Sponsored

2 door parents - how is using car seats? Any regrets?

OP
OP

See_Later_Alligator

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’ve had a 2 door BaseSquatch since the end of June. My son was very small so we started using a rear facing infant seat and now he’s in a front facing booster style seat. I’m 5’9” and I haven’t had issues getting him in and out. Sometimes we’re in and out multiple times per day.

It has become standard operating procedure for our family and I honestly didn’t even think about it until I saw your post. We love our 2 door Bronco and are very happy we didn’t settle for the 4 door.

Oh yeah, almost forgot, we have a 90lb ridgeback and a 60lb shepherd we haul around as well.

My only regret is not reserving a second 2 door.
This is helpful thank you. Do you ever remove your hard top?
Sponsored

BronchoPeat

Base
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.evergreenclothier.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 Tiguan S w/4motion | '14 Fiesta SE Hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is helpful thank you. Do you ever remove your hard top?
I do, when it comes off it’s off for the season. Then I can chuck the little dude in the back starsky and hutch style.

I’m thinking about grabbing a Bestop TrekTop for the rig just for some added flexibility since it runs in a few configurations fairly easily.

Ford Bronco 2 door parents - how is using car seats? Any regrets? 51450618-4D6C-4537-86E1-BFBDD489AAEE

OP
OP

See_Later_Alligator

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I do, when it comes off it’s off for the season. Then I can chuck the little dude in the back starsky and hutch style.

I’m thinking about grabbing a Bestop TrekTop for the rig just for some added flexibility since it runs in a few configurations fairly easily.

Ford Bronco 2 door parents - how is using car seats? Any regrets? 51450618-4D6C-4537-86E1-BFBDD489AAEE
so that’s my issue. I still need to Park it exposed to the elements in Florida. So max I could have it sheltered is one long weekend.
Side note - I didn’t think I like the dark gray but it really works on yours.

Baddabam

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy 2500, Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have two in car seats (one in a keyfit 30 and one in a booster type) They fit just fine back there for riding around town and for school drop off. If its not the main kid car I would stick with the two door. By the way the kids love riding in the Bronco!

OP
OP

See_Later_Alligator

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have two in car seats (one in a keyfit 30 and one in a booster type) They fit just fine back there for riding around town and for school drop off. If its not the main kid car I would stick with the two door. By the way the kids love riding in the Bronco!
thanks. It’s not painful getting them out of the 2 door for school everyday?

Sponsored

RedDawg

Big Bend
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Car seats are temporary. Two doors are forever.
Peace. Out
✌🏼

First BaseMan

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

By the time mine got here my kids were both in boosters. No issues and it has actually been easier than getting them in car seats in the back seat of my old Fusion. They love riding in it and the booster seats can be removed really easily.
My 6 year old can scramble up on her own for the most part, my 4 year old usually needs a bit of a boost, but I'm getting a nerf bar or a step bar anyway because my wife is pretty short.

OP
OP

See_Later_Alligator

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
By the time mine got here my kids were both in boosters. No issues and it has actually been easier than getting them in car seats in the back seat of my old Fusion. They love riding in it and the booster seats can be removed really easily.
My 6 year old can scramble up on her own for the most part, my 4 year old usually needs a bit of a boost, but I'm getting a nerf bar or a step bar anyway because my wife is pretty short.
Yah bending awkwardly down and side in a sedan is never super comfortable anyway. Thank you.
Sponsored