Sponsored

Found out We’re Having Twins! - How is the 4 Door for 2 Infant Seats?

Markpf189

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
When I got my bronco, I had no idea we’d be having 2 babies on the way! I am curious how parents of 2 babies have fared with the 4 door bronco? I am 6’1” , so I want to make sure I can drive at a comfortable position with the rear facing car seat in the back. Also curious how the trunk space is with having to haul stuff around without being able to put the seats down.

Thanks!
Sponsored

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dodge charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Video with visual examples. Bonus for you is the guy states he's 6'1".

And congrats!

Reactions: RLW

RLW

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Lexus GS 300, 2022 Badlands, 2022 Honda Odyss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We have a 1.5 yr old, 5 yr old, and one due July.
You should fit fine in the driver seat with a rear facing car seat behind you. If you were 6ft 6 it would be tight.
But you will be fine.
Rear/trunk space is actually quite a lot. I think it’s more than adequate.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

When I got my bronco, I had no idea we’d be having 2 babies on the way! I am curious how parents of 2 babies have fared with the 4 door bronco? I am 6’1” , so I want to make sure I can drive at a comfortable position with the rear facing car seat in the back. Also curious how the trunk space is with having to haul stuff around without being able to put the seats down.

Thanks!
Congratulations, you are about to learn the meaning of parental sacrifice. My niece loves her new Honda Odyssey to carry her brood of 3 under 3 around.

On the the other hand, maybe this one suits you more...
Woodland is the first off-road minivan
Test drive: The 2022 Toyota Sienna Woodland is the monster truck of minivans

Calm horse

Big Bend
First Name
MO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 f150 king ranch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thanks!
You're gonna need an expedition! Congratulations though!

Sponsored

RR Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Rapid Red Bronco, 83 CJ7, Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks!
Congratulations! While I can't answer your question because my kids are out of car seats, I can comment on how awesome twins are. lol.
Twins do everything together, so get ready. @BroncoInMD
Ford Bronco Found out We’re Having Twins! - How is the 4 Door for 2 Infant Seats? tempImageNR4OOw

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've got two rear facing car seats and we're doing great with them so far. I take my 19 month old off road with me regularly, and he has a blast.
I'd obviously wait on taking newborns anywhere off-road, since they have zero neck control or neck muscles.
I'm not quite 6', but I've still got my seat pretty far back.

El Bronco Blanco

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Explorer XLT, 2021 Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have an identical twin myself so it is pretty cool to always have that best friend. Congrats @Markpf189 on the babies!! (Parent Pro-tip - Never, never do bunk beds, great for space, it just sucks to make the bed on the top bunk…)

As far the Bronco I’ve been getting a ton of crap from the wife about my ‘useless’ vehicle I’m buying. Doesn’t matter we will be keeping my Explorer regardless, still just nags about the Bronco. 😂

This video was great to see. We have 3 kids. 6-3-6mo. I’ve said all along, that it will fit with the right booster/seat mix and this proves to me I’m very possibly right. I’m 6’ and the wife is 5’2”. Pretty sure that makes it even easier to put the baby seat behind the passenger. 3yo behind driver. And the 6yo on a small booster in the middle. Also, the longer that Ford drags this out, the bigger the kids get, and that just means smaller seats. 😆

Obviously the 6mo wouldn’t come off-road right away. But daily driving, when ‘need’ to have all 3 kids, and for some reason I don’t want to be smart and take the Explorer, it should work.

George Ellis

Badlands
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350 DRW CC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Search around here. There are a couple posts asking about 3 car seats. The suggestions pointed out brands that made narrower seats. In fact, I got inflatable booster seats from one of those threads (still in our F-350). Keep that in back of your mind for about 5 years, they are more comfortable than the conversion seat base.

Infants were the reason I traded my FJ Cruiser. With 2 in car seats and 1 in a rear facing seat, it was painful to go through the suicide door (you kneel on the trim and lift across with bad rotator cuffs). We got custody of our grandkids, so instant family of 1/2 yo, 3 yo, 5 yo.

Sponsored

wally

Big Bend
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
TWO thumbs up!!!(y)(y)

El Bronco Blanco

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Explorer XLT, 2021 Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

USAGUY

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have two car seats in my 4dr badlands. You will be fine. It’s not the best. My 2018 Toyota Highlander is far better room wise. But it’s not as cool to drive as the Bronco. Basically not the best but it’s OK.
Congrats on the little ones.
Totally unrelated to cars, if you never heard of a 529 account. Google it now and sign both your little ones up. Do it!! Do it now!!!!!