Sponsored

Is anyone having trouble deciding between 2-door and 4-door?

ndumlao72

Base
First Name
Nestor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma & 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
2D FTW! Not my wife’s car! Not my kid’s car!
My family’s (meaning my dad mom & sis) 1st family car was a 1970 Pontiac GTO, my dad still regrets trading it in for a ‘practical’ family vehicle (street van) circa mid 1970s
Sponsored

Crowleyman

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Durango
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Still need a car seat for my son. 4 door all day long. I like the proportions of the 2D (especially with the cut-out doors they had on the Cyber Orange reveal truck), but practically wins the day.

Crowleyman

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Durango
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My family’s (meaning my dad mom & sis) 1st family car was a 1970 Pontiac GTO, my dad still regrets trading it in for a ‘practical’ family vehicle (street van) circa mid 1970s
I had a ‘68 Goat when I was 19. If I could go back in time, and tell myself not to sell it...

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So after reading all 169 posts all I can gather is having 1 kid suddenly removes the back seats from the 2 door?!?? Man I think that means having 2 kids call for an expedition since you will need the third row haha

ndumlao72

Base
First Name
Nestor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma & 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
I had a ‘68 Goat when I was 19. If I could go back in time, and tell myself not to sell it...
I got in the kids (4yo & 2yo) game late and closing in on 50yo, but those 2 will not be 'Hobbit-sized' forever they can go thru the passenger door lol

Sponsored

PELS82

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Torn between 2 door and 4 door. No issue with the act of my kids climbing into the back seat.

My only worry is that getting rear ended in a 2 door puts the rear passengers more at risk (less cargo space between bumper and backseats). Im wired to think like that. lol.

ndumlao72

Base
First Name
Nestor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma & 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
So after reading all 169 posts all I can gather is having 1 kid suddenly removes the back seats from the 2 door?!?? Man I think that means having 2 kids call for an expedition since you will need the third row haha
Wrong. Get what you want first. Those back seats in the 2d are not a glorified shelf. They are meant to be sat upon by whichever means those rear occupants can get into

LoneStar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Probably buried in this thread someplace... but just going to ask here ....

What is the general consensus on the weight-delta going from a 2-dr to 4-dr model?

Trying to talk myself into staying with the 2.3-Manual but worried about it in a 4-door.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Torn between 2 door and 4 door. No issue with the act of my kids climbing into the back seat.

My only worry is that getting rear ended in a 2 door puts the rear passengers more at risk (less cargo space between bumper and backseats). Im wired to think like that. lol.
If you get rear-ended so hard that the entire back of the Bronco is pushed in that far, the least of your worries will be whether you had a two- or four-door! ?

Sponsored

tarantularock

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 / future Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If it were just me and my wife I would say 2 door!
We have 2 young kids but it’s not them that is making me feel like I need the 4 door. It’s all the gear that comes along with them plus the need for an occasional 5th seat. I’m happy the 4 door looked good.

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Something about the proportions of the 2 door with the hardtop on don't look right to me. I think the 4 door soft top with 33" or larger tires is perfect.

ArrickSports

Black Diamond
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Chevy HHR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

2 door for me. Especially since the leg room is the same. So if anyone sits in the back its only a matter of flipping the seat vs opening a door.

Also I love the way the 2 door looks in the Bronco. Its weird i like the 4 door Jeep way better then the 2 door Jeep. I actually hate the 2 door Jeep.
But I like the 2 door Bronco better then the 4 door. Weird. There's Definitely a design difference.
It is odd, I like the 4D Jeep look better as well but from what I have seen from the images of the Bronco, the 2D is better looking. I am still struggling though between 2D and 4D.

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nope. :cool:

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I want a 2-door but have 2 retrievers now and likely a young human in the near future so it just wouldn’t be possible to road trip with the dogs.
Sponsored