finally fixed it.
I have those options, but as far as I can tell they don’t do a dang thing other than show toggled on or off.

Mybbackpacker

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, I have the same issue and it is really annoying. I disabled every sensor in the menu and it still beeps with my bike rack on there. Not sure what the point of having the the ability to disable them if it does nothing. There is a physical button on the dash to disble it, but that is only affective until you turn off the ignition and then you have to hit it again. My bike rack only comes off in the winter or if I am towing.

To clarify this is not an issue when towing.

Mybbackpacker

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After reading another thread it looks like that the options are there for many, but do not work until after the aforementioned update. Guess I will be making a trip to the dealer.

Tortuga353

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Correct
After reading another thread it looks like that the options are there for many, but do not work until after the aforementioned update. Guess I will be making a trip to the dealer.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Folks,
I've seen references to this issue in other threads, but havent seen a definative fix yet.

I have a 22 Black Diamond with the Mid & Tow Packages. I'm also a cyclist and have added a bike rack to the back (Kaut Pivot 2 with a 1Up HD). As such, the truck starts alarming and beeping every time I put it in reverse. Yes, There is an option to mute the alert, but 1) that option takes 2 seconds to show up on the touch screen and 2) I have to "set" the mute every bloody time I restart the truck.

I dont mind the blocked rear-view camera, as I never use it anyways, but the beeping is fairly annoying. There are no settings I can find that kill the option, as I have all the park aid/reverse assist stuff turned off that I can (seems like "cross traffic alert" turns back on every time truck is restarted). I havent just physically disconnected the sensors in the bumper yet, but am betting that will turn into a whole new set of errors and beeping annoyances.

Know I'm not the only Bronco driver out there with a bike rack, how are people getting around this?

TheShu
I just live with it. I take the bike rack on and off, but the Pivot extending/swing away is fairly permanent.

Sponsored

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you have any more details on this update. As in, what should I ask of my dealer to have them understand what I want? Maybe a software version number or specific code add-in?

Blaven

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Do you have any more details on this update. As in, what should I ask of my dealer to have them understand what I want? Maybe a software version number or specific code add-in?
Just telling them that TSB should suffice if they know what they are doing.

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Folks,

TheShu
same issue, i can disable the alert when backing up.

i am wondering if i do i tire relocation kit and move it up 2-3" would that help vision. right now the 1up blocks half the view.

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Folks,

TheShu
can you post a picture of your setup please. I am just starting to do bike rack research. Would help to see what your dealing with.

Fmuguira

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can you plug in a ‘dummy tow plug’ that the vehicle might acknowledge as if you re actually towing? That might at least keep it from beeping madly !!
Sponsored